DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Haven't seen these in stores near me, so it looks like it will be luck of the draw online ordering for me.:pray:

Thanks!

You don't need to rely on luck when getting the MOTP 2-pack online.

Go to eBay, ask a seller to confirm Batman's white teeth before buying and then buy it.

Also: the 2-pack has been on sale on most eBay sellers/stores since its release.

What´s the best version in your opinion? White teeth or non White teeth?

I prefer the teeth painted,goes with the "angry" sculpt,just my opinion.

LCS called to let me know my Catwoman came in
still waiting on TNABatman

Am I the only one question it? where are her pupils?

As mentioned it's just the flash

That's spirit Selina from when she was possessed by the ghost of the Farflung Forest and was scared silly by the visitors from outer space in birthday world, while searching for grim island, where she was able to time travel to find the loch
Hahaha
So is it safe to buy the MOTP 2 pack, or is there another re-release on the way? Are there any sets out there with Bats teeth painted in?

Any QC issues I should be aware of?

I purchased mine a while back with the teeth painted. Don't know what batch it was.

I totally forgot that I preordered Catwoman a while back from another site, so I got a second updated Catwoman comin my way.

June 1st and I'm seeing nothing. Anybody find any new products today besides Catwoman? Any signs of the Mad Love pack?

went to 2 local comic shops today. each one had a Catwoman figure. the first store's figure had derpy eyes and her cat accessory had a mold defect on it's left side. the second store's figure, had paint slop all over her face and misaligned lips, as well as, slop on her belt. DCC may have improved plastics, but their paint app QC looks like the same old story. :slap I couldn't bring myself to pay $25 for a collector figure that is not really collector quality. thus, I left them on the pegs :(

My comic stores upped the price to $28. They had the Catwoman, but I wasn't going to pay $30 after taxes for a single figure that was $24 just a couple of years ago. DCC sent me the new and improved replacement Catwoman along with Batman a couple of months ago, so that's good enough for me. I gave up on carded versions after the shoddy quality control anyway.

The prices for these figures are ridiculous. I'd rather pay $60+ on a better made import figure like SH figuarts or something. I originally planned on being a "completist" with the BTAS related stuff, but after the QC things I experienced and some of the things like Batman's head sculpts and now the price, I'm just going to buy the occasional figure I see online on sale for $17, $18 bucks.

my thoughts too DiFabio! I want to be a completist and collect this line, but DCC is making it hard with their QC. :lol I have a good majority of the vintage figures, most of which I bought as a kid, and played with for numerous hours. I also finished out the collection as an adult, and opened them all. These are over 20 years old--and no breakage nor bad paint apps. I don't get why DCC and other companies can't get it right in 2016. :slap

Sloppy paintwork is a common thing in 4", 6", 7" figures.
I've always seen and experienced this kind of thing with several companies over the years. Kenner, Mattel, NECA, Toy Biz, McFarlane etc

That's why my first choice is to buy action figures in person, so I can check it.

I don't know why people have been so demanding and harsh with this line in particular.
Of course I totally understand the complains about breakage, plastic quality etc.
But the overall quality has been improved since Wave 2 last year. OF COURSE, occasional problems still may occur, but all company experience them, even the "almighty" Hot Toys.

My point is, the way I see it, people have been really harsh with this line in particular. This is the thread with the most comments on this site (!!!!!). Like, if someone less familiar with action figures get to this board and see the comments here, they might think this line is doomed, DCC is the worst company in the market ever etc. And that's not true.

But, you know, whatever.....

And here we go again with 5+ pages about how doomed, bad, horrible and hideous this line and DCC are.

these forums are a place to talk about figures good and bad. this is my dream line, i will talk about my frustrations as will anyone else. and if i was new to action figures, i would appreciate multiple view points before purchasing. if you don't like negative posts, don't read them

I wouldn't say this is my dream line but as a Batman fan it is the best action figure line out there right now. For me its simple, it pads out the Bat universe. Goes beyond just the immediate Batfamily. We are getting bullock and gordon (wow!) and looks promising to give us grey ghost and other somewhat b-c list characters.

I'm all in. It hasn't been plain sailing, I have suffered a couple of breaks. But over all the paint has been good, the unique sculpts terrific, the Batmobile fantastic ( a 6" scaled Batmobile for ****s sake!) and up coming Batwing looks like a show stopper in anybodies collection.

Im hoping for big things at SDCC, maybe a Batcave or something of that nature. They price hike hurts but we could complain about that all day. Either buy them or don't. And if you choose not to, don't spoil it for the rest of us who are still stupid enough to buy these over priced pieces of plastic :rotfl

Dunno guys... I had Batman and Catwoman break on me right out of the blister when I bought them last year and I tossed them. It sucked, but I'm back with a small collection from the line and I'm quite happy... As for price? Guys, these are $20 or less a pop on Amazon... No need to overpay at the LCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been all in since day one. For now, my collection is complete. Although, I may have to pick and choose when it comes to these special multi-packs. I already have a Batmobile. So, I'm not getting the chromed out one. I already exchanged my unpainted-teeth MOTP pack for one with painted teeth, so that variant is gone. I may get the peg-hole-less Catwoman and Batman even though it means duplication. Same with Mad Love...

Sent from the Bat Cave

these forums are a place to talk about figures good and bad. this is my dream line, i will talk about my frustrations as will anyone else. and if i was new to action figures, i would appreciate multiple view points before purchasing. if you don't like negative posts, don't read them

Agree - nothing wrong with calling out DCC when their figures are below par. I enjoy collecting this figures and they look great together in the cabinet but yeah they are not as well painted or finished as they could be for the price point.

Being negative just for the sake of being negative is a drag, but you quickly spot who those type of people are anyway. On the other hand would be just as boring if the forum was pages of nothing but blind praise for this line too. I think we have a decent balance here.

Dunno guys... I had Batman and Catwoman break on me right out of the blister when I bought them last year and I tossed them. It sucked, but I'm back with a small collection from the line and I'm quite happy... As for price? Guys, these are $20 or less a pop on Amazon... No need to overpay at the LCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I haven't paid over $20 for a single figure yet on amazon.

Sloppy paintwork is a common thing in 4", 6", 7" figures.
I've always seen and experienced this kind of thing with several companies over the years. Kenner, Mattel, NECA, Toy Biz, McFarlane etc

That's why my first choice is to buy action figures in person, so I can check it.

I don't know why people have been so demanding and harsh with this line in particular.
Of course I totally understand the complains about breakage, plastic quality etc.
But the overall quality has been improved since Wave 2 last year. OF COURSE, occasional problems still may occur, but all company experience them, even the "almighty" Hot Toys.

My point is, the way I see it, people have been really harsh with this line in particular. This is the thread with the most comments on this site (!!!!!). Like, if someone less familiar with action figures get to this board and see the comments here, they might think this line is doomed, DCC is the worst company in the market ever etc. And that's not true.

But, you know, whatever.....

Paint slop might be common across several lines and manufacturers, but I really don't find it acceptable from any of them. At $20+ per figure, I really have a hard time accepting it. Any company that does a shoddy job deserves to be called on it. We've all given them praise when its deserved. Why shouldn't we criticize them when its deserved as well? They've done a decent job or else we wouldn't be here. Still, there a some areas for improvement and we should let them know where in order to get our full money's worth out of this line. Are people afraid they're going to read these comments and get angry and quit making these figures as a result? 🙄

Back