DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Then one day I got back from school and I went watching and... Where was my Batman????
This is not Batman! This is not Robin!"
I had a similar experience, although not as jarring. I used to record every episode, and I still have those VHS tapes (stored somewhere). When I heard the show was changing titles, I presumed it would just be a name change. Then, the animation change, along with the story flow, was so drastic, I was shocked and stopped recording it.
It grew on me a bit as the season progressed (I even made a custom Creeper). Still, for me personally, BTAS is the best animated show of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

son of a! :gah: local comic shop got a joker in and is holding it for me just went to get but forgot money so had a look while there and a black line for teeth on bottom row is crooked. lol. get it and repaint the tooth and line or order online and roll the dice... decisions. does look great otherwise tho!

I agree with you completely, difabio. One of the problems I had with tnba was more often than not, they used a crappy animation house. So my favorite episodes turn out to be the ones that look really good, like over the edge, that other awesome scarecrow episode, the episode with etrigan, etc. I also did like that the time line moved forward, that there was a progression with the characters (a first maybe in a kids cartoon?).

The Barbara/Bruce thing still Pisses me off to this day. It just doesn't make sense when you look at the other women in his life ( I get her maybe having a crush but that's as far as it should go) and after watching the dvd extras, timm and co. Realize it's and Basically just did to get people talkiing. Dumb. One of the best assets to batman, but he made some bad decisions here and there. Can't blame him for the "bat family" dynamic though, that was more insisted upon by kids wb to go along with the batman and robin movie being released at the same time. Luckily they didn't match the tone of the movie.

you are so funny.
you all say to me I am complaining to much because I don't like the head/face design of the BTAS Batman figure and it's JUST a TOY!

Now I say YOU are complaining too much. it's JUST an ANIMATED TV-SHOW made for little CHILDREN!
Poor kid.

When he starts continually posting about how much he hates it ad infinitum, then that argument might hold some water.

Last edited:

It's also worth noting that he is explaining his emotional reaction as a child. Not his current emotional reaction as an adult.

That is a significant difference.

- BDSM fetish gimp Bane

As my first post on this site I would ike to thank you for the S&M Bane remark. Hahaha I saw this blog on the figureline and had to join the site first so you beat me to it. I thought I was the only one who'd like to see DC Collectibles Batman TAS do Bane from the TAS ep. Bane. If batman's height is around six feet or so, he must've been eight feet tall stepping of that plane. Awesome.

Me personally, I couldn't care less about the new batman adventures in comparison to TAS. That being said I still think new adventures is cooler than everything else in the world hahahaha. Just to bad they couldn't have continued TAS and started TNBA as a separated thing.

I just hope, because some villains might look to much a-like to some creators or manufactors like perhaps Bane (one of my favs.), that they still make both. But even more so Two-face or Killer Croc (two other favourite villains of mine). About Croc, I've been reading all the pages up to this one yesterday, and some people seem to like TNBA version better. Some say because of the color. But I really like the grey skin. It kinda seems like there was some gargoyle influences there, but to a point where you could still recognise he was a crocodile man. And Face man, we need Harvey so much from TAS. With coin hands plz. ***** I would even love to buy Grace!!

I really hope they make all the figures out of both series. Oh and minor characters came up not too long ago. Love Zattanna but ones I haven't seen mentioned: Sal Valestra, Buzz (mr.) Bronski and perhaps an unmasked andrea beaumont The TAS Batcycle and batman's glider f. That would be awesome. Sorry for the long post guys but I've read so much from you guys I've been dying to say this XD.

Just got my batmobile in, and it's a lot bigger than I expected.

I got my Kenner one out and sat it next to it and it's crazy to see the size difference.

Absolutely love it. :)

True.

Speaking of which, it would have been cool if DCC gave this vehicle the '89 Batmobile gadgets and weaponry that was in the show.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The '89 Batmobile and the Animated Series Batmobile are my favorites, easily. Glad to own a proper two seater with lights and detail for both of them after all these years.

The first time you put the batteries into the Batmobile and turn the lights on in a darkened room, you are instantly a little kid again.

I'm typically a Hot Toys collector, and even with all the amazing releases from them lately, this may be my favorite purchase this year.

The first time you put the batteries into the Batmobile and turn the lights on in a darkened room, you are instantly a little kid again.

I'm typically a Hot Toys collector, and even with all the amazing releases from them lately, this may be my favorite purchase this year.

Man, TELL ME ABOUT IT.

I'll most definitely sit on the ground and play with them - and even cry.
Tears of joy.

Have both Bats and Robin sit inside the car???
Lights?
Seatbelts???

My *****ing God!!

All my life I dreamed of having a proper BTAS Batmobile and figures that look exactly like the characters on TV.

I can't even thank DCC enough for this.

Just got my BTAS Batman and Joker yesterday. Glad I got into these. I also got my pre-shipment tracking email for the Batmobile. Should get it in a couple of days.

Two of Instagram :slap

12142674_769512343177078_720499034_n.jpg

12145530_1206647296028333_1725179572_n.jpg

I do not know how they have manipulated the figures, but beware anyways

He should have no trouble sitting in the Batmobile now!

Just picked up batman, man bat and the bat mobile at my LCS for 20% off! Excited to start collecting this line. I wasn't going to get man bat because I was never a huge fan of his, but at 20% off retail, I couldn't pass it up. Looks like he's fetching double that online. Must be hard to find.

not surprised to see that. joint on mine feels uber tight like its forcing it when i lift the leg. its as if in the molding process the space for the hip to slide up and under was cut short. works but def doesnt feel smooth like when i raise the left leg etc

I've noticed something very funny about my collecting habbits lately. When I was first introduced to Batman back in the late 80's and early 90's, it was well before I learned how to read so I primarily got my batman fix through the movies, the animated series or the toys. While I bought my first batman book back in the early 1990's I really didn't start collecting batman comics until almost a decade later when I entered high school. After that point the batman I fell in love with was the late silver age/ bronze age incarnation of the character. Now it seems like since the Neca 89 figure came out along with these animated series toys, my interest in Batman has come full circle. I haven't read any of the books in a couple of years but the movie and tv versions are all I collect now.

Warning!!!

Everyone be prepared for the trolls who will come here bash Batman and DCC after these photos.

May the force be with us.

Back