DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

...ive basically been stalking this thread...
...and we only just getting the Creeper.
Sean

Creeper seems like an appropriate figure for the guy who's stalking this thread. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Just picked up my Harley at lunchtime and sadly I think it is the weakest release yet in the line. The Kenner figure was excellent and this one does not really improve on it apart from articulation. In fact it is a weaker in a few areas. Not great for a figure made nearly 20 years later.

The sculpt is a little soft, as mentioned her legs are too thin, (maybe too long?) and her waist is too thin. The red looks like it is a shade too dark and dull, and the paint lines are sloppy all round.

(This is on my work desk and the colours looks better than it does in person)

20151112_142451_zpsymzffmse.jpg

Will re judge it once it is in the display cabinet with the others but for now it is a real let down.

Doesn't look that bad, I think the eyes are lazy like CW. I think if the eyelids are painted white it will be an improvement

Harley is shorter than TNBA Ivy... that's not right :(

It's almost like they used TNBA legs with the BTAS Harley cause the top part looks great but the legs and feet looks like TNBA style...

So I read that TNBA Ivy is a clone of TAS Ivy?

Harley's review is up

This guy is annoying as hell every time but he shoots good close ups in the reviews

I'd prefer Shartimus Prime but his not up yet so

https://youtu.be/gHDGRghhQV0

WGD looks like you should be relieved, the figure is still a winner

I still think that the HS just needs the eyelids painted white to take it to the next level like WGD suggested

Zelu I think this is your next task, make it happen :wave

I have to ask, in TNBA was Ivy's head that huge? Why is the figure have a big head

Sorry I really don't watch the 4th season that much, I've streamed the TAS over six times now in the past month, but TNBA is the season I watch least

Last edited:

Zelu, I'm sorry, but both Ivy and Harley figures have the same height.

Look at their shoulders.
They match.

The problem is this Ivy's tremendous huge hair and big head.

Harley's review is up

This guy is annoying as hell every time but he shoots good close ups in the reviews

I'd prefer Shartimus Prime but his not up yet so

https://youtu.be/gHDGRghhQV0

WGD looks like you should be relieved, the figure is still a winner

I still think that the HS just needs the eyelids painted white to take it to the next level like WGD suggested

Zelu I think this is your next task, make it happen :wave

I have to ask, in TNBA was Ivy's head that huge? Why is the figure have a big head

Sorry I really don't watch the 4th season that much, I've streamed the TAS over six times now in the past month, but TNBA is the season I watch least

I'm indeed relieved after seeing more pics of Harley, guyver.
Though still afraid of getting her online. I'm in touch with my friends in NYC to see if they can get her for me in person.

Yes, defenitely: she just needs to have her eyelids painted white.
I'm already studying the region through photos to see what I'll do there.

I'm very anxious to get her.

@World'sGreatestDetective man, I love your optimism <3 I will stop now with her height and see what I can do when I get her. She still look like a great figure and I was super impressed with the photos from the show, is just that now this turned into a new project, but it's all good ^^

Did you guys see that GentleGiant is doing the original Kenner versions in 12" form

I wonder are these posable or are they statues like the Kotobukiya Super Powers versions

@World'sGreatestDetective man, I love your optimism <3 I will stop now with her height and see what I can do when I get her. She still look like a great figure and I was super impressed with the photos from the show, is just that now this turned into a new project, but it's all good ^^

Thanks, buddy!
Well, we have to be optimistic in life and see the bright side of things... :lecture
Otherwise, we'd only suffer. :dunno

Thanks, buddy!
Well, we have to be optimistic in life and see the bright side of things... :lecture
Otherwise, we'd only suffer. :dunno

WGD we're actually getting off easy for the QC issues on Harley

Over in the Neca 7" DC thread my dream of having a Christopher Reeve 7" superman are becoming a QC nightmare with breakage issues as well as paint QC being reported all over and I haven't gotten mine yet :thud:

Did you guys see that GentleGiant is doing the original Kenner versions in 12" form

I wonder are these posable or are they statues like the Kotobukiya Super Powers versions

I did see. They've announced Batman, Joker and Catwoman.

Batman looks good, since it's a bigger version of Combat Belt. I'd buy it. :lecture
But too bad they didn't give him a better cape.

Joker looks even worse than the original Kenner one... Wrong costume, wrong blue-ish face and orc-like theeth.

Catwoman... Lmao. Same neck-less figure, with that bad face and legs...

I did see. They've announced Batman, Joker and Catwoman.

Batman looks good, since it's a bigger version of Combat Belt. I'd buy it. :lecture
But too bad they didn't give him a better cape.

Joker looks even worse than the original Kenner one... Wrong costume, wrong blue-ish face and orc-like theeths

Catwoman... Lmao. Same neck-less figure, with that bad face and legs...

Would you get them if they were just statues

WGD we're actually getting off easy for the QC issues on Harley

Over in the Neca 7" DC thread my dream of having a Christopher Reeve 7" superman are becoming a QC nightmare with breakage issues as well as paint QC being reported all over and I haven't gotten mine yet :thud:

Man, Neca still has its paint QC issues? After all these years? :thud:
I used to collect Neca figures, like Pirates of the Caribbean, in the mid 2000s etc...

And that was something that would ALWAYS piss me off.

Their paint application has always killed their figures.

Look at this.

Prototype X Reality
WTF.jpg

Got Harley. Paint's not bad. A tad goofy on the area on her stomach but I'll live. Still a great figure!

CIMG3777.JPG

Hatter, Scarecrow, Nightwing and Bane should be coming out on 11/25 but I'm sure Sallah can confirm that soon :)

Man, Neca still has its paint QC issues? After all these years? :thud:
I used to collect Neca figures, like Pirates of the Caribbean, in the mid 2000s etc...

And that was something that would ALWAYS piss me off.

Their paint application has always killed their figures.

Look at this.

Prototype X Reality
View attachment 223115

What's the problem with them? they look completely the same.
(when did I hear this the last time? Ah I know. It was when I complained about the BTAS-Batman differs from Prototype!)

So I bought both the Harley and Roxy figures yesterday and I have to say, I'm really loving the Roxy figure, she looks great! Great articulation! I'm also quite pleased with the way she is sculpted and painted, lot's of detail and crisp and clean. She also feels stronger than some of the other figures, like I can pose her without worrying about limbs breaking. I've purchased every figure in the line so far but this one was a pleasant surprise. The rocket is pretty awesome too. This is definitely my favorite figure in the TNBA line so far :lol Can't wait to see which other less prominent characters get their due in this line!

View attachment 223188View attachment 223180View attachment 223183View attachment 223181View attachment 223187View attachment 223184View attachment 223185

Back