DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

If you don't like the figures, then don't buy them. If you do like the figures, then buy them. It's as simple as that. Many have said it before me, but it's true.

You can either nitpick things to death, or just appreciate what you do have. This time a few years ago we didn't have a 6" BTAS figure line at all. I for one am very grateful we do have it, and am very happy with what we're getting.

Are there things I'd change about some of them? Sure. But I don't let it eat me up. I look past the things I'd change and forget about them, and just appreciate and enjoy what we have and the good things about them.

I think this line looks fantastic, and the figures we have already are brilliant. I can't wait to add more and more to the collection.

Never have better words been spoken! I love the line and will buy them all.

If you don't like the figures, then don't buy them. If you do like the figures, then buy them. It's as simple as that. Many have said it before me, but it's true.

You can either nitpick things to death, or just appreciate what you do have. This time a few years ago we didn't have a 6" BTAS figure line at all. I for one am very grateful we do have it, and am very happy with what we're getting.

Are there things I'd change about some of them? Sure. But I don't let it eat me up. I look past the things I'd change and forget about them, and just appreciate and enjoy what we have and the good things about them.

I think this line looks fantastic, and the figures we have already are brilliant. I can't wait to add more and more to the collection.

Thank you so much for this.
May I add this to my signature forever?

This is so true that applies to anything in life.

When does the new catwoman come out? The one without the pegs in her legs?

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

December.

And I'm already planning on selling mine in order to buy the new one. :rotfl

I got the Batman. How much is the bat mobile?

US$ 100.

The only thing I hate about the new line is just the paint quality, feels like they are just hand painted rather than having the molds made from those colors

They are, at least most of the limbs anyway. For example, Batman's hands and feet are all flesh colored plastic painted black. They're really prone to paint chipping.

I personally think this line is garbage as far as loose, in person action figures go. The plastic on them is just terrible. The dull, matte paint finish on every figure, the way they scuff and get rubs super easily from simple handling, the fragile, thin joints, I just don't like them. Barely handled the Man-Bat and BTAS Batman and they have lines and blemishes on them. The figures have this dusty, chalky feel to them like they were all molded out of super sculpey and cheap vinyl or something. Their bases are crap, the scales are whacked and the way the articulation is implemented, particularly in the hips is just weird. I just can't stand em'. :lol

DCC clearly went in with good intentions, can't fault them for that. I love the balls to the wall character selection. I love the episode specific figures and the generous amount of accessories and weapons. The Batmobile is a really nice surprise. Look at SFA's awesome display how they all pop and look great lined up. I just don't think the final product is very good once you handle them in your hands. With the exception of Robin and Riddler (my favorite figures out of the bunch that I've opened, love them) I don't think the quality is there.

I'll continue to support the line, because let's face it, where else are we going to get Animated Batman figures right? This line was a dream come true and beggars can't be choosers. For me though, they're just too cheap for me to take out of the card. This goes all the way back to Wave 1 with those crap figures. DCC has been improving though, bit by bit so they're getting there.

this was quality

View attachment 223362

and what do we get nowadays?

I still have my Batman and Joker from when I first got them. They're great . . . for statues. With the exception of the weird color choice for Joker's hair (No idea why they didn't make it black with a green streak), they're nice and capture/translate the animation perfectly. I wish the Batman and Joker figures from this line looked as nice.

Last edited:

Thank you so much for this.
May I add this to my signature forever?

This is so true that applies to anything in life.

Indeed! I find myself applying a much more positive and laid back outlook to these kinds of things nowadays. It's all too easy to dive straight into the negatives instead of just focusing on the positives :)

And on the other hand if people didn't "complain", we probably wouldn't be getting batman and catwoman with the filled holes. It's one thing to appreciate what we have ( and I do) but there's also nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

I find it funny worlds greatest how irritated you were with people criticising the batman tas face when it first came out, yet you went ahead and did a paint mod yourself. Which came out nice by the way. As people get these in hand, they're going to have honest opinions. Which is more interesting for me to read then post after post of nothing but how perfect everything is especially when it's not.

Picked up the Batmobile from a local shop but haven't gotten to open it yet. Need to catch up on the rest of the figures that have released as I only have the first couple waves.

And on the other hand if people didn't "complain", we probably wouldn't be getting batman and catwoman with the filled holes. It's one thing to appreciate what we have ( and I do) but there's also nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

I find it funny worlds greatest how irritated you were with people criticising the batman tas face when it first came out, yet you went ahead and did a paint mod yourself. Which came out nice by the way. As people get these in hand, they're going to have honest opinions. Which is more interesting for me to read then post after post of nothing but how perfect everything is especially when it's not.

One thing is a constructive criticism (like DiFabio's latest, just above)...
A completely different thing is to bash the figures just because they didn't please you. Constant, repetitive bashing with no constructive opinions, only hate (plain and simple), is an annoying thing.

I was irratated, yes, because most of the criticism was simply hate - nothing more than that. No constructive comments.

And about my mod - since the beginning I made it clear here that I was planning on moding him, but was not sure at the time. Nothing wrong.

Nothing wrong with it all. Just saying you can come off just as annoying on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Seems you're only calling it hate cause you disagreed with it. The people who had critiques and negative opinions were for the most Part those of us that paid money for the figure. I think that entitles one to an opinion.

Now there it's a poster here without naming names that did constantly bash and hate without even having seen it in person, but that should be easy enough to ignore.

Last edited:

help me decide DC icon or DC animated harley queen?

i

help me decide DC icon or DC animated harley queen?

i

Hmmm, well from a collectable standpoint I'd take the animated harley because its her first appearance look! However based on the merits of the figures themselves as action figures, I'd take the Icons one because it looks to have a really awesome, more neutral (unlike the animated style) sculpt, good accessories and promising articulation. regardless Many have said that the animated harley didn't really come out too well, so heres to hoping Icons is going to fair better!

Hmmm, well from a collectable standpoint I'd take the animated harley because its her first appearance look! However based on the merits of the figures themselves as action figures, I'd take the Icons one because it looks to have a really awesome, more neutral (unlike the animated style) sculpt, good accessories and promising articulation. regardless Many have said that the animated harley didn't really come out too well, so heres to hoping Icons is going to fair better!

cool thanks. i will go for icon since it get HQ's Hammer as well =D.

I still have my Batman and Joker from when I first got them. They're great . . . for statues. With the exception of the weird color choice for Joker's hair (No idea why they didn't make it black with a green streak), they're nice and capture/translate the animation perfectly. I wish the Batman and Joker figures from this line looked as nice.

the maybe biggest shame is that we ALWAYS wanted something like these DCCs happen. Then the day has come and the figures ruin everything in the end.
I REALLY wanted to love them and I REALLY wanted to buy them, but what we got (espacially with that off-model BTAS-Batman head) is just disapointing. -.-
I wished DCC had searched for figures like those Maquettes and used them as refs for 3 dimansional animated tv show characters.
and all other critiques DiFablo mentioned. A friend of mine saw the figures only on photos and could see the low quality just at first view. That's shame!
Not even MC DONALDS Toys have that low quality and painting issues! and you come with quotes like "they cost 25$, what do you demand?"

YAY give it to them! :D

And what about that Harley?
Some of you complained about her for looking wrong and you actually complained the same way as I did with that Batman figure, but for Harley it is alright and for Batz it's not?
Harley looks WAY closer to original than Batman. I mean look at him. his chin is ROUND! His chin NEVER was round in the show! and you complain about harley being "too short" "her head is too small for the body" while compairing her with TNBA Ivy. Did someone of you EVER notice that ALL women in TNBA has unrealitic big heads in body relation? DID YOU?
plus: if you lovers wouldn't stand so closed behind "punching" critics to ground for not liking this and that, I bet more people would open their mouth!

Again sorry for translation issues!

I know people really want to love the BTAS Batman figure. He's the flagship figure of the entire line. He's the single most important figure....without him, what's the point of even collecting the others?

So it's a very big shame that for whatever reason he only looks good from the neck down. Of all the things to botch, they botched his likeness. There are a million Batman figures out there. They're all easily recognizable as Batman. This figure is obviously Batman too.

But that head is NOT Animated Batman. It's just not. It's a perfectly valid reason to be critical and disappointed. I think people want/need this figure to be good so badly that they're simply not admitting what we can all plainly see...the head is simply not good enough, and just like the leg peg holes and broken plastic on wave one, it really should be addressed in the future. DCC should issue a replacement head to everyone that purchased this toy.

But that's just yours (and others) opinion though, as we've been saying. Other people like the headsculpt, though they may not be as vocal as those that don't. I like the headsculpt. And I will have to outrightly disagree with you and say that the head IS animated Batman. Very obviously so. It might not be the look you envisioned it to be, but it's definitely BTAS Batman.

I'm not saying your opinion is unvalid, but you can't say that people who think the headsculpt is good are deluding themselves just because they want to like it. The simple fact is, they just DO like it.

Just a complement to SFA's perfect reply post:

DCC, or any other company, would never issue a replacement of the head just because, let's say, 20 people out of 100 who bought this Batman weren't pleased with its head sculpt. THAT, my friend, is delusional and even funny.
That is not a QC issue.
That is opinion. Opinion - plain and simple.

In other news,

I need the Phantasm figure in my life.

January can't come soon enough.

I was away for about 12 hours, I'm back and we are talking about Batman's head again >__<

I think we all can have an opinion good or bad and we can complain and moan about certain things (that's what the forum is for) BUT you can said it once or twice and that is ENOUGH! :D

Aaaaanyway.... Yeah that Phantasm will be awesome! I can't wait to see the figure in person! I wonder if they change the size or will she still be a bit on the taller side?

I should get my Roxy, Harley and Tim Robin next week and I can't wait! Especially for Roxy! It's strange as I wasn't even planning to get her but after seeing the photos she looks like "must have" figure to me :)

I'm planning a little surgery on Harley but I need to have the figure in hand to decide how to go about it :p

Back