DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Ohw nice, glad that wasn't a general size indication error on amazon's. part.

I want these but $25 a piece is sort of making me hold off with other stuff I'm collecting. I feel like if I don't buy them I'll regret it at some point.

Same here. I'm sitting nervously on the fence.

I think I'll hold back on purchasing these just yet. Theres just too many stuffs that I need to secure first before moving to these.

Only thing I'm nervous about is when they release the OG TAS Batman. Because I want that thing, and a lot of generations of people do.:lol

I'm double PO'ing that thing at different places.

I somehow doubt those will be on the final figures. I've never seen DC Direct/DC Collectibles figures have those and it would seem really sloppy to leave those screws exposed like that on the final product. I'm still really stuck on the fence with these. I'm leaning towards getting them but I dunno. I wish they were closer to the $15-$20 range rather than $25 each.

Ive seen prototypee with those joint screws before, pretty sure they'll not be final.

I wanna see what the packaging looks like. We got to be close now, right?

I wanna see what the packaging looks like. We got to be close now, right?

I, too, am wondering about this. I'm praying that it's collector friendly. Though, I don't see why it wouldn't. These figures seem like they're entirely geared toward collectors, what with the removable heads, and alternate hands, and various accessories. I'm loving it.

Why would we have reason to expect anything different from the standard new white DCC boxes...?

The packaging for me will determine how I display

I hope for one of the usual DCC boxe styles, but with some BTAS art or some art deco.

And please oh please announce a Supes TAS line already.

I'm hoping these sell well enough that they start a Superman line. I'd love to see Lobo, Darkseid, Metallo, and a ton of others made at this scale.

I'm hoping these sell well enough that they start a Superman line. I'd love to see Lobo, Darkseid, Metallo, and a ton of others made at this scale.

I still have one Lobo from the JLU line MIB, it's so pretty.

It's a shame STAS never got a proper line of definitive Kenner figures like BTAS did, STAS were a hit or miss in terms of likeness and they all had weird poses.

I still have one Lobo from the JLU line MIB, it's so pretty.

It's a shame STAS never got a proper line of definitive Kenner figures like BTAS did, STAS were a hit or miss in terms of likeness and they all had weird poses.

Yeah, that's why I hope they get redone. There were some great characters in the Suoerman cartoon that rarely get made into figures that would be cool to see done well in this style.

Yup, the main reason I'll get this Batman is so I can put him with the hypothetical Superman, like in the World's Finest episodes of STAS.

Man I still remember like it was yesterday being really disappointed at how the Superman Animated figures turned out. I didn't understand why they didn't use the same formula they did for all the BTAS figures. I even bought a couple to try to get into it, and while the quality of the toys themselves was good, it was just too blah with the weird musculature and half attempt at animated likenesses. For the most part the villains were treated with more accurate sculpts, so I always liked Metallo, Bizarro Brainiac, and Darkseid (which eluded me for quite a while back then). But was just too weird an effort overall. Would have been interested to see how the planned Flash figure would have turned out, but judging by the pics of the leg tooling that's out there, it would have followed the same vein as the Superman figures and not the villains.

Back