DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I prefer the teeth painted,goes with the "angry" sculpt,just my opinion.

I really like the look of the painted teeth. One day I will have him sitting in the Batmobile yelling at Harley.

Cheers guys! I´ll pick that one, then. Other question, is there any difference between the Ivy from the single pack and the 4 figures pack? I know we have seen just apick of the 5 figure pack, but someone mentioned that the second release Ivy has better paint, right?

I believe the Girls Night Out version of the figures will not come with any accessories other than their bases.

Cheers guys! I´ll pick that one, then. Other question, is there any difference between the Ivy from the single pack and the 4 figures pack? I know we have seen just apick of the 5 figure pack, but someone mentioned that the second release Ivy has better paint, right?
I don't think that we will be able to accurately determine that until several people actually have the set in hand. Even though it looks like they will be better, I wouldn't go by the Toy Fair pics just yet.

How comes that, when I complain about things, anyone is kicking my ass like "you can't demand much from a toy that costs 25$" and then DiFablo and others come up with THE EXACTLY SAME complaination and earns applause???

The prices for these figures are ridiculous. I'd rather pay $60+ on a better made import figure like SH figuarts or something. I originally planned on being a "completist" with the BTAS related stuff, but after the QC things I experienced and some of the things like Batman's head sculpts and now the price, I'm just going to buy the occasional figure I see online on sale for $17, $18 bucks.

MY WORDS! but I get ass kicked!

Sloppy paintwork is a common thing in 4", 6", 7" figures.
I've always seen and experienced this kind of thing with several companies over the years. Kenner, Mattel, NECA, Toy Biz, McFarlane etc

That's why my first choice is to buy action figures in person, so I can check it.

I don't know why people have been so demanding and harsh with this line in particular.
Of course I totally understand the complains about breakage, plastic quality etc.
But the overall quality has been improved since Wave 2 last year. OF COURSE, occasional problems still may occur, but all company experience them, even the "almighty" Hot Toys.

My point is, the way I see it, people have been really harsh with this line in particular. This is the thread with the most comments on this site (!!!!!). Like, if someone less familiar with action figures get to this board and see the comments here, they might think this line is doomed, DCC is the worst company in the market ever etc. And that's not true.

But, you know, whatever.....
these forums are a place to talk about figures good and bad. this is my dream line, i will talk about my frustrations as will anyone else. and if i was new to action figures, i would appreciate multiple view points before purchasing. if you don't like negative posts, don't read them

AMEN, bro!

(Okay why the F ck can I write "ass" but "D ck" get's censored? Makes no sense at all and D ck is NOT a bad word. it's a NAME! ROBIN's NAME!)

How comes that, when I complain about things, anyone is kicking my ass like "you can't demand much from a toy that costs 25$" and then DiFablo and others come up with THE EXACTLY SAME complaination and earns applause???

Frequency of negative posts? Mix of positive and negative vs all negative?

Personally I haven't found anyone over the top on this forum.

I also am still all in on this line for BTAS figures, but I dropped new adventures after wave 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opened up Scarecrow yesterday but decided to fix his face tonight. I think he looks much better and that DCC should have done this too.
061e95da945379db1deb62ea3c04ee97.jpg

What do you think?

I opened up Scarecrow yesterday but decided to fix his face tonight. I think he looks much better and that DCC should have done this too.

What do you think?

Woah! That's great!

Sent from the Bat Cave

What do you think?

WOW CaptSpock! That Scarecrow looks amazing!! You did a great job! I soooo wish DCC had painted on the shadows for his face. Did you paint with a brush or use a paint pen or a marker? I might try to replicate that as well. Man that looks great!

What do you think?
Looks amazing! :clap Definitely how the figure should've looked out of the box.

Thank you! : )
It was acrylic black paint with both a brush and a needle at times (lol) and then scraped with an x-acto knife.
Here's another shot of him in the case. Maybe you can see his little left eye detail too. ; )
9359decef8ef866518db8b76c6a0ac26.jpg

I'm not really sure why the flash made his tan below the noose line look darker than his face, but they're the same color.

You did a great improvement! That is clearly how he should have been made. If they were willing to give Joker black hair with the little green highlight they should have given scarecrow the shadows.

I love DCC and what they are doing with the line but I saw this with Mezco and hope that Mezco does BTAS and use this as blueprint

Are you kidding, how can no one see that Mezco can easily do a BTAS figure :pray:

no display yet but here's the crew now that Catwoman arrived
only waiting on TNBA:Batman (only one I'll be getting from NBA)

13344617_1216241068389071_3162513851333982345_n.jpg

no display yet but here's the crew now that Catwoman arrived
only waiting on TNBA:Batman (only one I'll be getting from NBA)

13344617_1216241068389071_3162513851333982345_n.jpg

So does that mean the CW reissue has released

So does that mean the CW reissue has released

Yezzir, mine arrived on Tuesday, people here posted that their LCS's had one, too
I'd call in advance though just to make sure

I actually ordered her at the same time as the others, I believe around September/October last year

What do you think?

You made a great job, better than DCC! Congrats! incredible that this line, some times can´t make a proper sculpt for the figures. BTW, can you take a closer look of his face? Cheers!

And regarding about what we have talked about this line, my main concern is the scale, i wished they were same kenner size.

my main concern is the scale, i wished they were same kenner size.
I wonder how many people would agree. I think I would have been alright with them being smaller but now I'm kind of used to them being 6 inches. They would have possibly been cheaper to produce as well and hopefully that lesser cost would have been passed on to us.

Not sure if this is old news but I just noticed DCBService.com has the Fabric Cape Batman & Robin 2-Pack with the Batsignal up for preorder for $47.60 and Christmas Joker for preorder for $19.04

I used them for the Batwing and Dark Knight 3-pack. With the coming price hikes I may need to look for options where I can get them discounted hah.

Not sure if this is old news but I just noticed DCBService.com has the Fabric Cape Batman & Robin 2-Pack with the Batsignal up for preorder for $47.60 and Christmas Joker for preorder for $19.04

I used them for the Batwing and Dark Knight 3-pack. With the coming price hikes I may need to look for options where I can get them discounted hah.
Thank s for the heads up, ordered the 2-pack along with Christmas joker and the arkham knight batgirl set.

I love DCC and what they are doing with the line but I saw this with Mezco and hope that Mezco does BTAS and use this as blueprint

Are you kidding, how can no one see that Mezco can easily do a BTAS figure :pray:
I'd like to see them make a Johnny Bravo with bonus Mama and Little Suzy figures.

Back