DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I just got this email from Kevin over at DCC regarding BTAS Batgirl:

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully you saw the image of the head and how
it sits on the neck that we added to the Facebook page commentary.

We also didn¹t reuse the body from Catwoman so no need to worry there.
This is an original sculpt.

We will take your comments into consideration and appreciate you being
there for us!

Be well,

Kevin

KEVIN KINIRY | Vice President * DC Collectibles

DC Entertainment | A Warner Bros. Entertainment Company

visit us: https://www.dccomics.com <https://www.dccomics.com/

Thanks for bringing it over here.

I'm so sure Batgirl will be yet another gorgeous female figure, regardless of her hair sitting on her shoulders or not.

Nonetheless, did you ask them about the hair?

They could make the forearm/elbow removable and include bent elbows with forearms in the accessories, but make the shoulders articulated to give that a range

That's one interesting idea.
Has any company ever done that?

WGD,

I did follow up about her hair. But I haven't heard back yet. If I get a response I will post it here.

Just out of curiosity I know that with tv shows and movies if fans provide their idea for a movie or plot the writers can't use it because of legal issues, is it the same for toy companies? Like these designs are cool but can they do the designs and the accessories and NOT have any legal issues?
No there is still a legal issue, DCC would need to contact the designer for permission of their work. I highly doubt that a DCC employee or anyone associated with DCC would just use someone else's work without first asking for it. Sfa signed his designs so it's his property. Now that's only if DCC wants to use his designs, they go a different route and may end up with similar designs.

I got this message from Kevin yesterday:

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Hopefully you saw the digital sculpt image that we posted on the comment thread on our Facebook page in reference to this figure. The prototype image doesn’t accurate reflect the amount of neck that you will see in the final figure. (which comes out in July of 2017 by the way- not January).

And to make the point, we are not reusing the Catwoman body. This is a 100% new sculpt. As for the hair, in order to have some head motion, we need to have the hair back from the neck. While not ideal it was the best decision to make for us.

We really appreciate you reaching out and for taking the time to explain your concerns. We definitely hear them and look forward to getting more great figures into collectors’ hands!

Be well and Happy Holidays,

Kev

No there is still a legal issue, DCC would need to contact the designer for permission of their work. I highly doubt that a DCC employee or anyone associated with DCC would just use someone else's work without first asking for it. Sfa signed his designs so it's his property. Now that's only if DCC wants to use his designs, they go a different route and may end up with similar designs.

Actually, by that logic SFA could not have used the character designs as they belong to Bruce Timm and WB. I don't know what other responsibilities and qualifications an initial designer needs to have to work at DCC (I imagine they have some people work on it before it reaches the sculptor) but SFA should definitely be hired. His designs are BE-A-U-TIFULLY executed! KUDOS SFA!

Just a simple question: why they don't use this kind of hair for TAS Batgirl??
DCCtnbabatgirl-5.jpg

DCCtnbabatgirl-5.jpg

Who says they're not?
DCC Batgirl C.jpg

The side view above corresponds more to the TNBA Batgirl figure's hair than it does to the straight-on and 45 degree views above. Could go either way, I guess.

DCCtnbabatgirl-5.jpg

personally I was fine with a repaint xDDD I love this figure and I think it's one of the best in the line with Nightwing and Gordon :)

Who says they're not?
View attachment 312250

The side view above corresponds more to the TNBA Batgirl figure's hair than it does to the straight-on and 45 degree views above. Could go either way, I guess.

As you can see, TAS batgirl Sculpt doesn't have hair on shoulders as TNBA Batgirl has.

Couple Questions:

1. Where do you put Babydoll? I know she's from the BTNA episode but doesn't she look like her appearance from BTAS episode?

2. How do I find one of the BTNA Batmans minus the peg holes. Can't find one on EBay.

Merry Christmas [emoji320] [emoji319] everybody!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. How do I find one of the BTNA Batmans minus the peg holes. Can't find one on EBay.

Merry Christmas [emoji320] [emoji319] everybody!!

Amazon prime has him for $10. I just got one last week.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Santa came! I feel like Ralphie from A Christmas Story! My in-laws got me the Batman & Robin w/ Bat-signal set.
Just like in A Christmas Story, after all other gifts are opened (excluding my 1 year old son's, who's still in bed), my daughter shows me a gift my wife stashed in the back... When I opened it, I felt ten years old again!
Batwing!
30b398646a27bcd442a8856ffbbc8adf.jpg

^^ Niiiice man! you've got some dope in-laws ;)

Merry Christmas everyone! Stay safe and full! :family:grouphug

Who says they're not?
View attachment 312250

As you can see, TAS batgirl Sculpt doesn't have hair on shoulders as TNBA Batgirl has.
As you can see, the BTAS Batgirl sideview rendering corresponds very closely to the TNBA Batgirl figure, just like I said.
NrkDLrK.jpg
And really. Stop being so condescending.

Last edited:

As you can see, the BTAS Batgirl sideview rendering corresponds very closely to the TNBA Batgirl figure, just like I ****ing said.
View attachment 312340
This is the second time you've been condescending to me. If there's a third time, I will not be so nice.

Dude. Chill out. Seriously.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Santa came! I feel like Ralphie from A Christmas Story! My in-laws got me the Batman & Robin w/ Bat-signal set.
Just like in A Christmas Story, after all other gifts are opened (excluding my 1 year old son's, who's still in bed), my daughter shows me a gift my wife stashed in the back... When I opened it, I felt ten years old again!
Batwing!
30b398646a27bcd442a8856ffbbc8adf.jpg

Damn! In-laws that not only like you, but like you enough to buy you cool toys for Christmas? That's like finding a Unicorn; hell, that's like finding an Albino Unicorn!

Got Clayface for Christmas or as my mom calls him, "Sandhead" (she gets him confused with Sandman) and boy, what an awesome figure! I know a lot complain about his height but Hagen's got quite the presence in my collection. XD

Got Clayface for Christmas or as my mom calls him, "Sandhead" (she gets him confused with Sandman) and boy, what an awesome figure! I know a lot complain about his height but Hagen's got quite the presence in my collection. XD

There is no Hagen. It's only me now...Clayface.

Back