DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hi...you can buy adhesive rubber strips and place them under the batcave base perimetrically so that the batcomputer remains in balance. I did so for my exposure
Thanks man, thinking about ordering it and put it in a detolf that way.
What would be ideal is to connect somehow the batwing, batmobile and batcave to the Power source and keep them like lamps a lot of time.

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

I can’t even look at my stock Ivy now after seeing your custom Ivy. It looks so freaking good!
Haha thanks! I couldn't look at her either;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I took a break on collecting this line. I checked yesterday to try and get the ones I missed. Damn, prices went up on these. I at least found joker and Harley Expressions pack for retail price or cheaper. I waited too long on the Batmobile deluxe, I have the standard release but wanted it for the batsignal and the better paint application on the batmobile. Are there plans on re releasing the sold out ones like they did with the first wave?

Thanks, yeah I saw that. I think that may be the route to go. Sucks that Hawaii doesnt apply to their standard shipping rate. I missed it when it was on sale for $99.

I just bought one from Popcultcha — I think it worked out cheaper than BBTS for me because I’m in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there plans on re releasing the sold out ones like they did with the first wave?
I certainly hope so, but no rereleases have been announced.

I just bought one from Popcultcha — I think it worked out cheaper than BBTS for me because I’m in Canada.

Thanks, I checked popcultcha and it will cost more for me as well
I certainly hope so, but no rereleases have been announced.

Oh ok, thanks. I really wanted the old Bruce set.

Got these 2 today. Harley Expressions Pack from Amazon, only $28 shipped. Jump on it if anyone needs her. Also found Batman the Complete Animated Series Deluxe Limited Edition set at Walmart for $89. How low did the set go for sale on Amazon? Still waiting for my Joker Expression Pack and Mondo 1/6 Batman.

20190123_173945.jpg

Got these 2 today. Harley Expressions Pack from Amazon, only $28 shipped. Jump on it if anyone needs her. Also found Batman the Complete Animated Series Deluxe Limited Edition set at Walmart for $89. How low did the set go for sale on Amazon? Still waiting for my Joker Expression Pack and Mondo 1/6 Batman.

View attachment 441256

I think the lowest I’ve seen the Collector’s Edition was $89.

DC reorganized their staff recently. Among the changes is that DC Collectibles team is now under the WB Toy Team. Not sure what this will mean for future releases or continuing the animated lines.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01/23/layoffs-hit-dc-comics-during-todays-restructuring/
Heeeeh... yes DC.. keep making only statues... I'm sure that will sell well...

The worst ones for me are some of the horrendous "Designer Collection"! "Designer Statue" - ***** please! Haha

As long as they don't cancel what was alrrady announced I can love with that. Off course there are many other characters I would love to buy but Scarecrow and Two Face is a must for me.

Let's see what the future will bring

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aligning DC Collectibles under WBCP makes sense. Now WBCP can structure agreements with licensors while keeping DCC in mind. This is a good thing.

My Joker Expressions pack got cancelled. Anyone know a source cheaper than $60 shipped?

The last 7 days I have spend over $100 in bidding and buying and making offers on this line ... I’m so hype ...

I really wish the make the Batman beyond bat mobile on this scale ...
45d93c4134ff38dbac3f5b66473e448e.jpg

The last 7 days I have spend over $100 in bidding and buying and making offers on this line ... I’m so hype ...

Totally with you on that one.

Heck yeah!

Looking DC Collectibles from outside I see a lot of confusion during last 2 years.

This line was under Kevin Kiniry supervision, then he left DC in Sept 2017.
After that there was a clear empty space that Jim Fletches tried to partially fill it.

So for months customers were left alone (no one answered anymore to [email protected]. Time ago was Kevin Kiniry himself to hear customers request/suggestions).

There was a lot of confusion internally in DC, and Jim Flecther saying that DC would quit from figures an stay only on statues.

After few months they finally announced few new figures for Batman TAS line.

As you remember this line was full of troubles from the beginning:

• The first 4 figures had visible pegs on legs, and they got broken easily (fixed with a reissue on year later)
  • A lot of delay, release date was never respected.
  • Batman eyes too small (Fixed with expressions pack)
  • Penguin really not similar (Eyeglass, face, no cigarette)
  • Batmobile (scratches on poor finish surface, and wheels rubber will got damaged in few weeks)
  • Joker (really not similar) (fixed with Expressions pack)
  • Christmas Joker (face not similar)
  • Zatanna (not removable hat)
  • Man bat (too dark)
  • Bruce Wayne head from Expressions Pack (really horrible)
  • Talia really not similar (Face, suit color, holster placed wrongly, different from solicits pic)
  • Clayface (out of scale)
  • Joker Expressions pack (missing Joker cards)
  • Mad Love Pack (they showed solicits pic for Mad Love pack with a BLACK TUXEDO Joker,then solicited again but with METALLIC Purple suit, and finally released it as the regular Joker, with people basically preordered a different looking item from what they got in hand)
  • Batgirl (ridicoulus hair, missing her typical accessories as Grappling Gun and Bolas)
  • Poison Ivy really not similar (Face, wrong color of the suit, and green arm cuff instead of grey)
  • Mr Freeze (Wrong colors for cylinders and gun, missing color on Nora snowglobe as shown in preorders pic)
  • To get Livewire and Supergirl you have to buy a 5-Pack with 3 figures you already have bought (Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn)
  • They raised the prices of single release (from 24.95 to 28$ per each figure), and cut back on accessories and ankle articulation

Cancelled items after solicits like:
  • Batman MOTP cape
  • Joker's car

Masterpiece with Batmobile:
They released the regular Batmobile, then after just 3 months from the original release, DC announced the Deluxe version: with shiny finish + 2 characters with soft clothes and the bat signal (In January).
So everyone who had the regular Batmobile had to sell it to get the new one with extras.
So we all go with the preorders of the Deluxe Batmobile. Is it ended? Obviously not. So after people preordered the Deluxe one, DC announced 3 months later (in May) that the extras (batsignal + 2 chars) will be sold even separately.
So customers made an "useless" preorder in January thinking that the Deluxe Batmobile set was the only way to get the Batsignal and Soft clothes characters.

So no respect at all for customers.

Figures from Animated JL only avaiable via DC Universe subscription, only in US, and came with ANY accessories at all!

Last but not the least the GCPD set! It was sold out really in about 3 months, when almost all items of this line were avaiable for years.
Even the expensive sets (Batmobile Deluxe, Batwings, Batcave) are almost all still avaiable after years from original release.

This set was released in really few units, but it wasn't announced like extra limited, or as a special edition. People thought it would be avaiable, or reissued for at least 1 year from original release. A lot of collectors have all the characters of this line and just miss this set.

No one from DC Collectibles was really in touch with customers. On FB page you CAN'T send a message. Via email no one will answer.
This is really sad in 2019.
We are in the sea with DC leading the boat, but no one knows where we are going.

As a loyal collectors of DC Animated line, I feel really abandoned. It's not fair for customers which spent a lot of money for this line (about 1300/1400 $ just for the TAS line, excluding TNBA). We deserve respect. We still don't know if there will be a plan for a re release of GCPD set, if the line will continue after August releases. Nothing and nothing.

Sorry for the outburst.

DC reorganized their staff recently. Among the changes is that DC Collectibles team is now under the WB Toy Team. Not sure what this will mean for future releases or continuing the animated lines.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01/23/layoffs-hit-dc-comics-during-todays-restructuring/
Strange, but I kind of hope this means they'll revisit classic Looney Tunes and finally make Bugs and Daffy in their iconc looks without costumes. I'd even settle for good quality statues.
And with Mattel about to lose the DC toy license at the end of the year, maybe, just maybe, they'll make some 6-inch figures from classic WB DC movies like Superman, Superman II, Batman, and Batman Returns.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back