DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

All I've bought is Robin, Man-Bat, Joker, Penguin, Riddler and BTAS Batman. I'll get the Batmobile Wednesday.

I've passed on,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm looking forward to the Mad Hatter, Phantasm and Commissioner Gordon next.

All I've bought is Robin, Man-Bat, Joker, Penguin, Riddler and BTAS Batman. I'll get the Batmobile Wednesday.

I've passed on,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm looking forward to the Mad Hatter, Phantasm and Commissioner Gordon next.

"The Animated Series" team for the win!!!! :rock

"New Batman Adventures" team, however... :pfft:

Apparently not. :( I just received an email reply from DCC tonight saying:

"As for Robin and Harley- the factory working on them became delayed but we still expect them in stores before the end of the year (think around Thanksgiving/December)"

Sooo, we keep waiting then... : /

I also asked them if they could take packaged production photos of figures before release date and they said "they would consider it."

Was it Kevin Kiniry who replied you?
If yes, I would NOT trust his release dates... The poor guy replied me two weeks ago regarding release dates for TAS Batman, Riddler, Penguin and Batmobile, saying:

"Right now the Batmobile should be out in November.
The other figures (Batman, Riddler, and Penguin) are planned to be in before the end of the year but may be closer to November/December.
We had factory delays that are causing the figures to be held a few additional weeks before release".

:rotfl:lol

I think he doesn't know the release dates, as he is in the "Creative Services" department at DCC.

Sorry to keep pouring on the pics but this figure grows on me every day.

Keep them coming guyver1! :d oh and the eyes look very good bdw!

I haven't seen it in hand but the head looks pretty off model. I tried to be forgiving but the evidence is there in the pics.

Got tired of debating..Did the Eye Modd.

Tried to keep it real subtle..didn't want the eyes so exposed

Great job guyver1;) I love it! in this photo is the Batman of the animated series. It reminds me to Kenner sculpt
What used to paint? liquid paper?

Last edited:

I got my Penguin figure finally, and I absolutely love it! He's definitely my favorite figure in the line so far :D

I actually did a little mod to him too for his monocle, and I think it looks so much better than the clear on he came with. Much closer to the show look.

Fantastic job on Penguin! Looks much better! And I need those black stands! How did you attached the characters to them?

Penguin looks great!
I have bags of those stands still from BITD. Guess you would need to drill a hole in the foot of each fig for them to work.

Fantastic job on Penguin! Looks much better! And I need those black stands! How did you attached the characters to them?

Penguin looks great!
I have bags of those stands still from BITD. Guess you would need to drill a hole in the foot of each fig for them to work.

Many thanks!! :D

Yeah the black stands are the old Star Wars style ones. I think they really help make the figures look much nicer. The figures that do have peg holes already fit on them fine, but the other characters I've just put a tiny amount of blu-tac under their feet to keep them in place.

Drilling holes in their feet is a good idea though... I may look into that! :)

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Man-bat is still available at retail at fanboy collectibles. I ordered from them before Batgirl PF at retail when it was sold out at SSC great company. I ordered man bat joker robin and two face all together $105 shipped no tax

Awesome! @sfa any good place in UK to get these?

Poor Riddler was so overshadowed by Batman, that people here didn't even post a photo.

A little homage:

Riddler1.jpg
Riddler2.jpgRiddler3.jpg
Riddler4.jpg

Great job guyver1;) I love it! in this photo is the Batman of the animated series. It reminds me to Kenner sculpt
What used to paint? liquid paper?

What's with this board and "liquid paper"? haha.

Ughhhh just got my shipment email from dcbs, and I forgot to update my address so all the recent releases and two batmobiles are going to my brothers house 8.hours away

The Riddler figure is better than Batman in my opinion. Might be one of the best out of the three waves so far too. Really on model. Mad Hatter looks like he'll be the same way.

Was it Kevin Kiniry who replied you?
If yes, I would NOT trust his release dates... The poor guy replied me two weeks ago regarding release dates for TAS Batman, Riddler, Penguin and Batmobile, saying:

"Right now the Batmobile should be out in November.
The other figures (Batman, Riddler, and Penguin) are planned to be in before the end of the year but may be closer to November/December.
We had factory delays that are causing the figures to be held a few additional weeks before release".

:rotfl:lol

I think he doesn't know the release dates, as he is in the "Creative Services" department at DCC.

Yes, it was Kevin. I hope you're right. We'll all know tomorrow if Robin will be out next week or not.

No way did I use liquid paper..touch up paint and a lot of patience:lecture

Well, your patience REALLY paid off. He looks fantastic! :clap

Back