DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

WGD - Did you remove the monocle to paint it or did you paint the front of it? I feel i need to remove it and paint the back but hesitant for fear of breaking it during the process...

I just painted the front of it and added the string (a needle thread) to it.

No need to paint the back at all, let alone remove it!!!

Got Clayface today :D I'm super happy with him! A few pros and cons

Pros: He is quite large and balances fairly well without his stand.
I personally quite like the neutral head and the screaming head is of course amazing.
The accessories are great, especially the mace :)

Cons:
STIFF JOINTS. Be careful moving his arms and legs around.
When I first went to pull the neutral head off, the peg that is supposed to be glued to the head pulled right off :/ A bit of super glue should do the trick.
Limited articulation....really wish the legs could bend. Also, really wish his arms could open more to pose the weapon arms.

Still a figure I am happy with for an iconic villain from the show. He along with Scarface and the others round out the collection nicely :D

Now I'm sad everything for the year is done with the line, bring on 2017!

IMG_7951.jpgView attachment 308785IMG_7961.jpgIMG_7955.jpgIMG_7960.jpgView attachment 308789

Attachments

• IMG_7962.jpg
    IMG_7962.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_7950.jpg
    IMG_7950.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 196

That's weird... Robin comes with a whip but I don't really remember him using one. someone refresh my memory please? Oô

It's not a whip, it's a bolo.

Vasq, thanks for the pics! He looks awesome. Can't wait to get him.

It's not a whip, it's a bolo.

It's actually called bola. What a weird and funny name. :rotfl

That's weird... Robin comes with a whip but I don't really remember him using one. someone refresh my memory please? Oô

Robin uses the bola at the very beginning of "Robin's Reckoning - Part 1", the episode on which his figure was based:

RobinTAS.jpg

Never correct me again.

is this the only episode he uses it? because I really don't remember .__.
but maybe it's only that actually always hated the boywonder so I probably just didn't care about his equipment very much xD

the more I look Clayface, the more I see it small.. T.T fantastic sculpt but the size of him bother me X_X next to Etrigan looks very weird

Manbat was bigger, in scale and cheaper. Thanks DCC -.-

no love for etrigan??

checking last 4 pages but no picture of etrigan

Despite my hate for his size, I wound up getting Clayface lol. Holiday special at my LCS made it too tempting, so he was basically the price of a normal fig. Figured since I paid that for Firesuit Batman, **** it lol. Still disappointed with his height, though he isn't quite as small as I had assumed. I actually think I like his default head more. Joints are stiff as can be on mine, except the left arm, which is loose at the shoulder. He's def a cool fig, just not what I had hoped for. Though my expectations were a bit high I suppose. He looks awesome on my shelf next to Manbat.

Also, his pinched off poop arm is actually pretty cool lol

Couldn't get a clear pic and got sick of trying, so excuse the quality lol

adfg.jpg

no love for etrigan??

checking last 4 pages but no picture of etrigan

Here's a ****** pic of Clayface side by side with Etrigan lol

96HDOvG.jpg

Insanely gorgeous display, sfa!! Love the clouds and buildings!!
The collection is already pretty huge!!
By the end of 2017, I guess we will all need extra shelves. LMAO!!!

sfa, your display keeps looking better and better. It's an inspiration. I love the graphic look, simple and clever.

That is one thing of beauty.

That is one remarkable and brilliant display, sfa! You really know how to bring the animation to life with the cloud layers and cityscape. That is seriously masterful. In fact, someone on instagram has already copied your clouds too.
I can't wait to see your Batwing in there!

Yea, like everyone else I can't say enough good things about that display. Just adds some much more to the figures. Awesome stuff.

Thank you for the compliments everyone!! I massively appreciate them all! :D

Speaking of displays, here's mine. Now updated with the new BTAS figures:

View attachment 308693

AAAALSO, Merry Christmas from the Holiday Family!!!
View attachment 308694

Your collection looks fantastic WGD! The simple white background really does make them pop. And Joker looks much better with the headswap!

Great photos vasq! Clayface and Ventriloquist/Scarface look so awesome. I can't wait to get them. Your entire collection shot is awesome too! Love all your poses :D

Love your BTAS display Phantasm! Looking nice and full too!

I do have one question for both WGD and Phantasm....... Howcome neither of you have placed Talia and Ra's next to each other? I'm genuinely curious, as that seems to me like a no-brainer :lol

Love your BTAS display Phantasm! Looking nice and full too!

I do have one question for both WGD and Phantasm....... Howcome neither of you have placed Talia and Ra's next to each other? I'm genuinely curious, as that seems to me like a no-brainer :lol

Thanks man! Hahaha well... idk lol. I was originally gonna use the first step for all females, but then I didn't want to mix in the villains with the others, but I needed to move Catwoman down to have 6 on the bottom. But then I put Joker next to Harley... blah blah blah haha. They'll reunite eventually!

Also...

Ra's does kill Talia and steal her body. Not to mention kisses Bruce..

How close are they really lmao

Insane display by the way! The display my display aspires to be one day! lol

Ahh I see! :lol And yeah I guess you're right, they don't always see eye to eye!

Thanks!! :D Yours is looking really sharp. You might need an extension soon though once more figures get released!

I know a woman named Bola.

The spanish name for this is "boleadora".

Back