DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Has the original Batman figure been shown with an alternate cape yet like the New Adventures version? I don't think so, right? Has DCC stated that Batman will have an additional cape?

Personally, I'd like to see a cape that covers his whole body; particularly for the angry variant in the two-pack, as I'd love to be able to recreate that opening shot from TAS, with the cape dragging on the ground.

^He's not been shown with an alternate cape yet, and no word on an extra cape as far as I'm aware.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an alternate draped cape. Like almost completely covering the body like this:

I really really love that look and would be so happy if they gave him an alternate cape like that.

EDIT: You beat me to it Batfan! lol

It looks like Kevin Conroy is going to start doing a few Wizard World cons, I definitely want to get both Batman figures signed by him.

I'd love a draped-over cape too but worry it will look bulky like the JLI Kevin Maguire Batman figure. If the arms were removable, a more stream-lined cape could be included that conforms closer to the body.

I picked up the first four figures a few weeks back. Despite giving Bats a nice bath in hot water before moving his ankle and knee joints, my luck ran out after moving the shoulders a bit after the figure had already cooled.

View attachment 169786

I got an e-mail from DC Collectibles a couple days ago, but no mention being able to get a replacement from the rumored 2nd production run made with stronger joints. Anyone else in a similar predicament?
My first one was great, until my son fed it to the dog. The next two broke at the ankles. Sucks. Absolutely LOVE the sculpt.

Cheers guys for the kind words!I really appreciate that :)

I also started on BTAS Poison Ivy that I'm sculpting from scratch ^^

You don't even need DCC to make them for you! Awesome work.

haha Thanks SonOfHeMan! Sculpting the rest will be a pain as I never done it from scratch before..

Got my second production run Batman today from DCC today. It has hip holes, but the joints all work wonderfully even the side to side ankle joint. One difference that I noticed is that the neck peg has gone from black to grey in this version. The packaging came with instructions for how to insert the rod into the stand and it featured wave 2 figures in the instructions. There's no way of knowing if you've gotten a 2nd run figure since they are both identical in the package, but I'm happy that DCC took the time to hook me up with a replacement Batman after mine broke.

It came with a typed letter saying which joints have been fixed; basically all of them.

Hmmm... I got a replacement Batman from DCC a month or two ago that had been thoroughly checked out. Opened it up and the right ankle immediately snapped off :lol I appreciated their effort, but I'm not sure what kind of play they put the figure through as I barely touched the thing and it broke. Might have to try and track down a new version. All the other figures didn't have any issues, but Batman sure has for me.

Got my second production run Batman today from DCC today. It has hip holes, but the joints all work wonderfully even the side to side ankle joint. One difference that I noticed is that the neck peg has gone from black to grey in this version. The packaging came with instructions for how to insert the rod into the stand and it featured wave 2 figures in the instructions. There's no way of knowing if you've gotten a 2nd run figure since they are both identical in the package, but I'm happy that DCC took the time to hook me up with a replacement Batman after mine broke.

It came with a typed letter saying which joints have been fixed; basically all of them.

How did you manage to score one of these elusive 2nd production run figures? And was it sent to you in full retail packaging? My Batman also came apart on me soon after opening it up and an e-mail request to DC Collectibles for a replacement was pretty much denied. In fact, here is part of their reply:

While some people are experiencing problems, it is not to a degree where we consider the production line defective. We currently have no plans to set up an exchange plan for those who purchased the figures already.

We are not set up to replace people’s figures to the degree that a retailer can so we need to direct all issues to that avenue first. Please let us know if they aren’t able to help and then we might be able to find a replacement but that isn’t guaranteed since we don’t hold stock here in the office.

Thanks,

Kevin

Should I have said, "Pretty please" or something?

How do a 2nd run figure? I still want Catwoman.

Damn, hip holes? That's sucks! Mate you got an early 2nd run, I still have hoped for a hole-less batman

How did you manage to score one of these elusive 2nd production run figures? And was it sent to you in full retail packaging? My Batman also came apart on me soon after opening it up and an e-mail request to DC Collectibles for a replacement was pretty much denied. In fact, here is part of their reply:

Should I have said, "Pretty please" or something?

I sent them an email in early February once I read that they were offering replacements to people who told them that their figure was broken. I asked them if it was possible to get a second production run Batman, because I had read they offered someone on thefwoosh one, and I sent them picture of the broken Batman. I then got a reply that said if I had tried to get it replaced from the retailer, and I told them that I hadn't because I would most likely wind up with another defective Batman. That was when he told me to send him my address so that he could send me one in late February when they were going to get the second run of figures. To be honest I forgot all about it until I saw an email from UPS saying I had a package coming from Warner Bros.

Damn, hip holes? That's sucks! Mate you got an early 2nd run, I still have hoped for a hole-less batman

The hip holes don't bother me too much, I'm just glad I have Batman that didn't fall apart when I pulled him out of the package. If they do ever fill the hip holes in, I'll probably get one if they're clearly identified online that it's from the 2nd run.

I sent them an email in early February once I read that they were offering replacements to people who told them that their figure was broken. I asked them if it was possible to get a second production run Batman, because I had read they offered someone on thefwoosh one, and I sent them picture of the broken Batman. I then got a reply that said if I had tried to get it replaced from the retailer, and I told them that I hadn't because I would most likely wind up with another defective Batman. That was when he told me to send him my address so that he could send me one in late February when they were going to get the second run of figures. To be honest I forgot all about it until I saw an email from UPS saying I had a package coming from Warner Bros.

Ugh, your situation is almost identical to mine! I had also read a forum member on TheFwoosh saying they were able to exchange their broken Batman figure for one from a 2nd production run. I wouldn't even have known about a 2nd production had I not read that e-mail he had posted from DC Collectibles!

I'm going to try sending them another e-mail. It's ridiculous that some folks are able to exchange their figures while others are not. I also wonder if these improved figures are also getting to retailers now and how consumers can find out how to distinguish them from the initial run.

That's strange. I emailed DCC and was told the 2nd production run would be coming out around May/June. Maybe the hip holes will be filled in by then...

zelu1984 those stands are incredible how did you get those done?

Back