DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Ok, this is the last online/Instagram shot of Batman I'm posting.
I'll only post another photo when I get mine.

Sorry for posting about him so much. :(

Batman.jpg

You can search other photos on Instagram, by using these key hashtags:
#batmantheanimatedseries
#batmananimatedseries
#batmananimated
#batmantas
#btas

There're tons of pics of the DCC TAS figures.

View attachment 218205

You can search other photos on Instagram, by using these key hashtags:
#batmantheanimatedseries
#batmananimatedseries
#batmananimated
#batmantas
#btas

There're tons of pics of the DCC TAS figures.

love it! Seriously guys pics don't do this justice, In hand he is a well designed figure even modded or not, he's still a better figure all around than the TNBA version even though the TNA version had two capes. It was poorly made despite the accurate design. You don't believe wait until you mess with both versions, you will find out how more delicate TNA bats feels.

So with those who have ordered or have TAS coming to them, just look at how marvelous it is in person and don't let modds, opinions, complainers, reviewers swade you in any direction. :lecture

Give him a chance. If you go by the above mentioned, you will be missing out

With any line there is always room for improvement. But let the chips fall where they may and give this AS bats a home in your collection. :lecture

Last edited:

No, keep them coming! That last one is a gorgeous photo. Mine should be here by Saturday! :)

Hi guys, so here's the deal: I am basically coming back from a collecting break (except from the occasional HT figure), which is why I have not been exactly keeping up with toy news. Because of a number of reasons (the plastic breakage from w1 and the fact that it included mostly TNBA designs, which I don't really like) I was waiting for the batmobile to start collecting this line (well, only BTAS figures).

Now that my batmobile preorder is in from BBTS, I need to catch up. I already have Joker and Robin on the way, Penguin, Riddler, MH and Harley preordered. So here are my questions (I am sure this has been answered in the thread but could not find it, sorry!):

I have heard that Catwoman will be reissued with new plastic, anybody knows if she will still have those ugly peg holes?
Will Man-bat be reissued (BBTS cancelled my po, as I know they did for somebody else here)?
Will Batman from the Mask of the Phantasm 2 pack be any different from the single carded BTAS Bats?

Again, sorry if this has been answered. Thanks in advance to anybody that takes the time to answer!

See you around.

The revision Catwoman will not have the ugly hip holes.

Man-Bat is not going to be reissued yet, BTAS Robin and BTAS Joker will however.

The Phantasm 2-pack Batman is different from the regular version. The difference is his headsculpt. Instead of a neutral face, he has an angry, grimace face that bears teeth.

image.jpg

Hi guys, so here's the deal: I am basically coming back from a collecting break (except from the occasional HT figure), which is why I have not been exactly keeping up with toy news. Because of a number of reasons (the plastic breakage from w1 and the fact that it included mostly TNBA designs, which I don't really like) I was waiting for the batmobile to start collecting this line (well, only BTAS figures).

Now that my batmobile preorder is in from BBTS, I need to catch up. I already have Joker and Robin on the way, Penguin, Riddler, MH and Harley preordered. So here are my questions (I am sure this has been answered in the thread but could not find it, sorry!):

I have heard that Catwoman will be reissued with new plastic, anybody knows if she will still have those ugly peg holes?
Will Man-bat be reissued (BBTS cancelled my po, as I know they did for somebody else here)?
Will Batman from the Mask of the Phantasm 2 pack be any different from the single carded BTAS Bats?

Again, sorry if this has been answered. Thanks in advance to anybody that takes the time to answer!

See you around.

I can tell you first welcome back to the horror that is called collecting

The Catwoman and TNAB Batman version will definitely have the newly designed leg system and no pin holes

See you around.

If you can i would highly suggest getting Man-Bat from Ebay, hes still available and at decent prices. Good luck man!

Whoa that was fast! Thank you all.

love it! Seriously guys pics don't do this justice, In hand he is a well designed figure even modded or not, he's still a better figure all around than the TNBA version even though the TNA version had two capes. It was poorly made despite the accurate design. You don't believe wait until you mess with both versions, you will find out how more delicate TNA bats feels.

So with those who have ordered or have TAS coming to them, just look at how marvelous it is in person and don't let modds, opinions, complainers, reviewers swade you in any direction. :lecture

Give him a chance. If you go by the above mentioned, you will be missing out

With any line there is always room for improvement. But let the chips fall where they may and give this AS bats a home in your collection. :lecture

That's so true! And applies to any collection and figure.

And it's like my parents have always told me: "excessive perfectionism can only make you unhappy and even ill."

As a kid, as much as I would play with the figures with my friends, I would still terribly bother about flaws on my figures. My dad says it started with my Scar figure from Lion King, which didn't have the claws painted black - as in the movie.
I painted the hell outta him, but of course - picture a 4 year old painting. LMAO Ruined.
They refused to give me another one.

My excessive perfectionism only got worse with the subsequent 90s figure. Modded several of my first Kenner BTAS figures and ruined most of them because of that. Same with the Mattel Disney figures from Hunchback, Hercules etc, Power Rangers figures etc.
My parents again refused to give me repeated figures after my repainting ruined them.

That taught me a lot about excessive perfectionism and made me care less about flaws in several aspects of my life, including collecting.

I started caring more about the overall figure and less about flaws with my subsequent collections in the 2000s - Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man, X-Men etc.

I'm 100% sure I'm much happier collecting now than I was as a kid - as far as perfectionism goes.
Thanks, mom and dad!

sure thing... they are making him grimly too. even more than the now released figure!!!
I HATE them for this!!!

Dude, I think you might need to lighten up a little.

If you can i would highly suggest getting Man-Bat from Ebay, hes still available and at decent prices. Good luck man!

Yeah I have been searching ebay but being from Mexico, shipping makes everything from ebay really expensive (that's why I use BBTS, the POL is a blessing for international shipping). My only other option is if amazon sells it directly at some point, but that will only happen if they indeed reissue him (hopefully they will!).

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

https://store.dreamlandcomics.com/ This is where I preordered my batmobile. Free shipping because it's over $75 ($79.96, no tax). They also have fair prices on their figs, so I threw in TAS Batman and Robin (to ride shotgun). I've spoken with this company's employees on the phone and through email. I really like their customer service. They ship tomorrow!
mobile/batman-the-animated-series-batmobile-dc-collectible-p205331.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm scheduled to get my Batmobile on Thursday, and it already seems like too long a wait.

Back