DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I'd like to see a "Christmas with the Joker" variant of the Joker. He wouldn't be a great mainstream release, but a great exclusive.

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I'd like to see a "Christmas with the Joker" variant of the Joker. He wouldn't be a great mainstream release, but a great exclusive.

I don't know about the minority, but I actually posted about that, as well. I think it'd be awesome if they did a full blown "box set," with "Gift wrapped" Gordon, Bullock, and Gleeson figurines, an alternate "Laffy the happy elf" hand, and a Betty Blooper doll.

Can we expect to see more of these figures on the new york comic con this week??

I don't know about the minority, but I actually posted about that, as well. I think it'd be awesome if they did a full blown "box set," with "Gift wrapped" Gordon, Bullock, and Gleeson figurines, an alternate "Laffy the happy elf" hand, and a Betty Blooper doll.

Good ideas! If the gift wrapped hostages are too much, the Joker's accessories could also include his grumpy mouth puppet, and present with pie for Batman.

The grumpy mouth puppet seems like it'd be difficult to do, considering it was just Joker with a hat on his head and the camera turned upside down. Unless they just included an alternate head with the "suit" hat, and the eyes drawn on his chin.

Production samples on display, with the first look at packaging and accessories for the first wave!!!

DC Collectibles - Figures Photo Gallery

I like the waist clip on the stand, those feet are very tiny to be standing on their own. I do wish the packaging had red instead of blue for the TNBA character designs.

While I still am.very excited for these, I'm disappointed they went back to card packaging instead of the nice boxes they've been using as of late. But aside from that, call me crazy but I think the old kenner figures hit the mark closer on some aspects like Harvey's tnba face. Also not really what I had in mind for the stands.

- Hate the packaging, will open (unless BTAS packaging is different and w/ red)

- Isis the cat is a very nice touch and a homage to the Kenner line

- Love the character model sheet stands.

**** you, DC Collectibles. **** you very much. I knew there was something that'd make this too good to be true.

It's just disappointing is all. They look absolutely perfect; hell, they even added Isis to Catwoman, so I really can't figure out, for the life of me, why they'd regress, when it comes to the packaging. As jaded as it sounds, the only reason I can think of is to make more money.

And blue, blue?

Can't beat this,

image.jpg
image.jpg

So, let me ask you this, with 2-3 months until release, are these just "samples," or have they started producing these, yet. Any chance they'd change it if there was enough of an outcry?:lol

Considering it's got twist ties and UPC codes and warning labels, I'm gonna say no. :lol

image.jpg
image.jpg

Still, it's worth an outcry. At least that way, maybe we won't have to contemplate doubles for future series.:lol

A little disappointing there's no new reveals, but on a positive note it's nice to see all the accessories included with the Wave One figures.

Positives for me are:

- Isis! So glad they included her with Catwoman. She looks great too.
- Insect Body Mr. Freeze looks great.
- The translucent/flesh style plastic they use looks really good on these figures.

Negatives for me include:

- I'm not overly keen on the packaging, but I'm an opener so no big deal.
- I still don't like Batman's non-draped cape. It just looks a little weird somehow....
- I don't like the glaringly obvious joint holes at the top of the thighs.
- I hate the stands with a passion. Firstly, I don't want to see waist clips glaring at me when I look at my figures on display. I get why they did them this way, but they're just not my thing. Secondly, although I get what they were going for with the bases and it's a cool idea, they're just way too distracting from the figures.

Back