DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Just got the holiday Joker today. In-hand, it actually looks much better than from the photos. The eyes aren't nearly as bad. I'm actually quite happy with it.

I just fixed Talia's arms and it's super easy, took less than 3mins. And yeah it is terrifying cutting a figures' arms off. I used Krazy glue and it worked no problem. I was shocked how well the glue held. At any rate I highly recommend making the fix.

Anyone know nothing about this MONDO figure?? I like the prototype, is a good start. If they improve some details it would be a very cool figure :D
SDCC-2016-Mondo-Display-010.jpg

Anyone know nothing about this MONDO figure?? I like the prototype, is a good start. If they improve some details it would be a very cool figure :D

That image is pretty much all we know about it. I'm not a fan of the excessive "cartoon" shading, and I would've liked to see them base this off how Batman appears when the animation companies drew him more "realistically", since I feel he'd look more impressive that way, rather than the just DCC figure blown up. Like this, complete with visible nose.

Batman-The-Animated-Series-645x370.jpg

The Kotobukiya figure did the shading perfectly, considering these are actual 3D objects and not cartoons.

53.jpg

Last edited:

I can tell you the Mondo figure will probably take forever to come out. Should coincide with BTAS 50TH Anniversary :p

Oh and the Koto is actually released today. Looks good from the pics I saw on IG, but I got way too many purchases this month.

I can tell you the Mondo figure will probably take forever to come out. Should coincide with BTAS 50TH Anniversary :p

Oh and the Koto is actually released today. Looks good from the pics I saw on IG, but I got way too many purchases this month.

Hopefully they aren't finished with it yet. Mondo's pieces, especially their new 1/6 He-Man and Skeletor figures, are pretty good.

And yeah, I really want to get the Koto but I'm going to try getting into this line again. Maybe later on I'll pick him up since I doubt he'll go anywhere. Scarface and Bullock have me interested in this again, I just don't know if I missed them at my LCS already or if they aren't out yet. :duh

Last edited:

I got the Koto last month.

Did you get imported? It didn't release in the u.s. Through diamond until today, but I heard it was out last month in Europe and Japan.

Hurray! The Batsignal FINALLY arrived in the UK today! Been wanting this badly and it's been torture seeing all you guys getting it way before us. :lol

But now it's here and I love it!! :D

Amazing set up sfa!!! Love the clouds!

Batwing should start processing at BBTS today. Can't wait to get it!

Thanks guys!! :D

No idea when the Batwing will arrive here in the UK, but hopefully it won't be too long. And hopefully it will fit in that top part of my display where I'd like it to!

No idea when the Batwing will arrive here in the UK, but hopefully it won't be too long. And hopefully it will fit in that top part of my display where I'd like it to!

dude I saw the pics of your set up on instagram, it's freakin' awesome! o_O how much space does it takes???
ps. that clouds thing is genial! :bow

What bookcase do you have? i have a mainstay 5-shelf bookcase and i just got my batwing about a week ago and it won't fit. unless i remove one of the wings then i'll fit so good luck.

dude I saw the pics of your set up on instagram, it's freakin' awesome! o_O how much space does it takes???
ps. that clouds thing is genial! :bow
Thanks!!! :D It pretty much takes up the full space from floor to ceiling. About 8ft tall I think.

What bookcase do you have? i have a mainstay 5-shelf bookcase and i just got my batwing about a week ago and it won't fit. unless i remove one of the wings then i'll fit so good luck.

I custom built the section at the top of my existing bookcase so it's much deeper. I'm hoping I can get the Batwing in at an angle of some sort. The width of the bookcase is 29 inches so it should definitely fit in head on, but it would stick out a lot. I'll make sure to post pics of course if I can get it in there! :)

Back