DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Zelu... You, sir, is a magician. Period. Was Zatara your master? :wink1:
As always, congratulations on the amazing job!

I understand your feelings about the lack of more point of articulation. However, I've always prefered less POA for female figures for the sake of body aesthetics.
The more articulations, the more the figure looks like a toy because of the "lines".
Just take a look at Zatanna herself. Her ankles look amazing, so girlie and real. A POA there would completely ruin it.
The side articulation on her thighs is cool, but aesthetics-wise, I would rather not have it.

Great pics and poses zelu!! Awesome job with removing that peg! I see what you mean about the arms not going up in that first pic. Love the pose in the pic with Batman. Will copy for my shelf once I get mine lol

Thank you guys! photo shoot was fun :D Can't wait for Gordon and Ra's to arrive on Monday.

I understand your feelings about the lack of more point of articulation. However, I've always prefered less POA for female figures for the sake of body aesthetics.
The more articulations, the more the figure looks like a toy because of the "lines".
Just take a look at Zatanna herself. Her ankles look amazing, so girlie and real. A POA there would completely ruin it.
The side articulation on her thighs is cool, but aesthetics-wise, I would rather not have it.

sorry man but I can't agree with that... If someone doesn't like like articulation there are static figures and statues but the point of articulated action figures is to pose them in many ways.

I also collect Figuarts and this series is a perfect example of the figures with ton of articulation but high aesthetics. Most joins are well hidden and you can't even see it. (Great example would be Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Figuarts)

I love this series and I will continue to buy them BUT I wish DDC rethink how they do it as these figures could be so much fun, now they are limited. Most collectors don't pose the figures in dynamic poses cause they don't look that good! (Look the the 1st photo of Zatanna, her feet look just weird and this could have been avoided with a foot swivel)

edit:

and here is Zatanna with re sculpted top of her hair :p

Yeah, you're right, Zelu. I now see what you mean.
Indeed, if one wants zero articulations, then a statue is enough.

Yes, that SS Harley Figuart is mine. Totally getting her.

By the way, have you seen Zatanna's Diamond statue? She was revealed at SDCC. You collect these, right?

Gosh, this Zanna figure is so gorgeous, even more so than the proper Zanna on the show.
I've always prefered blondes, but I'm all down for Zanna. :lecture

By the way, have you seen Zatanna's Diamond statue? She was revealed at SDCC. You collect these, right?

Gosh, this Zanna figure is so gorgeous, even more so than the proper Zanna on the show.

What?!?! I collect some of them and I haven't seen that!!! I was just thinking I would love them to do Zatanna! Thanks for the info WGD, bout to google that **** now lol.

Brunettes 4 lyfe, btw haha

Edit: Found it. I love it as well! Especially the bat.

DST-BTAS-Zatanna-707x1024.jpg

What?!?! I collect some of them and I haven't seen that!!! I was just thinking I would love them to do Zatanna! Thanks for the info WGD, bout to google that **** now lol.

Brunettes 4 lyfe, btw haha

Edit: Found it. I love it as well! Especially the bat.

Yep, that's the one. Beautiful, huh?
Think Imma give my Zanna figure a bat or a rabbit. lol She actually pulls a rabbit outta her hat on the show, so it would be accurate. lol

Blondes 4 lyfe! :lecture
Just pictue Margot Robbie. :wink1:

Great shots as always Zelu. Going to be a great week getting this figures, they do look to be some of the best so far. As expected though I will be needed to make a new stand for her to get any interesting poses.

-I agree about the SH Figuarts Harley - that figure is a work of art and could easily be the best 6in figure I have ever seen.

WGD - I support a fellow Australian in Margot and I think she will rock as Harley (hence the new sig) but gotta say brunette all the way. Blondes are just too common in our country :rotfl

WGD - I support a fellow Australian in Margot and I think she will rock as Harley (hence the new sig) but gotta say brunette all the way. Blondes are just too common in our country :rotfl

Australian women are some of the most beautiful in the world. Delta Goodrem has to be one the most beautiful women I've ever seen. :thud:

You know of Delta???? Just so you know, that face is not 100% the work of nature. Her mum let her go under the knife at age 15!!!

Scooped Mad Love 2-Pack today. The book makes the package pretty heavy. As a set, it's a good deal. My LCS has the reissue Catwoman too!

Sent from the Bat Cave

Yeah, you're right, Zelu. I now see what you mean.
Indeed, if one wants zero articulations, then a statue is enough.

Yes, that SS Harley Figuart is mine. Totally getting her.

Thank man :):hi5:

Yes I already pre ordered Zatanna's Diamond statue - they look awesome and the price is very good. I did had to fix the faces just a bit to make them more cartoon accurate but they are pretty sweet!

Can't wait to add more BTAS figures! :D

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

what figures are on the bottom shelf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenner Customs, really nice ones :clap

Dear zelu1984, could you please post up some close-ups of the Diamond Exclusive Maquettes atop the shelf? Great custom work on the figures!

here you go buddy, let me know if that's what you need?

I don't collect statues but i couldn't resist purchase the poison ivy one, it's beauitiful... and the price was something i couldn't resist either... $16!!!

Always nice to have a another Australian on board!

Yeah I order them for pick up from Kings Comics mostly and get them on the way to work. They sell them at full price ($42) but pick up makes it cheaper than the other stores online with their shipping fees. I bought Man-Bat cheap from Harley's Hideout last year and have also bought from Popcultcha a couple of times (they have the Gordan wave in stock now).

I got Gordan and Ras cheap through a Melbourne eBay store, just hoping that I do not have to wait too long for them to arrive.

Hmmm, $42 is a bit much as I usually buy more than one at a time, however Kings is very convenient. If I buy the whole wave online I can get them for $36.99 each with free shipping.

Once the Talia wave hits the price will go up to $39.99 so I might check out some other options when that time comes. Cheers for the info tho.

FYI DCBS has Gordon and Talia supposedly shipping to me this week.

Back