DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I want to like it so bad. But I coincidentally just watched that episode yesterday, and....they need a new sculptor for the line imo

holy crap dat Joker... :censored that's absolutly the most easy pass in this line for me.. I think it looks horrible... probably the most ugly figure in this line. :ohbfrank: But I repeat, no flame, it's my personal opinion :)

Yup, definitely not getting him.

I did the same thing and re-watched the episode and I agree. This figure looks nothing like the Joker and is an easy pass.

I'm not sure it's the sculpting as much as it's the paint. I bet a decent paint job could save those eyes. Won't make a difference on that flat collar though.

JokerLaffy.jpg

And if anyone's begging for more expressions, it's the Clown Prince of Crime. This set really should have come with an alternate noggin sans hat.

He looks like he has been stung by a bee on the face and has had an allergic reaction. Such a poor execution but at least it is a non essential figure.

Wondering if a head swap with the Mad Love or original release Joker might be possible? After all he was hatless as the screen cap shows...

Wondering if a head swap with the Mad Love or original release Joker might be possible? After all he was hatless as the screen cap shows...

He does wear Santa's hat in the episode. He arrives in the sleigh wearing it and then throws it in the tree behind him.

And I'm glad he was sculpted wearing it because that's how I always imagined this figure being.
A regular and plain Joker head would suck, IMO.

I'm also glad I like the figure's silly and goofy face expression. It's like he's playing with Laughy, the elf. He is even looking to Laughy. Love it.

I just don't like how thick the lipstick was painted in that particular figure in the photo posted here. Hope mine is thinner. Otherwise, I'll simply remove a bit of the paint.

Can't wait to finally own my long-awaited Holiday Joker.

Looks like it could as there is a bit of neck clear above the turtle neck sweater. Would be a big improvement HAHA

The sculpt is off but I think it is the eyes that really wreak this figure. It is emphasised by the fact that the Joker does not have eye brows so he has no shadowing around them.

Thank you, DCC, for botching that sculpt, money in my pocket

I think that beside the bad headsculpt the problem is also on the neck, to me looks too much bulky.. Idk.. I see no effort by DCC, and this really piss me off because these figure are not cheap for what we're getting. -.-

edit: I wonder if Mr. Zelu can do something for save this figure xD any idea?

LOL that Christmas Joker is the easiest pass I've ever seen. I wouldn't want it if it was offered to me for free. Him and Icons Harley should get together for ugliest figure couple lol

LOL that Christmas Joker is the easiest pass I've ever seen. I wouldn't want it if it was offered to me for free. Him and Icons Harley should get together for ugliest figure couple lol

wait, the recent DC Icons Harley Quinn? You don't like it??? not for going off topic but I love that figure xDDDD tell me why!! sorry pal, I'm courious xDD

I think that beside the bad headsculpt the problem is also on the neck, to me looks too much bulky.. Idk.. I see no effort by DCC, and this really piss me off because these figure are not cheap for what we're getting. -.-

edit: I wonder if Mr. Zelu can do something for save this figure xD any idea?

Hmmm I will get back to you when I see it in person. I think it's defo the bad paint job but I need to see the sculpt closely. Also I would rather Joker without Santa's hat :/

wait, the recent DC Icons Harley Quinn? You don't like it??? not for going off topic but I love that figure xDDDD tell me why!! sorry pal, I'm courious xDD

Haha it's cool man. I just think the face is ugly. Especially if we're comparing it to the Arkham Knight classic Harley, which is perfect imo. I really like icons Joker and AK Harley, but I think Icons Harley and AK Joker are ugly haha. AK classic Harley is probably my favorite Harley figure to date

Hmmm I will get back to you when I see it in person. I think it's defo the bad paint job but I need to see the sculpt closely. Also I would rather Joker without Santa's hat :/

Most of the problems in this line have been the paintwork rather than the acttual sculpts.

For example, the regular BTAS Joker. Although he should have more prominent cheeks, he does have them, but his lipsticks were painted so thick, one can't even notice the cheeks.
I removed a lot of the paint in that area to make it thinner and he looks, like, 10x better. Now we can see them cheeks.

It's the same case with Holiday Joker, from what I can see. I'll definitely have the lips area worked if the one I get has thick lipstick.
Not sure about the eyes, since they look right to me, as that's what this particular expression is supposed to be. This is not the regular "mean" Joker expression.

I'll be passing on this one too. I passed on Anti-Fire Suit Batman and the cloth cape figures and will be passing on the DKR 3-pack and most likely on the Expressions pack. Of all of those, this Joker is the ugliest of the bunch. Honorable mention to the Bruce Wayne head in the expressions pack.

I painting the eyebrows
20161129_155328.jpg
20161129_155336.jpg
20161129_155342.jpg

Back