DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Looks even more like his turnaround:

IMG_1777.JPG

Don't you think that removing a bit of the lipstick to make it thinner could make it even better?
It looks so thick, IMO.

Man, I just love this figure! LMAOOOO!!
He looks so playful and silly. LOL

Can't wait to have him next to Lingerie Harley and the hyenas, and make my "Holiday Family" Christmas display.

Wow, just those eyebrows alone make that sculpt look a bit better. Looks awesome, dood.

I don''t think his eyebrows have ever been separate from the black surrounding his eyes. Even in the model sheet its all just one raccoon/bandit looking mask. Painting is a good start though.

Hmmm I will get back to you when I see it in person. I think it's defo the bad paint job but I need to see the sculpt closely. Also I would rather Joker without Santa's hat :/

gotcha, thanks for your hopinion master :D

Haha it's cool man. I just think the face is ugly. Especially if we're comparing it to the Arkham Knight classic Harley, which is perfect imo. I really like icons Joker and AK Harley, but I think Icons Harley and AK Joker are ugly haha. AK classic Harley is probably my favorite Harley figure to date

LOL actually the dot matrix head is the reason why I like that figure the most! ahaha xD still have to get the AK Harley, but you mean the game version or the black/red costume one? I'm planning to get them both :) I want display all my Harleys in my "Ikea light box" synas-vetrina-con-luci-a-led-bianco__0483040_PE620639_S4.JPG

I painting the eyebrows

Good job man! But in my hopinion the problem of this figure is the sculpt. The jawline is totally wrong compared to any Bruce Timm draw of him.
Head should be bigger, bigger eyes and pointy/thin jaw. Even the hands looks giant compared to that tiny head IMHO :)

Yikes, DCC just can't get BTAS Joker right.

I also have some objections to purchasing the Holiday Joker, BUT the way I see it is, if I and a few others who can and are willing to make the investment, maybe DCC will offer a pack of alternate Joker heads with a corrected version for the holiday Joker (Wishful thinking, I know!) But to each his own. I want the line to continue, and the hit and miss ratio is still on the positive side in my book.

If we want to do something to ensure future waves avoid issues like these, we could petition DCC, as a community, to up their game. (Just thinking out loud.)

On another note, does anybody know when BBTS is getting the Bullock wave?

If the Batman Expressions set performs well (and I suspect it will) I see no reason why that shouldn't pave the way for expression sets for other popular characters, especially Joker. I'd expect a set for TNBA Batman first but I wouldn't be shocked if we got a variant Joker (Arkham) or Harley (nurse) with some fun portraits and appropriate accessories.

If they do an expressions pack for Joker, they really need to go back to the drawing board. It almost makes me sad that I have to say the best Joker in this line is, to date, the TNBA version. If it was me, I'd make it a deluxe version with switch out arms, a removable coat, and multiple hatted and unhatted sculpts.

After seeing the War on Christmas... (sorry) Holiday Joker in person, the portrait doesn't look too bad. The eyes definitely need to be repainted but the rest looks pretty decent to me.

But I agree that the neck looks too thick, and not just because of the collar.

He's not high on my list of figures to add to my collection but I'd be tempted to swap another Joker's head with this one.

Now gimme a straitjacket version.

joker_xmas_tas.jpg

Does anyone remember if the BTAS Mr. Freeze we are getting next year is Deluxe or regular?

I can't remember precisely now what the press were told at this year's SDCC, as they were shown the early prototype.

If Deluxe, I wonder what couple possibly make him "deluxe"?
I mean, if Nora was coming, that could only be called a 2-pack, not simply "deluxe".

Maybe multiple and different ice stuff to plug on his gun?

Technically Killer Croc is a 2-pack and TNBA Joker is a 3-pack but neither were solicited as "Deluxe."

A Deluxe Freeze could include a "frozen" Nora inaction figure in a cryo-tube. I'd be down with ice effects as well. So long as the price is justified, it's cool.

Techically Baby Doll was an accessory, just like the hyenas. I wouldn't put them on the same level as a cryo-tube with Nora in it.

Technically Killer Croc is a 2-pack and TNBA Joker is a 3-pack but neither were solicited as "Deluxe."

A Deluxe Freeze could include a "frozen" Nora inaction figure in a cryo-tube. I'd be down with ice effects as well. So long as the price is justified, it's cool.

I think DCC consider figures for multiple packs when they add the base for them :) Baby Doll doesn't have a base, they consider her like an accessory xD
But I agree what you said, technically it is. Baby Doll is a main character compared to a useless anti-fire Batman thing. ;D

About Freeze I see no chance to see a deluxe figure.. we must accept DCC is a very lazy company and this line (even if is beauty and have really great pieces) is proving it very much. xD

Techically Baby Doll was an accessory, just like the hyenas. I wouldn't put them on the same level as a cryo-tube with Nora in it.

I'd say it depends on whether Nora is an actual "action" figure, one that has at least 5 POAs or just a one piece, static, non-poseable figure. I don't really see a point in making her a true action figure. Inside the cryo-tube, the figure would require a head sculpt with closed eyes and floating hair as well as a floating gown. Outside, she'd look odd with all this. Unless they do a swap-able head and dress... but that's all going to be more $$$

Does anyone remember if the BTAS Mr. Freeze we are getting next year is Deluxe or regular?

I can't remember precisely now what the press were told at this year's SDCC, as they were shown the early prototype.

I mean, if Nora was coming, that could only be called a 2-pack, not simply "deluxe".

Honestly, I'd like him to come with an alternate, cracked dome, and a thermos accessory for Batman. The music box/snow globe is a must, too.

I don't believe they ever got that specific. Found a couple articles from July and they just say "Batman The Animated Series Mr. Freeze."

Don't forget "cold shot" Ferris Boyle. :lol

so was in my lcs and asked bout clayface comin in, so need one. but shocked to hear its 40 bucks? and price of the reg figs have jumped up as well. news to me, no likey.

was think 30 or cface. foolish.

What . . .

Back