DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I look at it the same way as I'd look at Mondo selling those animated series records. They paid to license all the music, and I'm sure WB also got a cut of the profits. Plus, DC might've thought it was too niche to warrant a wide release. With physical media, they have to worry about the manufacturing of discs, cases, etc. and the costs those things entail. With what they're doing now, though; the digital format pretty much does away with all of those other factors.

I know all about the La La Land CDs. What's significant here though is that it's the first time ever the soundtracks have been released DIGITALLY.

Also, personally, I see this as the first OFFICIAL release. I mean, La La Land aren't exactly official official are they? As in, they're not endorsed by WB? They certainly don't have official WB approval or branding on their product. If they were officially licensed, wouldn't they have that?

They are official and were licensed from WB to La La Land to produce. All of the cases have WB and DC comics logos on them. They are as official as it gets. I just looked at all of mine.

^ Wow I'm surprised at that. Seems strange that WB would let another company produce them instead of selling them themselves.

Cartoon scores from the early 90s are not exactly platinum selling albums. It is a very niche market. WB doesn't want to use their resources to cater to a few thousand people, so instead they license the music to a company that does. La La Land specializes in scores. For WB it is an easy way to make money without having to actually do anything. If it wasn't for La La Land, we wouldn't have any of the music from BTAS except for the soundtrack WB released for Mask of the Phantasm.

Lala land has been in business of releasing expanded soundtracks for years and they're known for close relashionship with WB. They put out cds of other WB/DC animated films as well as expanded scores for The Matrix sequels. They're a genuine label and all their stuff is officially licensed.

I have all the lalaland sets and I might still pursue these digitally.

I have all the lalaland sets and I might still pursue these digitally.

Do you have the Star Trek TOS box set? Been contemplating it for a long time...worth the price?

No, I didn't get the Star Trek soundtrack. Sorry.

Do you have the Star Trek TOS box set? Been contemplating it for a long time...worth the price?

I purchased TOS set when they had a sale during that time. Didn't listen to alllllllllllllll of the discs but it's a great boxset.

Blah, I really want to commit to this line, but too many other interests hold me back at the moment. So tempting....

I'm getting all figures from TAS. I always wanted perfect representations of Timm's style. And I just know these will be sought after down the line.

Yeah, I can see some of these eventually going for big money on ebay once they're sold out everywhere. A good idea to get in on the ground floor with this line.

I have an almost near complete Animated Series line from the kenner days/mattel. I'm missing a few pieces which aren't to expensive but I've been too lazy to look for them. I'm definitely getting every single release from this line. I might end up getting multiple of some figures that I really end up liking.

Exactly what im thinking! I screwed myself outta hundreds of £'s with getting in late on Nolans Hot Toys series (2 Face broke my bank and my heart ha ha) and the Arkham series. Some of those - sickly Joker, Strange and Zsasz - are so high i cant justify completing the set which drives me mad ha ha!!

Blah, I really want to commit to this line, but too many other interests hold me back at the moment. So tempting....
I'm in the same boat. These are awesome, and B:TAS is one of my top 5 favorite all-time shows. But I've got no interest in displaying 6" figures, so these would just stay in a box in my closet. Probably for the best if I just cancel all my BBTS pre-orders.

Depending on how the boxes look, these might look great MOC.

I'm in the same boat. These are awesome, and B:TAS is one of my top 5 favorite all-time shows. But I've got no interest in displaying 6" figures, so these would just stay in a box in my closet. Probably for the best if I just cancel all my BBTS pre-orders.
I cancelled mine for that reason. I want them but I don't need them and I wouldn't do anything with them either

I'm setting aside two shelves in my living room for them. I mostly collect Hot Toys, but the good thing about 6" figures is that you can fit a lot of them in a pretty small space.

I think some of the people who are skipping this line purely for "but how would I display them?" reasons are going to be kicking themselves in a year or two.

I collect the arkham line because for me I thought these Batman games really really pushed the envelope for the Batman mythos as well as games based on Superheroes...

The Animated series is my childhood dream come true... and i will collect them SIMPLY because I want to be able to tell my kids years later... that is series was THE reason why their dad became a Batmaniac

The Animated Series mind you... NOTHING from the new Batman adventures... I thought the designs there were too simplified almost to fit with the Superman animated series.

I collect the arkham line because for me I thought these Batman games really really pushed the envelope for the Batman mythos as well as games based on Superheroes...

The Animated series is my childhood dream come true... and i will collect them SIMPLY because I want to be able to tell my kids years later... that is series was THE reason why their dad became a Batmaniac

The Animated Series mind you... NOTHING from the new Batman adventures... I thought the designs there were too simplified almost to fit with the Superman animated series.

How about Batman Beyond and JL/JLU? It's still canon you know.

Not about canon. A lot of the design of JLU and all was more streamlined, plus honestly the impact Batman the Animated series had was nothing to JLU which came much later. The only other animated superhero show/program that I liked even close to the Animated series experience was the Spawn animation. Plus the reason I loved Animated was also that as a self contained series it never had really conflicted with the comics. When Batman Beyond came out, I know it felt really cool with all that futuristic ideas and the Batman being a mantle instead of just Bruce Wayne. But honestly I felt it was a bit of a fan fiction. I have nothing against the JLU and all. Very enjoyable series, but the Animated Series have just too many sentiments for me.

Funny thing is it used to be telecasted just before that live action Superboy series. And I think the stark different of how engaging both were kind of affected my judgement for both characters. The first episode I ever saw of BTAS was the one where Poison Ivy was introduced.

Back