DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

She looks amazing! Can't tell at all that she used to be Catwoman.

She looks awesome! Amazing job. All you need now is the motorcycle from the episode "Batgirl Returns" for her and Catwoman to sit on. :D

Makes me want a DCC Batgirl even more now too!

Thanks guys! I'm quite happy with how she turned out! and yes sfa, motorcycle would be great for "Batgirl Returns" ^^

WOW That's the Animated batgirl i want lol take note, DC Collectibles!

Yeah looks cool, nice job.

Cheers guys for the kind words!I really appreciate that :)

I also started on BTAS Poison Ivy that I'm sculpting from scratch ^^

I updated the figure line-up image I did a while back with all the new announcements. Have to say, the BTAS line-up is looking pretty damn awesome now!
I used the measurements given in the official solicits to get an accurate as possible representation of the figure heights. (Except for the Batmobile and Roxy's rocket of course)

This is awesome. Thank you.

I picked up the first four figures a few weeks back. Despite giving Bats a nice bath in hot water before moving his ankle and knee joints, my luck ran out after moving the shoulders a bit after the figure had already cooled.

broken-batman.jpg

I got an e-mail from DC Collectibles a couple days ago, but no mention being able to get a replacement from the rumored 2nd production run made with stronger joints. Anyone else in a similar predicament?

I never bought the first run because of these breakage problems. I've pre-ordered the succeeding waves because DC Collectibles claims to have fixed these problems--but if I receive a even a single figure that breaks I'm cancelling all my pre-orders and I'm done with the line. It's ridiculous that people have to put up with this, and DC Collectibles should have announced a replacement program. I guess DC Collectibles is relying on people's good feelings toward the BTAS shows to convince them to re-buy broken figures, but I think that's outrageous. If a figure breaks it should be replaced free of charge.

Aww that sucks. I think breakage in the first series is inevetible. I only ended up with Two-Face. Hoping for TAS version down the road to replace him.

Just bought Batman and Catwoman from Amazon. Scared to open them when they come in tomorrow!

I'll only be collecting the figures from TAS. With the exception of a few great episodes, I don't really care for the new adventures.

And most of the character designs from TAS are superior anyways...

I'll only be collecting the figures from TAS. With the exception of a few great episodes, I don't really care for the new adventures.

And most of the character designs from TAS are superior anyways...

I guess I'm in the minority by actually preferring most of the TNBA designs over the BTAS ones. I was in my mid-20s when the show was relaunched as part of the New Batman/Superman Adventures and the new look really caught my eye.

While I'd always appreciated the ground-breaking work of the older series, the sleeker, more angular lines and exaggerated physiques seemed more sophisticated than what was done before. Also, the "World's Finest" and "Over The Edge" episodes are among my favorites, when the story-telling and character work took a more mature approach.

Which is why having these initial figures fall apart so easily is all the more painful for me! :gah:

Back