DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Can someone explain the googled eyed Harley head to me?

There's two answers, either of which is correct depending on whom you ask.

Answer 1: It is simply a bug eyed Harley Quinn head, essentially her "YOWZA!" face (confirmed several times by Jim Fletcher at DC Collectibles)

Answer 2: It represents "Fake Harley" from the TNBA episode "Jokers Millions" (confirmed at least once by Kevin Kiniry at DC Collectibles). "Fake Harley" is a replacement Harley Quinn, a different woman wearing Harley's costume, hired by the Joker in that episode. She has much rounder eyes than Harley Quinn typically does when she is wearing her mask, and Fake Harley has pupils, which Harley usually does not. The extra head with the TNBA figure only has pupils and lacks Fake Harley's blue irises, so it's not entirely accurate to that character, but you could say that for a lot of these figures.

Whichever character you want the head to represent is up to you.

Last edited:

Sorry man, I didn't end up getting the fig or I would have done that for you already. The only 2 that were left at my shop had **** paint. She isn't worth hunting down since I'm gonna get her in the 5 pack haha

Hahaha! No worries, man. I feel you.
Oh, great... still the same paint app problems the first Harley had. UGH!

51e07ccb506dce4ca8ee9e4f8c781768.jpg
b74c16b1a37f4817db405d1523a1d86c.jpg
a29bca4bf7183834c944146d9c796521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!!

Well, she looks really fine among the BTAS figures.
Her head doesn't seem to be big when next to the other ones.

Regardless, have you tried swapping her head with the other Harley's head?

Thank you again for the pics.

Thanks for the photos spiderbo, somehow Harley works good with both series but I will be using this body for BTAS. On the side note Talia looks a bit too tall. Can someone post a photo wuth her and Catwoman? Thanks

9a4dcbd3f406327650eadfc148048ee5.jpg

And I could have forced the old one on the new body but it would not have made much difference.

38f3b172cadfd6c130ad19ad3b5ed28d.jpg

ab7fa155477abfd6e27e502a250af2ab.jpg

I need the Batmobile, Batwing and Ertigon but I like my setup. The villains really steal the show.

I know a long shot but I need a Mad Love Harley. Would buy them both if anybody has loose.

Spiderbo, thank you so much for taking a time to take these pics for us.

Too bad the headswap is not possible after all. And the old head would have looked weird on the new body anyway - too small.

In a final request (I promise), could put TNBA Harley next to the BTAS females?

She works well next to the males, now I wanna see her next to females.

Thank you again!

I need the Batmobile, Batwing and Ertigon but I like my setup. The villains really steal the show.

They do, indeed. I always had that impression, too.
And it's like what Janet Van Dorn says on the episode "Trial": they "created Batman".

Erm.. Why the hell Talia is so tall?! She is out of scale with other figures :/

Swapping Harley's head still looks possible to me as long as you thin down the neck. Harley's head is almost the same size as Selina's so this should work with TNBA Harl.

Erm.. Why the hell Talia is so tall?! She is out of scale with other figures :/

Swapping Harley's head still looks possible to me as long as you thin down the neck. Harley's head is almost the same size as Selina's so this should work with TNBA Harl.

She's not, Zelu.
The pic is tricking you due to perspective, as the other figures are relatively behind her.

I would take a pic of her right next to tall figures like Batman, Catwoman, Ra's and Joker if I was in my home, but I'm treveling now.

I personally think she scales pretty well with the other figures. She's indeed strong and stands out next to Zatanna, who is sort of tiny, but next to other figures, she's fine.

38f3b172cadfd6c130ad19ad3b5ed28d.jpg

That close up shot of both Harley figures is great thanks spiderbo. As it shows that the body size and shape is subtle enough that for me I don't think it is worth upgrading after all. Bit of money saved for a new figure later on!

Talia is right beside Ras and Hatter but Catwoman is "behind" them.

Thank you guys! Yes she does look ok, still tiny bit too tall but in scale:) Now that BTAS Harley stands out a lot, she is sooo tiny :p

Thank you so very much for all the photos, Spiderbo!

I'm so happy the new Harley looks fine and proportional next to the BTAS figures, including the female ones.
Was very worried she would look like a bubble head, lmao.

I've always loved her face sculpt, especially the smile, ever since the Mad Love one.

As of now, I think I'll leave her as is.

Now, lemme get back to sunbathing.

Thank you so very much for all the photos, Spiderbo!

I'm so happy the new Harley looks fine and proportional next to the BTAS figures, including the female ones.
Was very worried she would look like a bubble head, lmao.

I've always loved her face sculpt, especially the smile, ever since the Mad Love one.

As of now, I think I'll leave her as is.

Now, lemme get back to sunbathing.

Enjoy the sun buddy :D

Enjoy the sun buddy :D

Thanks, buddy! I did!
Love me some sun.

Are you going to do the neck surgery on Harley in order to use the old head? If so, could you photograph the process?

As I said, apparently, she looks fine as is, but if the result after the surgery is considerably better, I might follow on your footsteps. Thanks, professor! :D

FANTASTIC displays and poses Playboy! :clap :clap Really impressive. Looks like you've put a lot of thought into those poses, capturing some great nuances for each character. Classy! :clap

Back