DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I'm sad, guys.

I was JUST about to buy that Kenner Arkham Asylum gate to use as a background for my Villians shelf, but the thing is 9" high.
My shelf goes as high as 8 inches....

cry_smile.gif

Thanks for the comments guys - they really have brought some extra life to the figures that is for sure.

Cicada17 - it might not be multiple Delofts or shelves but my obsession will see it pretty full once DCC start shipping more BTAS figures. Plus I am planning on getting my second ever 1:6 figure (Nicholson Joker), 3 weeks after getting my first (Keaton Batman), so a second cabinet might be needed soon at this rate

Batmon85 - here is a picture of my Keaton Batman. It is the Hot Toys Batman Returns version. Took it on my phone before finishing my backgrounds, hence the average quality.

20160406_235454_zpsplsq34lq.jpg

WDG - with the Arkham Gate, I don't have one but I see it comes in three pieces, I imagine you should be able to cut it neatly at the base or take the first row of "bricks" out of the columns to bring the size down.

Ugh I want that Arkham gate too!! I never had that set as a kid. Speaking about plastic quality, does anyone remember the Street Sharks/ Extreme Dinosaur toys?? Those things were like ****in bricks lol

WDG - with the Arkham Gate, I don't have one but I see it comes in three pieces, I imagine you should be able to cut it neatly at the base or take the first row of "bricks" out of the columns to bring the size down.

I love that HT Keaton Bats! Looks awesome with the background, Pug!

Thanks for the suggestion, buddy!
But don't you think it would look a bit weird if we cut part of its base off?
I don't know, just speculating here...

I think the best thing to do would be moving the shelves. It's possible - there's room for it on my cabinet.

I'll see what I can do.

Ugh I want that Arkham gate too!! I never had that set as a kid. Speaking about plastic quality, does anyone remember the Street Sharks/ Extreme Dinosaur toys?? Those things were like ****in bricks lol

Man, I want it so bad!! Lmao

Never had it either. I remember wanting it as a kid, but the figures (Two-Face and Bats) were NBA-style, which completely turned me off. LOL
Now, I say ****** it, I'll buy the set just for the Gate, then throw the figs into storage. Lmao

It'll look absolutely great on the Villians shelf:

BatmanVsTwoFace_006.jpg

Then, on the Heroes shelf, I'll have the Bat-signal.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Cicada17 - it might not be multiple Delofts or shelves but my obsession will see it pretty full once DCC start shipping more BTAS figures. Plus I am planning on getting my second ever 1:6 figure (Nicholson Joker), 3 weeks after getting my first (Keaton Batman), so a second cabinet might be needed soon at this rate

048027302c55d759ee7bee086d0c5e7b.jpg

Keaton Batman was my first Hot Toy too! (1989 version) Jack Nicholson Joker was also my second figure! Great way for you to start your Hot Toys collection! I was told I'd go nuts after that... I said I wouldn't, but four years later, I have 44 Hot Toys, 4 Sideshow figures, and two custom figs... It's crazy! You're going to love it!

Was this Kenner Arkham Asylum gate available with a few figure sets? It looks great would like to pick one up.

Was this Kenner Arkham Asylum gate available with a few figure sets? It looks great would like to pick one up.

It was, in two "Arkham Asylum Escape" sets: one with Batman & Two-Face, and the other with 4 figures - Batman, Face, Harley and Ivy.

Any chance of them doing a "the batman" series Catwoman?

Any chance of them doing a "the batman" series Catwoman?

I doubt it. That show isn't part of the dcau, which is what they're focusing on animated wise right now. Maybe they would do some eventually. Not sure how popular that show is. I just watched it for the first time a couple years ago. It's different.. I like it though. Just nowhere near as much as anything dcau. Penguin's stumpy ass isn't meant to be a martial artist lol. My favorite character from that show was Detective Yin. Would love a figure of her and bats

Nice display pug! I've wanted an Arkham gate display for a minute. Love that Freeze fig. That was my most sought after figure as a kid. Took so long to find! Though I don't remember blue pants and sleeves. The Kenner figs seem to be in scale better. TNBA Bane is too small

DC Collectibles said themselves that they had no plans to re-release Freeze and Face. It was posted here a long time ago. If those plans have changed, well, I never saw anything on it. People have just been assuming all of wave one would be re-released, as far as I have ever read. The demand for them just isn't there.

Thanks for the suggestion, buddy!
But don't you think it would look a bit weird if we cut part of its base off?
I don't know, just speculating here...

I think the best thing to do would be moving the shelves. It's possible - there's room for it on my cabinet.

I'll see what I can do.

BatmanVsTwoFace_006.jpg

Yeah I think if you sliced it off at the first "notch" and therefore took out the bottom brick cleanly and 3 instead of 4 bricks on each side, you wouldn't really notice the difference (no one looking at your collection would that is for sure). Plus you would have the figures in front of the pillars so they would be pretty well hidden.

Cicada - damn 44 Hot Toys is crazy and impressive! I think after the Joker I will just wait for them to do the Burton Catwoman and Penguin (haha as if that will happen so that might give me an early cure). Although the Batfleck is looking the goods and is now my second favourite big screen costume.....

Hot Toys you say? so he has real textile clothes?
I have no Idea where to buy them and having a good price. A Captain Harlock HT on ebay is about 250-300€ at ebay. way too much for my wallet :(

Hot Toys you say? so he has real textile clothes?
I have no Idea where to buy them and having a good price. A Captain Harlock HT on ebay is about 250-300€ at ebay. way too much for my wallet :(
I usually get mine from Sideshowtoy.com

I think after the Joker I will just wait for them to do the Burton Catwoman and Penguin...
Although the Batfleck is looking the goods and is now my second favourite big screen costume.....
be680ed8775a2ff90b876ebd408d12a4.jpg

DC Collectibles said themselves that they had no plans to re-release Freeze and Face. It was posted here a long time ago. If those plans have changed, well, I never saw anything on it. People have just been assuming all of wave one would be re-released, as far as I have ever read. The demand for them just isn't there.

I hadn't heard that. The last I had read about it someone said they had emailed DCC and they implied that the whole wave would be reissued. I forgot what it said exactly, but it sounded promising enough to be optimistic about lol. We'll see I guess. If not I'll have to cave and order a Freeze online

I usually get mine from Sideshowtoy.com

Thanks Cicada, but I guess this is not an option for me. for stuff from outside EU, I have to pay import charges and the Hot Toys themselves are already expensive. plus it seems they don't have Harlock anymore. If I'd ever start with Hot Toys I would like to start with him.

Thanks Cicada, but I guess this is not an option for me. for stuff from outside EU, I have to pay import charges and the Hot Toys themselves are already expensive. plus it seems they don't have Harlock anymore. If I'd ever start with Hot Toys I would like to start with him.
That particular figure is pretty expensive on the secondary market. Even here in the Sideshowfreaks Marketplace, he's like $360 to $450 (just checked for you). There are sellers from the UK on this forum with great for-sale threads. I would suggest commenting in the Harlock thread something like, "Looking to buy this within the EU. PM me."
That's how I scored my Jack Sparrow. He too is like $400 to $500 on eBay, but a member here shipped a complete like-new exclusive version to me for $320.
P.S. Be sure to check the seller's feedback.

oh wow. I never expected something would be that expensive. my limits would be like 200 for an unused harlock alone or 250-300 for harlock with arcadia throne, but I guess this will never happen. but thanks for looking :)

Back