DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Has anyone been able to find any of these at there tj maxx or Ross?

Has anyone been able to find any of these at there tj maxx or Ross?

Last week I checked 4 Ross and 1 TJ Maxx,2 of the Ross both had 1 Two-Face and 1 Freeze,bad paint apps on all of them plus ugly peg holes.

Ive had that oily white dust appear on sideshow Gi Joe head sculpts.... mainly the new ones that use flesh colored plastics and therefore not painted.

SAME here, girl!! I still own almost all my childhood toys, too!

Combat Belt Batman and Two-Face were my best buddies. I would take them anywhere I'd go. So many memories.

You know Andy with Woody & Buzz from Toy Story, right? Exactly me with Batman & Two-Face.

Imma cry here.

This is me with CB Batman and Two-Face:

tumblr_m27kpcFstW1qa23xvo1_250.png

It's impressive how happy a child can be with toys.

yes I know. my Woody is Combat Belt and my Buzz is Power Vision. both are my lovies.

I was in my 20s when the BTAS figs came out unfortunately so I didn't take them anywhere!

My Batmobile has gotten some weird white stuff on it one time. Just a few little streaks in one of the creases on the side near the canopy. Couldn't figure out what it was though, or what caused it. Haven't seen any again since. I usually clean off all my **** once a month. Sometimes twice a month for the animated stuff lol

So, when I e-mailed DCC thanking them for sending me a new, fixed and improved Catwoman, I took the chance to talk about the Batmobile.

I warned them about Batmobile's two main issues: molding-process markings and fragile paintwork, then asking if they would fix those problems for the Deluxe re-release later this year. Here is what Kevin had to say:

"As for the Batmobile, it will have a similar finish to the black area. It is a more matte finish which can lead to some markings but we have the factory do their best to address it before shipping".

So, although they seem to be aware of the hideous markings, they say "the factory does their best to address it".

Seriously? I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. Looks like the Deluxe one will have the same problems. UGH

I'm sorry, guys, for still not being over it, but I CAN'T with those sinkholes on my car!!

I'll take the mold and screw seams showing over melting wheels.

The paintwork on my Batmobile is pretty stellar all around (then again, I've only opened the canopy windshields once), but my wheels are ****ed.

So, when I e-mailed DCC thanking them for sending me a new, fixed and improved Catwoman, I took the chance to talk about the Batmobile.

I warned them about Batmobile's two main issues: molding-process markings and fragile paintwork, then asking if they would fix those problems for the Deluxe re-release later this year. Here is what Kevin had to say:

"As for the Batmobile, it will have a similar finish to the black area. It is a more matte finish which can lead to some markings but we have the factory do their best to address it before shipping".

So, although they seem to be aware of the hideous markings, they say "the factory does their best to address it".

Seriously? I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. Looks like the Deluxe one will have the same problems. UGH

I'm sorry, guys, for still not being over it, but I CAN'T with those sinkholes on my car!!

That kind of stuff will happen no matter what. There's literally no way to fix it unless they actually paint the entire car, instead of molding it the color. This is very common with action figures and collectibles that aren't painted. You're just gonna have to get over it, or give it a paint job. If you can't do it, then Commission someone to do it for you :)

Last week I checked 4 Ross and 1 TJ Maxx,2 of the Ross both had 1 Two-Face and 1 Freeze,bad paint apps on all of them plus ugly peg holes.

I'll have to start checking. I'm still after Freeze and Face, and since we know they will not be getting a re-release with the peg holes fixed, I need to get them, haha.

With no new figures anytime soon I have instead been working on my display to keep things fresh. I tried to do the silhouette background but my cabinet is too small for it to look effective. So have printed out some original backgrounds from BTAS and NBA (thanks to Google and a decent printer at work) Also did one for my HT Keaton Batman on the top shelf.

I liked the clean look behind the figures I had before but think I now prefer these backgrounds a lot more.

DSC_6001_zps9szfzvls.jpg

DSC_5981_zpsuwbvllnt.jpg

DSC_5985_zpsftgzfhnh.jpg

My Kenner fill in shelf:
DSC_5999_zpslcc5zvkh.jpg

Awesome display pug205. Love the backgrounds.

This is very similar to what I have done! I will have to take some pictures of mine later today and show you. Love the backgrounds.

Love that display Pug! It seems to elegantly say, "I care enough about Batman to have a solid collection of figures; without the need of having the psychotic overkill of detolfs and toy racks Cicada has."
15e5063e480bf8df25971a9778d33259.jpg

Sent from the bat cave

I'm still after Freeze and Face, and since we know they will not be getting a re-release with the peg holes fixed, I need to get them, haha.

Where did you hear that? I've heard from a few people the whole first wave will be redone? I still need freeze, been holding off because I thought they would be reissued

Nice display pug! I've wanted an Arkham gate display for a minute. Love that Freeze fig. That was my most sought after figure as a kid. Took so long to find! Though I don't remember blue pants and sleeves. The Kenner figs seem to be in scale better. TNBA Bane is too small

Here's my current display for these. Much more to go/do.

IMG_0807.jpg

Hey, pug
can you give a closer view to Keaton? :)

Stop with the AWESOME backgrounds, guys!!! You make me wanna make some for my figures!!!!

:rotfl

Personally, I think the plastic quality used for US toys back in the 1980s and 90s was far better than the stuff used in the past 16 or so years. I have to wonder what figure prices would be today if they did use a higher grade plastic.

Is the Japanese stuff super expensive? Not counting possible import charges?

I totally agree plastic is now cheaper and way lighter than the abs stuff we get, which is good for you companies and modern toys, but using molds of items produced in the 80's do not work the way they are supposed to right now.

Lots of items produced in China are broken easier than the actual toys back in the 80's and I hate it.

Well with the dollar on a roll versus the yen, its like 5-10 bucks cheaper but import costs match back up to retail prices of you don't include taxes.

Back