DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to adding some more BTAS figures to that shelf when wave 2 arrives. Looking a little too spaced out right now.

I'm pretty sure I read that Robin was going to be a touch shorter than Ivy and Catwoman. I think the girls are 5.5 and Robin is 5.25 or something like that if I remember right. I can't seem to find his solicit info right now though to be sure....

EDIT: I just found the info. Yep - Ivy is 5.5 inches and Robin is 5.25, so a touch shorter.

Is the head of barman hard to get off I want ti switch his cape. Tried heating it but it does not want to come loose I just don't want to break it.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

Is the head of batman hard to get off I want ti switch his cape. Tried heating it but it does not want to come loose I just don't want to break it.

Thanks I will try that.

I'm pretty sure I read that Robin was going to be a touch shorter than Ivy and Catwoman. I think the girls are 5.5 and Robin is 5.25 or something like that if I remember right. I can't seem to find his solicit info right now though to be sure
EDIT: I just found the info. Yep - Ivy is 5.5 inches and Robin is 5.25, so a touch shorter.

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't know that was stated. That stinks, BTAS Robin was an adult and while he was shorter than Batman, he wasn't a midget.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That stinks.

Also, Kenner Isis looks perfect on the DCC Catwoman. Good idea.

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't know that was stated. That stinks, BTAS Robin was an adult and while he was shorter than Batman, he wasn't a midget.
Yeah, I would have expected Robin to be as tall as Catwoman. He definitely wasn't a midget, and judging by some of the images you posted he really ought to be the same height as Catwoman. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable in-hand though.

Also, Kenner Isis looks perfect on the DCC Catwoman. Good idea.
Thanks! I was comparing the Kenner and DCC figures earlier and spotted that both Isis' are the same scale so I gave it a try. Surprisingly a perfect fit. I prefer the DCC head sculpt though otherwise I'd consider leaving her around Catwoman's neck.

I made a handy image showing all the figures announced so far.

Note: The sizes may not be 100% accurate. I just guesstimated based on the sizes of the wave 1 figures and the heights given in the solicits.

Man, that's an awesome photo :clap Both line look great together :bunnydanc

Difabio your collage of Animated Batman pics is exactly why I wish they added blue streaks to the TAS version batman to authenticate it more to the show :gah:

Difabio your collage of Animated Batman pics is exactly why I wish they added blue streaks to the TAS version batman to authenticate it more to the show :gah:

I think the reason they don't do it is because the blue streaks aren't always on the same area . It changes depending on the lighting or his movements. Even in one of Difabo's pics, he look completely black. However, they gave the new adventures Bat Girl the blue streaks on the cowl for some reason? So maybe they could do it :dunno

Thanks! I'm looking forward to adding some more BTAS figures to that shelf when wave 2 arrives. Looking a little too spaced out right now.

I'm pretty sure I read that Robin was going to be a touch shorter than Ivy and Catwoman. I think the girls are 5.5 and Robin is 5.25 or something like that if I remember right. I can't seem to find his solicit info right now though to be sure....

Wow! That kind of sucks to hear because it's certainly not show accurate. In BTAS **** Grayson was easily an average height man of 5'9" or 5'10". Slightly taller than Catwoman, and definitely taller than Ivy who was much shorter in the series compared to her comic book counterpart. However, I'm keeping them in the box so it probably doesn't matter.

Asking a little advice: I've got all the current line and I keep going back and forth on whether to open them. Thanks to the horrible idea with the packaging; once it's opened, that's it. I know it's a matter of opinion, just wondering what you guys have done

I've opened mine. I don't think the packaging looks that great. I do prefer the BTAS red vs the TBNA blue but I'm opening all of them. I've been fortunate to not have any break on me when opening them.

DC Collectibles just responded to my e-mail reporting my broken Batman ankles! Jim Fletcher Creative Director, Creative Services DC Entertainment says that future waves will be made from a much more durable plastic :)

Phew. Thank heavens. Have they said whether or not they'll finally do away with those clear joint's?

Just got mine in. Haven't opened them but I can see issues with the paint already. These look like they came from Mattels DCUCs factory with the shabby sloppy paint and crappy joints.

Here's to hoping I can get all the joints moving with no breaks :duff

DC Collectibles just responded to my e-mail reporting my broken Batman ankles! Jim Fletcher Creative Director, Creative Services DC Entertainment says that future waves will be made from a much more durable plastic :)
That's great news. Let's hope whatever changes they make do make a difference, and that it happens sooner rather than later.

I decided to try a quick little photoshop on Penguin. That clear monocle really throws the figure's look off. I wish they'd change it to reflect the look of the show more.

Back