DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

No, the sword is from the Designer Series Talon figure. Wish it did though :panic:

Whew. Scared me a second. I already threw the bubble away...gulp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

:horror :stake :rip

san-diego-comic-con-dc-collectibles-booth-108.jpg

Yeah :(

Actually, he says it better...

be1de02d903c44289e8da56fbcb2eda3.jpg

Lol

Hahahaha good one!

Haha so true! Shall we just call him Bruce Wiiyne from now on?

The good news might be that upon reexamining the close-ups, it simply looks like they didn't push the Bruce head down on the neckpeg far enough. Well I mean it is good at least in terms of feeling that the neck is too long. Face still sucks.

The good news might be that upon reexamining the close-ups, it simply looks like they didn't push the Bruce head down on the neckpeg far enough. Well I mean it is good at least in terms of feeling that the neck is too long. Face still sucks.

I don't know, it still looks lazy to me. A bruce wayne unmasked head would be super popular, but he needs the cowl around his neck to look like any effort has been made at all. I could easily forgo another of the heads to get the extra tooling required for the draped cowl on the cape. That would make this set a lot more appealing.

As is I guess the head could work with a suited body for regular bruce. A figure I really want as well.

SOOOO stoked for everyone who got the new figures!!! Congrats, guys!!! After a LONG wait, we deserve all of this.

Very happy that you're loving them!! They DO look great!!!

I'll have to wait two freaking months to get them. I'll travel to NYC in October and that's when I'll get all the new waves. :rotfl
Hopefully, Gordon, Bullock and Clayface waves. :pray:

Had told my cousin I couldn't find Ra's around where I live and he brought me one today :D Now all I need is Etrigan. Ra's is just as awesome as the other 2. Only gripe is his forearms pop off when trying to bend his elbow, but that's no big deal. Took some pics, even though I only have my phone and my pics suck compared to a lot of yours lol.

:sancho

Updated BTAS shelf. Not only does my camera suck, but I can't get a good pic to save my life lol

SO glad to finally have these in hand. :yess: Can't wait for Clayface!! :blissy

Just give me your display!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic:
Looks so freaking cool!!!!!!!!!!! :rock

And Ra's with the sword battling Bats just makes me wanna buy that bastart Demon! :panic:

CAN'T wait to have these new figs and, YES, Clayface and the Bullock wave!!! :blissy

About the Bruce head... I'm simply pretending it doesn't exist. :rotfl

AT LEAST, it's just a single head in a bunch of several heads. I'd be worse if it was an actual Bruce Wayne figure, IMO.

Just give me your display!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic:
Looks so freaking cool!!!!!!!!!!! :rock

And Ra's with the sword battling Bats just makes me wanna buy that bastart Demon! :panic:

CAN'T wait to have these new figs and, YES, Clayface and the Bullock wave!!! :blissy

Thanks!! You must get him! Lol

About the Bruce head... I'm simply pretending it doesn't exist. :rotfl

AT LEAST, it's just a single head in a bunch of several heads. I'd be worse if it was an actual Bruce Wayne figure, IMO.

True that. If that was on an actual Bruce fig I would be bummed. They get a lot of other characters spot on. Don't know why the MAIN character is such a problem to get right lol. Hopefully they fix it up a bit before it's released. At the very least include the white in his eyes

Hey WGD - I kept up my end of the bargain and bought this today so you have to get Ras now too.

Actually when you see how good he looks in person you will be unable to resist.

20160805_153259_zps29gvcvwa.jpg

Thanks!! You must get him! Lol

True that. If that was on an actual Bruce fig I would be bummed. They get a lot of other characters spot on. Don't know why the MAIN character is such a problem to get right lol. Hopefully they fix it up a bit before it's released. At the very least include the white in his eyes

Exactly. If it was an actual Bruce figure, I'd be sad... But I can totally live without an Umasked Batman. And, honestly, without Bruce. I believe they will give the Bruce figure a different head, one that doesn't look pissed off and, hopefully, is more accurate.

I think they got Batman's head right with the MOTP release. And now with the Face Expressions pack.
True that the Kenner head is still the #1 most accurate, but I'm happy with DCC's MOTP head and its variations.
I like the Battle Damaged head a lot.

Hey WGD - I kept up my end of the bargain and bought this today so you have to get Ras now too.

Actually when you see how good he looks in person you will be unable to resist.

https://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n309/bla79/20160805_153259_zps29gvcvwa.jpg

OH MAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! Nooooo!!!

Kidding. LMAO!!

Glad you got Zanna. Look at her. So freaking perfect.

I will get Ra's now, promise. But can I get him when DCC releases him with the green suit? :rotfl
I do believe the current one is a great figure, but I'd like to have just one Ra's and that would be him in his regular outfit, which is the green suit.

I would prefer the green suit but I think DCC revisiting him would have to be 2 - 3 years away at least. They have too many other BTAS characters, Batman/Joker variations, Justice League and maybe a Superman line of figures to get done that I actually doubt he will be done at all. I was always going to get him but I was super impressed with his head sculpt and paintwork when I saw him today.

This whole wave is such a step up on previous releases, it is like a different line. Well apart from the fact that Zatanna cannot stand to save her life. Custom stand being made for her tonight :rotfl

I don't understand why they didn't include a gas mask wearing headsculpt with the Batman set. Would be difficult to look right as a slip-on accessory.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-05 um 11.17.36.jpg
Also, I really hope they will finally correct the soles of his feet on the next Batman. They are grey, like the suit, not black.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-05 um 11.16.11.jpg
Also, this set would be the best to have Batman come with a removable utility belt and fittingly his extra bandana mask from The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-05 um 11.15.40.jpg
6nr8x3m.jpg

I don't understand why DC Collectibles would seemingly make a lot of illogical decisions when it comes to certain designs and choices of accessories. The Bruce Wayne headsculpt is a really poor effort that doesn't resemble his likeness on the show at all, and in any case should have had the folded over cowl hanging down his back, but it's not there. I don't ever suggest this, but with this line, they should really involve the fans into the process. Let them decide on a list of accessories, and facial expressions. The buyers are very much in tune with what they want out of this line.

This is such a great line but in certain things just don't add up about it. Why was Kenner able to sculpt a perfect Batman headsculpt in 1992, but DC Collectibles keeps missing the mark time and time again. Why does their TAS Joker's headsculpt look like a stylized version of the show's model when a Shampoo bottle head in the 90's captured the look perfectly? Why does their upcoming Bruce Wayne look absolutely nothing like the character on the show?

Last edited:

I don't understand why DC Collectibles would seemingly make a lot of illogical decisions when it comes to certain designs and choices of accessories. The Bruce Wayne headsculpt is a really poor effort that doesn't resemble his likeness on the show at all, and in any case should have had the folded over cowl hanging down his back, but it's not there. I don't ever suggest this, but with this line, they should really involve the fans into the process. Let them decide on a list of accessories, and facial expressions. The buyers are very much in tune with what they want out of this line.

This is such a great line but in certain things just don't add up about it. Why was Kenner able to sculpt a perfect Batman headsculpt in 1992, but DC Collectibles keeps missing the mark time and time again. Why does their TAS Joker's headsculpt look like a stylized version of the show's model when a Shampoo bottle head in the 90's captured the look perfectly? Why does their upcoming Bruce Wayne look absolutely nothing like the character on the show?

I hate saying it, but probably because this line is just a cash-grab.

Last edited:

Honestly, I'm so over this Batman head thing.
I think the MOTP head is good and so are the new Batman heads in the Expressions pack.

They might not be as perfect as the Kenner Combat Belt one, but they're a good and look like Batman.
Anyone can point out and say "that's the Batman from the 90s cartoon!".

I'd MUCH rather have this DCC Batman with this line than have the Kenner Combat Belt with that line. ANY day of the week.
The Kenner line was horrible, with only Combat Belt Batman and Harley Quinn being proper good figures.

So glad to have a company finally doing this show justice.

Back