DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

At least they're not blind-bagged.

I understand the angst regarding buying figures you never wanted but we're talking about characters that have some dubious sell-through at retail. Apparently there are plenty of Mr. Freeze figures out there or Amazon wouldn't be trying to get rid of them for $13.19 each. Ivy is still sitting pretty at $16.59 while Croc – essentially a 2-pack – is $17.36. Bane commands slightly more at $18.62. These are all the same characters that are being offered in the 5-pack and are all going for significantly less than their original $25 MSRP.

That tells me that future production numbers are going to be lower, which means costs increase. So even if these figures were sold individually, they'd probably be well over the current $28 MSRP. Yes, this set "forces" collectors to buy a whole set, kind of like forcing consumers to buy an entire assortment, but it guarantees sales for the manufacturer and the retailers.

In my recent experience, when I was "forced" into buying an assortment of 18 blind-bagged figures just to get the 8 I wanted, I split the cost with other collectors. I'd do the same here if I didn't happen to want all of these characters. As it is, I'm happy I can actually go to my LCS knowing they can order ONE set for me without having to order an entire case and get stuck with as many Poison Ivy figures as they currently have Zatanna figures.

All that said, DCC better have a working prototype of this 5-pack that friggin' WOWS collectors or they won't get the presales they need to justify going into production.

Kinda off topic, but still...

WHY

View attachment 318641

WHY they keep me wanting more and more BTAS merchandise stuff??????
:panic::panic::panic::panic:
My bedroom is virtually full already.
I have everything BTAS-related, including freaking keychains and straws. CHRIST

Damn, more already?! There went my prediction of not getting any new BTAS pops for a while lol

At least they're not blind-bagged.

I understand the angst regarding buying figures you never wanted but we're talking about characters that have some dubious sell-through at retail. Apparently there are plenty of Mr. Freeze figures out there or Amazon wouldn't be trying to get rid of them for $13.19 each. Ivy is still sitting pretty at $16.59 while Croc – essentially a 2-pack – is $17.36. Bane commands slightly more at $18.62. These are all the same characters that are being offered in the 5-pack and are all going for significantly less than their original $25 MSRP.

That tells me that future production numbers are going to be lower, which means costs increase. So even if these figures were sold individually, they'd probably be well over the current $28 MSRP. Yes, this set "forces" collectors to buy a whole set, kind of like forcing consumers to buy an entire assortment, but it guarantees sales for the manufacturer and the retailers.

In my recent experience, when I was "forced" into buying an assortment of 18 blind-bagged figures just to get the 8 I wanted, I split the cost with other collectors. I'd do the same here if I didn't happen to want all of these characters. As it is, I'm happy I can actually go to my LCS knowing they can order ONE set for me without having to order an entire case and get stuck with as many Poison Ivy figures as they currently have Zatanna figures.

All that said, DCC better have a working prototype of this 5-pack that friggin' WOWS collectors or they won't get the presales they need to justify going into production.

So according to all that, DCC decided to package 4 characters that were already hard sellers at their original price individually into one expensive and overpriced 5-pack with another arguably less popular character and expect it to sell better? I'm not seeing the logic.

Here's an interesting update for the August 2017 solicitation of the GCPD Rogue's Gallery 5-pack:

A lone cop—Renee Montoya—is surrounded by some of Gotham City’s greatest evildoers in this amazing new action figure 5-pack inspired by Batman: The Animated Series that comes in deluxe packaging with battery-powered lights! Each figure in this set comes with its own character-specific accessories and extra hands.
$175.00 US • AUGUST 2017
Allocations May Occur • Batteries not included

"Batteries not included?"

This almost leads me to believe we're getting a display-worthy diorama, something more than printed cardboard since this is the way the vehicles were offered (sans batteries). Otherwise there's no point in having "light-up packaging" if the packaging doesn't light-up at retail.

Chances are what we see in the image will be put into a slipcase to protect the "packaging" and then a separate corrugate box for shipping, hence the extra $35. I'd love something in molded plastic but at this point I have no idea what exactly to expect.

Wish I can be so positive... :) All I can see there is a super expensive CARDBOARD box with led (probably). Batteries or not :D no way will worth that price imo

Wish I can be so positive... :) All I can see there is a super expensive CARDBOARD box with led (probably). Batteries or not :D no way will worth that price imo

$175 MSRP and they can't even include batteries. Ugh

$175 MSRP and they can't even include batteries. Ugh

batteries are the new gold! :D
But seriously, sometimes companies mess it up with batteries included so I can understand the point. :) The 175$ MSRP is more difficult to understand... :D For that price should have special accesories for each characters (ice effect for Freeze, plants for Ivy..) But no, for what we saw 175$ is too much. I'm not gonna take it. Gonna buy them loose on eBay.

As much as I will never agree with multi-packs, at this point, just fix Ivy. Seriously, I take the pack, but fix Ivy.

Multi-packs are the worst idea ever. Forcing people to buy what they don't want. What a disrespect.

I never wanted a Montoya figure, but I'll have to buy her because I want the 4 villians. Lucky for me, this pack is still worth it, as it's a 4/5 win.
But what about those collectors who only want 1 or 2 of these figs?
What if the next pack comes with 4 ridiculous lesser-known characters and an Alfred figure?

Multi-packs can only favor retailers owners and selfish completists.
Of course you can be a completist, but just don't wish for or support multi-packs. Think about others who don't buy all the figures.

Or just flog the figs that you don't want on ebay.......I bet very single one of those figures will be sought after.

Or just don't buy the set and buy them individually overpriced on ebay.

Well I won't be buying batteries for some box that'll be in the trash 24hours after I buy the set.

Kinda off topic, but still...

WHY

View attachment 318641

WHY they keep me wanting more and more BTAS merchandise stuff??????
:panic::panic::panic::panic:
My bedroom is virtually full already.
I have everything BTAS-related, including freaking keychains and straws. CHRIST

I hate POPs but I think I will pick up these as well! WGD can you post the photos of you BTAS collection?! I wanna see all the goodies :D

Or just flog the figs that you don't want on ebay.......I bet very single one of those figures will be sought after.

Or just don't buy the set and buy them individually overpriced on ebay.

That's my strategy, but trust me, if you're patient you never pay overpriced stuff on eBay. :D Just need time and patience. At least that's my experience xD Saw an Etrigan at 16$+ship the day after the set came out, was just tagged bad and no-one saw it :D That's a good example of honest price on a loose figure I think :) Of course in the future there will be people that will put Freeze or Bane at 45$ xDDDD

batteries are the new gold! :D
But seriously, sometimes companies mess it up with batteries included so I can understand the point. :) The 175$ MSRP is more difficult to understand... :D For that price should have special accesories for each characters (ice effect for Freeze, plants for Ivy..) But no, for what we saw 175$ is too much. I'm not gonna take it. Gonna buy them loose on eBay.

I understand the point about batteries. Basically if you include the batteries in any product you need to acquire a different safety certificate and this is very expensive. If they would include the batteries the price would go way up and you can buy the batteries for 1-2 usd.

I understand the point about batteries. Basically if you include the batteries in any product you need to acquire a different safety certificate and this is very expensive. If they would include the batteries the price would go way up and you can buy the batteries for 1-2 usd.
The whole point is kind of moot for me. Like I said the box is pretty much trash to me unless it is something plastic and non-cardboard. Which I almost hope it isn't because I'm not likely to use it either way plus I gotta find a place to store it.

I'm really more concerned about Ivy's hair and Croc's ab crunch. I'd like to see both fixed before release. Other than those 2 things I'm fine with this pack on it's own and hopefully DCBS will have a good price on it.

I hate POPs but I think I will pick up these as well! WGD can you post the photos of you BTAS collection?! I wanna see all the goodies :D

I hate POPs too, man! But these BTAS POPs are too cute to resist. I've been talking to phantasm here about getting or not these. I still haven't gotten any, because I know if I get one, I'll "have to" get all characters I like, as I'm too compulsive when it comes to BTAS. phantasm already got all series 1, though. :rotfl

Wow! That's one difficult task you asked me. Things are well spread out over here. I'll see what I can do.

This is probably a long shot but does anybody here have these in a good condition and would like to sell them for a reasonable price? They will be looked after in a good home ;)

I may get the Clayface POP just because a morphing character like that lends itself well to multiple sizes.

I may even add this to my collection:

BatgirlTNBAPVC.jpg

And I'm eagerly awaiting a Clayface from DST just to see how big it is. :D

This is probably a long shot but does anybody here have these in a good condition and would like to sell them for a reasonable price? They will be looked after in a good home ;)

I don't have any, but that BTAS Batgirl statue is pretty easy to find.

And WTF Ivy? Another Ivy merchanside with wrong colors. :mad:
Poor girl

I hate POPs too, man! But these BTAS POPs are too cute to resist. I've been talking to phantasm here about getting or not these. I still haven't gotten any, because I know if I get one, I'll "have to" get all characters I like, as I'm too compulsive when it comes to BTAS. phantasm already got all series 1, though. :rotfl

Wow! That's one difficult task you asked me. Things are well spread out over here. I'll see what I can do.

I'm telling you guys, if you buy any Pops, you're not going to be able to stop lol. I used to hate Pops too, then I bought one for the hell of it like 6 months ago and now I have like 60 of the damn things :panic:

Who did these statues, and when did they come out? Never seen those, but I really like that Harley on the cards! Batgirl is cool too, but I think Diamond did the other characters better, from the looks of that pic. Can't wait for the Black Canary and Huntress statues!

Pop Vinyls will be a bigger environmental issue than water bottles in years to come :rotfl

All I see when I see them pilled up high in the stores is future landfill as the fad must be nearly at breaking point.

Those pops look nice but i'd prefer vinyls from the loyal subjects.

Back