DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

For a "whako," you make some good points. ;)

For myself, I don't need more than one of each character but as sometimes necessary evils, I do appreciate some variety. The Phantasm Batman was pretty subtle. I'd have preferred the classic costume shown in the film with that pairing.

It's not even that Phantasm Batman is bad. I think he's better than single card Batman. Unfortunately single card Batman came first and was initially supposed the version that ended up with Phantasm. Which PO'd me because by the time I found out it was kind of too late to cancel my single.

If they had released Phantasm Batman as a single and the other one had never existed it would have been much cooler to see the classic suit included with Phantasm in the 2-pack although they both could have been released as singles. If it had been planned out right all that they really needed to do was new tooling for his wrist and belt. They could have probably gotten away with using the same cape and head although new versions of both would've been better. Unfortunately since the Batlogo was sculpted on his chest it couldn't have been removed as easily. But if they had just painted it on in the first place... Still it makes a nice detail on the figure(s) we did get.

Since the BTAS single carded release is available for a good deal in certain places I was wondering, is his head easily removable? I am considering ordering a second figure for the expression pack. That would up my Batman count to four BTAS figures, though. Bit crazy, but then again, nothing compared to the many Kenner variants I have. ;)

Yes I did, I had a second spare Catwoman so was deciding between unmasked Selina or Red Claw. Let's see what else they will show at NYTF! I should have some info info this week :D

Red Claw is such an iconic character from the series but I prefer a unmasked Catwoman all the way :D Can't wait to hear the news!

Since the BTAS single carded release is available for a good deal in certain places I was wondering, is his head easily removable? I am considering ordering a second figure for the expression pack. That would up my Batman count to four BTAS figures, though. Bit crazy, but then again, nothing compared to the many Kenner variants I have. ;)

Yes it is! Just need a hair dryer. Heat up the neck area for a minute then push the head to make him look up and it will pop off easly with the ball peg :D
I've did it with the Batmobile Deluxe Batman, swapped his head on the first release Batsy (which have the best body and symbol imo), then I've swapped the Phantasm 2-pack Bat-head and rubbery cape on the Batmobile Batsy (the body is the same of the Phantasm pack BUT is done with good plastic) and then swapped the regular Bat-head on the Phantasm 2-pack body (which is horrible imo because the legs are done in shiny plastic.. o_O") with cloth cape for stay in the Batmobile where no one can see his ugly/cheap plastic legs :D Yes, I know.. I'm crazy. hahahaha :D

The expressions set, Legends of the Dark Knight set, TNBA Catwoman and Riddler have 3/29 dates on toychest

ah.jpg

Awesome, I really didn't think they would be anywhere near March. Of course, this is just the first release date we've seen. We'll see what happens...
Thanks, phantasm!

Awesome, I really didn't think they would be anywhere near March. Of course, this is just the first release date we've seen. We'll see what happens...
Thanks, phantasm!

Yeaa, we'll see what happens! Hopefully it gets spread out a tiny bit more. Though I'm not getting the LOTDK pack, so I suppose it doesn't matter haha. No prob man. Guess I beat you to it this time ;p

Interesting, I guess that means they're kind of looking at those 4 releases as a wave? 3 TNBA and 1 TAS still sticks to their original model.
I won't be getting the 3pk either- no interest.
Haha yeah, I've actually tried loading that page the last few days and it kept timing out. [emoji14]

Interesting, I guess that means they're kind of looking at those 4 releases as a wave? 3 TNBA and 1 TAS still sticks to their original model.
I won't be getting the 3pk either- no interest.
Haha yeah, I've actually tried loading that page the last few days and it kept timing out. [emoji14]

I ordered the 3 pack as I have just sort of been all in... but now not sure. If they do the **** Sprang one from that same episode I will be a little happier with it I think.

I wonder how this expressions pack looks in the final work.

Seriously tempted to pick up the batmobile pack with the batman and robin figs and the bat signal.

If you find a good deal get it, I've passed the first Batmobile release and got this set in the black friday time. Is pretty awesome, have two solid figures, accesories and a great bonus (Batsignal). The metallic paint really make difference on the signal and the car details imo

I keep checking Amazon for a good deal on the Deluxe Batmobile set. It's pretty tempting when it dips below $130.00. (And it has many times.)

Where I can find a complete ceck list?

Thanks to Zelu, who's at Nuremberg Toy Fair today, we've got our first look at the Girls Night Out final boxed set. Ivy, Batgirl, and Harley look identical to their individual counterparts to me.

(Zelu doesn't have access to his PC at the moment so he's happy for me to post these pics) :)

Thanks to Zelu, who's at Nuremberg Toy Fair today, we've got our first look at the Girls Night Out final boxed set. Ivy, Batgirl, and Harley look identical to their individual counterparts to me.
IMG_3625_zpsnh5me65h.jpg

Thanks guys :)
Why does Batgirl have her legs crossed? Lol

Thanks guys :)
Why does Batgirl have her legs crossed? Lol

LOL I can't see the wires that usually secure the figures. I guess they just putted the figures in the box quickly and without care to break them xDDD
Thanks for the report SFA! hahaha we can have even exclusive previews on this forum! Awesome :D

Dunno if it's just the pose or what but Supergirl seems to have a leg longer than the other xDD probably is just the articulation bended.. (guessing she have one, of course xD) we're gonna see xD I just hope they will show more interesting stuff :)

Oh, last thing I've noticed, the box say 20 pieces. So this mean no accesories, only figures and stand... -.-""

Back