DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Playboy what stands are you using to stand them on? Like the figures in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated my collection with the latest wave. Still need to get my Gotham City background printed and make up stand decals for the rest. Running out of space in this version of the display.

batman1.jpg
batman2.jpg
batman3.jpg
batman4.jpg

Playboy what stands are you using to stand them on? Like the figures in the back.

They're just generic 1/6 figure stands that I bought from a store. Not even sure what they're called as they just came in a white box with no labels or anything. But the store is called Echo Base Toys,https://www.echobasetoys.com/index.html You can try calling them and ask.

"Wanna know how I got this new mean look on my face?"

Holiday Joker.JPGHolidayJoker2.jpg

"My father was--" LMAO, kidding

First custom of 2017!

My Holiday Joker's right foot and two pair of hands broke as soon as I tried to pose him for the first time. Talk about stiff joints.
I e-mailed DCC and Kevin sent me a brand new one pretty quickly. Got him in time for Christmas.
Best. Customer. Service. On. Earth.

So, I ended up having a spare Holiday Joker, just as I have a spare regular Joker. And I thought: "how would the regular head look with Santa hat on"?
I wanted Holiday Joker to also have the classic Joker "mean" look, BUT with Santa hat. You can't have a Christmas Joker without the Santa hat.

So I first measured the size of both heads (shape and such), to picture if the hat would fit it. Turns out they have the exact same shape. Done!

I removed the Santa hat off of the Holiday head (it's an actual hat, with a hole inside). Then, cut off the top of the regular head. And finally glued the hat.

Now I have the Christmas Joker I ever wanted.

Thank you guys! Yes she does look ok, still tiny bit too tall but in scale:)

Keep in mind that Catwoman is an inch shorter than Talia. That and Catwoman is wearing flats while Talia's sporting heels. You know, for further justification. ;)

I LOVE IT WGD!!! You did an AMAZING job!

Could you email that to Kevin so they can see that for a possible Joker Expression pack? I mean, I can tolerate the current head design, but after seeing yours, I'm all for a change!!!

Without getting political, #MAKECHRISTMASJOKERGREATAGAIN

View attachment 314054View attachment 314056

First custom of 2017!

My Holiday Joker's right foot and two pair of hands broke as soon as I tried to pose him for the first time. Talk about stiff joints.
I e-mailed DCC and Kevin sent me a brand new one pretty quickly. Got him in time for Christmas.

So, I ended up having a spare Holiday Joker, just as I have a spare regular Joker. And I thought: "how would the regular head look with Santa hat on"?
I wanted Holiday Joker to also have the classic Joker "mean" look, BUT with Santa hat. You can't have a Christmas Joker without the Santa hat.

So I first measured the size of both heads (shape and such), to picture if the hat would fit it. Turns out they have the exact same shape. Done!

I removed the Santa hat off of the Holiday head (it's an actual hat, with a hole inside). Then, cut off the top of the regular head. And finally glued the hat.

I would have bought it if it came like that
good job man

WGD, that is an amazing job you did on the Christmas Joker! He looks great!

@spiderbo- I found out the name of the stand. It's called Kaiser doll stand #2175

First custom of 2017!

Well done buddy! This looks way better!

First custom of 2017!

May I just say, that's ****ing sensational. Somehow even the regular Joker head looks better as Christmas Joker than it did in the purple suit. Well done, sir!

First custom of 2017!

Wow man, that look so much way very much super better! DCC failed twice with that Joker xDDD They had the best cheap solution already, but not took the advantage wasting time and money on a bad sculpt... xD Well done pal :D

Guys, a question. I want to purchase the mad love set but some sellers mention they have a second edition set, is there just want edition, right? Cheers

Guys, a question. I want to purchase the mad love set but some sellers mention they have a second edition set, is there just want edition, right? Cheers

yes, they announced the one with shiny Harley and black tux Joker but it was never released (some stores call it CANCELLED set) but there was only one Mad Love pack with "normal" Joker and red nite gown Harl :)

I hope this helps

Thanks. That's the original version head on the second version body. The head on the new release just wasn't as good.

really? I saw first release Catwomen that looked ugly too. you mast have been a lucky dog to get such a good one.

Anyone have customize clayface normal head?

Wow man, that look so much way very much super better! DCC failed twice with that Joker xDDD They had the best cheap solution already, but not took the advantage wasting time and money on a bad sculpt... xD Well done pal :D

Thank you, man!
hahaha I don't hate the original Christmas head, I just wanted him to have the classic "mean" look on his face.

May I just say, that's ****ing sensational. Somehow even the regular Joker head looks better as Christmas Joker than it did in the purple suit. Well done, sir!

Thank you so much!! Now you gave me an idea! I may put this head on the purple-suit Joker to see how that'd look, just for fun. :rotfl

Well done buddy! This looks way better!

Thank you, professor! Most of your customs have inspired me.

Fantastic job! This makes me really wish I'd bought an extra Joker last summer, when he was on sale for $6.99 at my local Hastings. That price would be worth the sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Yeah, I only recommend customizing figures this hard if you have spares.
The risk of failure is big. I was afraid, won't deny. I was literally cutting off the top of Joker's head with a hot knife. I was only fine with it because it was a spare (the first, single-carded Joker), so whatever happened, wouldn't bother me.

Do you customize? If so, when you find another Joker on sale, get it and do the same.

WGD, that is an amazing job you did on the Christmas Joker! He looks great!

Thank you so much!!

I would have bought it if it came like that
good job man

Thaaaaanks!!

I LOVE IT WGD!!! You did an AMAZING job!

Could you email that to Kevin so they can see that for a possible Joker Expression pack? I mean, I can tolerate the current head design, but after seeing yours, I'm all for a change!!!

Without getting political, #MAKECHRISTMASJOKERGREATAGAIN

Thank you!!
:lol My dad told me to e-mail DCC, too, with pics. He said "they will hire you. First Talia's arms, now this". :rotfl Parents..... :rotfl
I might e-mail them, but I'd feel kinda arrogant?? Don't know...

Back