DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Sadly people from outside Europe can't understand how difficult is our hobby in our countries xD Im from Italy and, I don't know if in Spain is different, but I didn't bought a single figure in my country xDD (actually just two, Clayface and Deluxe Batmobile Set). We do not have comics shops all around like them, and if we have them, all items are overpriced. I saw single standard releases at 40€ in the cheapest situations. 99% of my collection is from UK, thanks to eBay we can still buy them at reasonable prices. The GCPD to me was a must buy, I never trusted DCC to release them again so I've bought it when it was out at the first. I hope the ones who miss it will have another release because have no sense to see scalpers sell it at over 600$ online, that's crazy X_X
Yes, it's the same here, unless you get really lucky or you get a sale because a Shop is closing, everything is twice(or more)the price. My entire collection has come from ebay, Amazon UK and Us. Now the only piece left for me is the rogues gallery, so I keep my hope up[emoji51]

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Not me. I still need the characters from the Rogues set. I’m hoping for individual releases of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was counting them since they've already been released, but I totally understand a lot of collectors missed out. They should re-release the set at the very least. It was obviously a seller.

I did email DC to ask if they are planning a re-release, but no response from them unsuprisingly!

Why didn't people buy the Rogues set when it came out? There was plenty of notice and it wasn't hard to find.

I only started collecting this series in july last year, by which point the gallery set was already hard to find. Luckily B&M stores here in the UK have had a lot of the figures at £7.99 along with some of the 2, 3 or 4 packs at cheap prices. Most of the other figures i have picked up at local toy/collectors fairs. But the gallery set isn't showing up on the used market very frequently, same goes for clayface!

Why didn't people buy the Rogues set when it came out? There was plenty of notice and it wasn't hard to find.

There were a myriad of reasons. The price point and the fancy box coupled with the fact that these were all new figures and not everyone wanted to purchase all those characters was a sore spot among many collectors of the line, but, also? A false sense of security. At least, that’s what it was for me. There was no sense of urgency that I needed to go out and buy this set when everything else from the line could be easily attained two or three years after it had been released and there was zero indication that this set would be any different, as it wasn’t solicited as being limited or anything of the sort. Some people were holding out for single releases, others were holding out for sales; naturally, it didn’t work out that way but I see no reason why, if they have the resources, they shouldn’t profit off of the figures they’ve already developed and release these for people who missed out.

There were a myriad of reasons. The price point and the fancy box coupled with the fact that these were all new figures and not everyone wanted to purchase all those characters was a sore spot among many collectors of the line, but, also? A false sense of security. At least, that’s what it was for me. There was no sense of urgency that I needed to go out and buy this set when everything else from the line could be easily attained two or three years after it had been released and there was zero indication that this set would be any different, as it wasn’t solicited as being limited or anything of the sort. Some people were holding out for single releases, others were holding out for sales; naturally, it didn’t work out that way but I see no reason why, if they have the resources, they shouldn’t profit off of the figures they’ve already developed and release these for people who missed out.
On point!

The best Poison Ivy ever...

I was able to purchase one from the limited run. Great likeness and was a must to upgrade the DC Collectibles original release.

Wow! I didn’t know Zelu did a run of those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that Ivy run posted in this thread, or is that against forum rules or something?

I definitely would've been interested in it and assumed I would be in the know about stuff like that by following this thread...

Was that Ivy run posted in this thread, or is that against forum rules or something?

I definitely would've been interested in it and assumed I would be in the know about stuff like that by following this thread...

It was through Instagram as far as I know.

Yes, the Ivy head was only available through Zelu’s Instagram account. And it is an absolutely amazing sculpt! I was lucky enough to get one myself. Phenomenal work by Zelu!!

View attachment 440238

Hiya Guys Im still looking to buy those stands that U dont use, and are just collecting dust, I dont mind which characters they are, just simply sell me your stands, name your price, looking for around ten of them ;)

Anyone has displayed the batcave, but only the computers? How do you make it stand right? I've seen in videos that the main one has pegs to hold it to the base...

Yes, the Ivy head was only available through Zelu’s Instagram account. And it is an absolutely amazing sculpt! I was lucky enough to get one myself. Phenomenal work by Zelu!!

View attachment 440238

Thank you guys! <3

Yes, I sold Ivy through my Instagran account and the run was very limited as the cast got damaged (I'm not good at casting at all)

https://www.instagram.com/zelu1984/

I might do some more in the future but I'm not sure yet

Sadly people from outside Europe can't understand how difficult is our hobby in our countries xD Im from Italy and, I don't know if in Spain is different, but I didn't bought a single figure in my country xDD (actually just two, Clayface and Deluxe Batmobile Set). We do not have comics shops all around like them, and if we have them, all items are overpriced. I saw single standard releases at 40€ in the cheapest situations. 99% of my collection is from UK, thanks to eBay we can still buy them at reasonable prices. The GCPD to me was a must buy, I never trusted DCC to release them again so I've bought it when it was out at the first. I hope the ones who miss it will have another release because have no sense to see scalpers sell it at over 600$ online, that's crazy X_X

Germany too. Although I know a shop which sells that stuff, you won't be able to find everything that ever came out and it also is overpriced. I saw an Arkham Knight Figure line and while the other characters costed about 30€ (about 35$) Batman himself costed 100 with no comprehensible reason. Yami Yugi Figma (Yugioh!) in our Stores is 90€ while you get him at 55€ imported from Japan which (even with custom tax added) is cheaper than the one in German stores

Hiya Guys Im still looking to buy those stands that U dont use, and are just collecting dust, I dont mind which characters they are, just simply sell me your stands, name your price, looking for around ten of them ;)

Sure, I have like 19 of them and would be more than happy to give them all to you, I don't know how much I want for them just PM me what you are willing to pay.

Thank you guys! <3

Yes, I sold Ivy through my Instagran account and the run was very limited as the cast got damaged (I'm not good at casting at all)

If you end up doing another run, it would be awesome if you could post about it in this thread, as I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would be interested! Thanks in advance!

Thank you guys! <3

I can’t even look at my stock Ivy now after seeing your custom Ivy. It looks so freaking good!

Anyone has displayed the batcave, but only the computers? How do you make it stand right? I've seen in videos that the main one has pegs to hold it to the base...

Hi...you can buy adhesive rubber strips and place them under the batcave base perimetrically so that the batcomputer remains in balance. I did so for my exposure

Back