DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I guess we'll see what Kevin say, but I see two possibilities:

1. The June 28th date is some kind of placeholder for Diamond, and Harley will be out much sooner, to the Girls Night Out set, which is supposed to include the same figure (sans extras)

2. The June 28th date is actually fairly accurate, and the single Harley has been pushed back to make the Girls Night Out set more appealing.

I wanna see what holiday Joker looks like with the bottom lines of the eyes darken and widened. I agree that the head looks off but I still like the figure.

Came across this from the consumer products style guide:

TNBA_SizeChart.jpg

View attachment 306626

It is so odd how DC Collectibles is on the grand scale doing such marvelous work, yet on a few key figures they just can't get it right. Their B:TAS Batman figures have gotten increasingly better, yet they are still a long way off from reaching the accuracy of the 1992 Kenner sculpt or the DC Direct Maquette from the late 90's / early 2000's. Their Bruce Wayne is simply puzzling. Haven't they looked at the show?

As for the Joker, I feel like it's mostly the paint work and the soft sculpt. Why is it that a Shampoo bottle head from the early 90's (only picture I could find at the moment) got it so right, yet a Collectibles company has been struggling with it since 2015? Check out the DC Direct statue from the late 90's / early 2000's.

my Deluxe Batmobile has arrived today. It's so huge. more than thought. I don't really know where to put it :(
I switched the Heads of the both of my Batman figures. was pretty hard to take them off D:
no single card B wears the cloth cape and will jump into the car while Deluxe Batmobile B wears now the rubber cape and is ready for display.

I forgot to mention that I am alot happier with the new Batman Figure now.

amazon has all the new releases and most comic shops, anyone hear why BBTS has not filled any preorders yet on these new releases, i'm ready to ship my loot

amazon has all the new releases and most comic shops, anyone hear why BBTS has not filled any preorders yet on these new releases, i'm ready to ship my loot

Unfortunately and for whatever reason, they always get their diamond shipments after seemingly most everyone else.

Picked up Firesuit Batman today. Not my favorite by a long shot but still fun to pose around my new Diorama.

I am calling this one Gotham Plaza, based loosely around Batman returns. I am building it to eventually display my Batmobile.
Dg04r0Q.jpg

zrktwzO.jpg

sZQbqfm.jpg

Izk8PUu.jpg

As you can see I am a ways from finished. But hey its Friday night and this thread can always do with more pictures!

As you can see I am a ways from finished. But hey its Friday night and this thread can always do with more pictures!

DANG Amos that is super impressive! I really like your sculpting and diorama creating skills, can't wait to see the final product!! What materials do you use? Is it foam core and clay? The Batmobile will look perfect in that setup!

Wow! Fantastic work in progress!

Transmission from the Bat Cave

WOW that is one seriously impressive diorama Amos!! Incredible!

If you don't mind me asking, what's the reason behind choosing to base it loosely on Batman Returns, rather than something more Animated Series styled? Are you planning to use your dioramas for multiple figure lines use?

Again, it's really incredible! I'm sure your Batmobile will look awesome on there :D

Holy smokes. That diorama is incredibly impressive, Amos.

All you need now is a big Christmas tree in the center.

Guys..I am thinking if Dc collectibles could do in the future some others action figures for example Boss Thorne or Daggett, policewoman Montoya, Doctor Hugo Strange, King Clock and Alfred Pennyworth. What do you think about it?

DANG Amos that is super impressive! I really like your sculpting and diorama creating skills, can't wait to see the final product!! What materials do you use? Is it foam core and clay? The Batmobile will look perfect in that setup!

Thank you for the kind words. It is really just foam board and gorilla glue. A couple of pieces of cheap $1.00 wood from Michaels to mount the statues.

WOW that is one seriously impressive diorama Amos!! Incredible!

Thank you, very much appreciated :)

If you don't mind me asking, what's the reason behind choosing to base it loosely on Batman Returns, rather than something more Animated Series styled? Are you planning to use your dioramas for multiple figure lines use?

Again, it's really incredible! I'm sure your Batmobile will look awesome on there :D

Absolutely, ask away. I based it loosely around Batman Returns as I always loved Burtons Gotham. I will be using this for other lines also, Batman based DC Icons and Mezco Batman offerings are 2 that I am interested in right now. As I say this is primarily to display the Animated Batmobile and 'charge of the Batmobile' announced the arrival of the Batmobile for Burton and Timm.

Holy smokes. That diorama is incredibly impressive, Amos.

All you need now is a big Christmas tree in the center.

Ha, yes I seriously thought about it, love that sequence in BR. I may do something temporary and even add Christmas Joker :/

Very inspiring, Amos. As an artist myself, I can't wait to tackle some dioramas. I'm starting with a couple of Halo dioramas first as I have way too many figures.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Guys..I am thinking if Dc collectibles could do in the future some others action figures for example Boss Thorne or Daggett, policewoman Montoya, Doctor Hugo Strange, King Clock and Alfred Pennyworth. What do you think about it?
I not so sure how willing DCC is to make a lot of "Civilian" characters even though this is an adult collectors line. That being said I think that most of the particular characters you mentioned have a pretty decent shot of being made. Alfred being number one and everyone else being on equal ground for the number 2 spot except for Dagget. I think his chances are a lot slimmer than anyone else. I'm not sure we will ever see figures of Veronica Vreeland or Summer Gleason or Leslie Thomkins.

I not so sure how willing DCC is to make a lot of "Civilian" characters even though this is an adult collectors line. That being said I think that most of the particular characters you mentioned have a pretty decent shot of being made. Alfred being number one and everyone else being on equal ground for the number 2 spot except for Dagget. I think his chances are a lot slimmer than anyone else. I'm not sure we will ever see figures of Veronica Vreeland or Summer Gleason or Leslie Thomkins.

dude, the guy in your signature should totally be a figure :D that episode was always one of my favorite :)

Back