DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I will be happy with the last wave announced. Anyone know if that last wave is being split as far as release dates. I noticed some places have certain figures as a February release??

This is wildly optimistic here, but is there a possibility that McFarlane designed the articulation in the final wave that DCC has solicited? [emoji1696] They're just so very different...
They don't seem that different. I think it was Gentle Giant again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You know what? All things considered: I’m okay with it. My biggest concern with this sort of corporate restructuring is and always will be how it affects the people who work there, but, when it comes to products? I love DC Collectibles; hell, I grew up with them. As a kid who hung around a comic book store, seeing DC Direct stuff at a time when the word of the day in Mass Market toys was “ice luge Batman,” their stuff blew my mind. For nostalgia’s sake, I’ll miss them, and it’s sad to see over 20 years of history fall by the wayside.

When it comes to this line, specifically, though, I feel like they’re going out on a good note. I wanted a Batcycle: we’re getting a Batcycle. I wanted Two-Face and Scarecrow: we’re getting both. I wanted the Gray Ghost: WE’RE GETTING THE GRAY ****ING GHOST. Is there a part of me that’s sad we most likely won’t see extensions of the DCAU? Absolutely. I would still kill to see Superman’s show given the same attention as this line, but they finished strong and, say what you will about their JL figures, but, at least, they got the entire main line-up out there.

This was a great line and I would love to see McFarlane pick up the pieces and create something that, at the very least, stands side-by-side with it, but I imagine they have their own ideas about where they’ll take the license and so, let’s all pour one out for the Batman Animated line: it was fun while it lasted.

it's a shame, with a few more releases this could be a near perfect line characters wise. Now for a lot of people the gcpd will be missing, and so will be characters like clock king, red claw, new adventures penguin, madhatter, bruce and **** grayson etc...

Idk how many of you are familiar with McFarlane Toys but I'm pretty sure they're gonna focus on more realistic/dark figures. They are not famous for do posable figures but mostly pre-posed figures with just some articulations... With realistic stuff they're pretty good, I have a Gears of War 4 Marcus figure that looks fantastic. But in my opinion they're very very distant from DCC and animated series style.. The most "animated" things I've saw from them is Naruto stuff and the results are very off IMHO
maxresdefault.jpg

Idk how many of you are familiar with McFarlane Toys but I'm pretty sure they're gonna focus on more realistic/dark figures. They are not famous for do posable figures but mostly pre-posed figures with just some articulations... With realistic stuff they're pretty good, I have a Gears of War 4 Marcus figure that looks fantastic. But in my opinion they're very very distant from DCC and animated series style.. The most "animated" things I've saw from them is Naruto stuff and the results are very off IMHO
View attachment 444225
Their Fortnite figures have VERY good articulation, and it's a trend they've been moving towards for some time. And no, I would expect them to continue the Animated line, either.

Their Fortnite figures have VERY good articulation, and it's a trend they've been moving towards for some time. And no, I would expect them to continue the Animated line, either.

IDK... I saw those figure and IMHO it's pretty clear they're barely trying it. The joints are even ugliest than DCC stuff, not speaking about the non functional articulations and plastic that chunk if you move it in a wrong way... In my opinion batman the animated series line by them would be a complete disaster, but hey, I would totally LOVE to be wrong about it.

it's a shame, with a few more releases this could be a near perfect line characters wise. Now for a lot of people the gcpd will be missing, and so will be characters like clock king, red claw, new adventures penguin, madhatter, bruce and **** grayson etc...

Yeah, it's too Rouge's boxset sold out. There's four villains in it. That's the main reason I stopped buying figures from this line. If they rerelease it eventually, then I'll finish the line.

Does anyone have a list of the complete TAS line? (Not NA)

Does anyone have a list of the complete TAS line? (Not NA)

Catwoman
Joker
Robin
Man-Bat
Penguin
Batman
Riddler
Harley
Mad Hatter
Mask of the Phantasm 2-pack
Madlove 2-pack
Zatanna
Jim Gordon
Ra’s Al Ghul
Talia
Harvey Bullock
The Ventriloquist
Holiday Joker
Clayface
Batgirl

Batman Expression Pack
Joker Expression Pack
Harley Expression Pack

Batmobile
Batsignal with Batman/Robin
Deluxe Batmobile/Batsignal/Batman/Robin
Batwing
Rogues Gallery 5-pack (Montoya/Bane/Ivy/Croc/Freeze)
Batcave with Alfred

Upcoming
Scarecrow
Two-Face
Grey Ghost
HARDAC
Batcycle with Batman

Cancelled
Joker Mobile

Catwoman
Joker
Robin
Man-Bat
Penguin
Batman
Riddler
Harley
Mad Hatter
Madlove 2-pack
Zatanna
Jim Gordon
Ra’s Al Ghul
Talia
Harvey Bullock
The Ventriloquist
Holiday Joker
Clayface
Batgirl

Batman Expression Pack
Joker Expression Pack
Harley Expression Pack

Batmobile
Batwing
Batcave with Alfred

Upcoming
Scarecrow
Two-Face
Grey Ghost
HARDAC
Batcycle with Batman

Cancelled
Joker Mobile

You’re amazing thank you

I do believe that what’s been last announced will be released this year and that’s it for DC Collectibles.

From then, we will have to see what McFarlane does. He did, however, say DC Comics wants him to take the momentum, so that gives me hope.
I wouldn’t say the Animated Line can’t be saved.

DC Collectibles isn't going away. They're simply going to focus on other form factors (vs those being created by Spin Master and Macfarlane). That was the idea behind the restructuring - to keep from competing with their own licensees. DC Collectibles will still continue to produce Black White, the Artist Alley series, Bombshells, etc. They may not be making action figures anymore, but they aren't going away.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Catwoman
Joker
Robin
Man-Bat
Penguin
Batman
Riddler
Harley
Mad Hatter
Madlove 2-pack
Zatanna
Jim Gordon
Ra’s Al Ghul
Talia
Harvey Bullock
The Ventriloquist
Holiday Joker
Clayface
Batgirl

Batman Expression Pack
Joker Expression Pack
Harley Expression Pack

Batmobile
Batwing
Batcave with Alfred

Upcoming
Scarecrow
Two-Face
Grey Ghost
HARDAC
Batcycle with Batman

Cancelled
Joker Mobile

Dang. I have everything listed there except the Rogues Gallery 5 pack and the Batcave.
Just looking at all of those figures I’ve collected, yet knowing I’m missing the five from Rogues Gallery, makes me feel like a jackass. I sincerely hope for a rerelease...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who don't have the Rogues Gallery set and regret not buying it, what was your main reason for not purchasing it at the time of it's release?

1: Felt it was too expensive to buy at retail price. Decided to wait until it went on sale.
2: Didn't feel it was too expensive to buy at retail, but wanted to wait until it went on sale anyway like all other BTAS figures had.
3: Couldn't afford it at time, needed to wait until had funds for it.
4: Only wanted a couple of figures from the set so too expensive for just those.
5: Decided to wait and hope they would release the figures individually.
6: Other.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who don't have the Rogues Gallery set and regret not buying it, what was your main reason for not purchasing it at the time of it's release?

1: Felt it was too expensive to buy at retail price. Decided to wait until it went on sale.
2: Didn't feel it was too expensive to buy at retail, but wanted to wait until it went on sale anyway like all other BTAS figures had.
4: Only wanted a couple of figures from the set so too expensive for just those.

1,3 and 5

Also, never cared about the female cop figure. It's funny, I have the new adventure versions, because they were released individually first. It's crazy to me, that DC collectibles skipped the original classic designs from the most popular show, over the new adventures versions. :lol No wonder DCC is on life support.

I sincerely hope for a rerelease...

I doubt it. They rereleased a few figures, but a whole set? Maybe individually....but the line seems dead, so it seems unlikely. They could release them as a subscription exclusive, like the Justice League figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC Collectibles isn't going away. They're simply going to focus on other form factors (vs those being created by Spin Master and Macfarlane). That was the idea behind the restructuring - to keep from competing with their own licensees. DC Collectibles will still continue to produce Black White, the Artist Alley series, Bombshells, etc. They may not be making action figures anymore, but they aren't going away.

In confirm of this we have some news at Toy Fair, they are presenting new stuff, and they are action figures: https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/15/...es-action-figures-from-dc-collectibles-332651
Nothing Animated Series related for the moment but I think at least we can be less worried about the last wave :) Let's hope they will post soon something about it!

6 - only started collecting this line after it sold out!

Back