DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

^ Nice! That thing must be huge to accommodate the Batmobile like that. Hope you're planning to have Man-Bat suspended from the top somehow, that would look awesome!

Damn you and your flying Manbats!

2697.jpg

The truth about this comment is I ENVY your display so much! xDDDDDD lol

I never cared alot about the other characters, but I bought like all Batman figures from Kenner. even those that were actually action belt Batman in variant colours.
but in comparision I think I like Kenner's Manbat better. his wings had elbow joints.

Something came to my mind today and now I'm terrified.

How in the world are they going to make Mr. Freeze's arm articulations happen? And still be aesthetically accurate?

Have you noticed those blue things are placed right on the pivot points of articulation (shoulders, elbows)?

latest

Oh, Lord... Imma sell all my collection and switch to statues...........

If anyone has any idea, please, do tell. Because I can't see any solution here.

Something came to my mind today and now I'm terrified.

How in the world are they going to make Mr. Freeze's arm articulations happen? And still be aesthetically accurate?

Have you noticed those blue things are placed right on the pivot points of articulation (shoulders, elbows)?

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dcanimated/images/0/0f/Mrfreeze.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070407115124[/
Oh, Lord... Imma sell all my collection and switch to statues...........

If anyone has any idea, please, do tell. Because I can't see any solution here.[/QUOTE]
It's either going to be where the blue things meet the grey chest part or where the blue part meets the black part of his arms. I suppose they could extend part of his upper arm into that blue part and have it turn inside there and be able to go up and down and forward and back. Regardless it will probably be limited articulation.

It's either going to be where the blue things meet the grey chest part or where the blue part meets the black part of his arms. I suppose they could extend part of his upper arm into that blue part and have it turn inside there and be able to go up and down and forward and back. Regardless it will probably be limited articulation.

Thought of that just now.
At the shoulders, I could see they making the blue thing part of the chest/torso of the figure, and then have the shoulder articulation inside it, like any figure.

Same for the elbows. As you suggested, make the blue thing part of the upper arm, and have the forearm articulate inside it.

No need to extend his arms. :pray:

Guess I was too dramatic? :rotfl

I had the same concerns about the articulation on Freeze's arms. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see what they've come up with.....

In the meantime, here's a concept design I just came up with today for a Red Claw figure. :D I based it on the DCC Catwoman body and the accessories from the "Cat and the Claw" episodes. I really hope they make her for real one day!

Hope they add the articulation back in the ankles...what's the point of having this level of hip articulation if the ankles are static :huh

Awesome Red Claw.

There's just one problem, the final figure wouldn't look that good. :lol I'm about to print, cut that out and put it on my shelf because the final product won't be nearly as good.

I had the same concerns about the articulation on Freeze's arms. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see what they've come up with.....

In the meantime, here's a concept design I just came up with today for a Red Claw figure. :D I based it on the DCC Catwoman body and the accessories from the "Cat and the Claw" episodes. I really hope they make her for real one day!

Looks awesome SFA! and this is this is pretty funny cause I just started working on Red Claw custom figure :D

I was going to do Montoya using Zatanna's figure but that smile doesn't suit her so I will wait for when Talia is out in here :)

Awesome Red Claw.

There's just one problem, the final figure wouldn't look that good. :lol I'm about to print, cut that out and put it on my shelf because the final product won't be nearly as good.
:lol :lol

Thanks! :)
They did a great job on Zatanna though, so they can definitely do the female characters justice. We'd just have to hope that Red Claw (and the upcoming Ivy) come out as good as her!

Looks awesome SFA! and this is this is pretty funny cause I just started working on Red Claw custom figure :D

I was going to do Montoya using Zatanna's figure but that smile doesn't suit her so I will wait for when Talia is out in here :)

Thanks!!:D
Oh cool I'm really looking forward to seeing your Red Claw custom. No doubt it will be amazing as usual!

OK, I couldn't resist doing another concept drawing of one of my other favourite B-listers! :D

Just out of curiosity I know that with tv shows and movies if fans provide their idea for a movie or plot the writers can't use it because of legal issues, is it the same for toy companies? Like these designs are cool but can they do the designs and the accessories and NOT have any legal issues?

Maaaaan.... SFA, you are insanely talented! These are crazily fantastic!
I don't intend to buy them both (never cared enough to want their figures), but these concept designs are kind of making me change my mind, especially Red Claw.

^ Nice! That thing must be huge to accommodate the Batmobile like that. Hope you're planning to have Man-Bat suspended from the top somehow, that would look awesome!
I can drill some hole in the top and use fishing wire to suspend him. I wish it was big enough to put the Batwing in.

Thought of that just now.
At the shoulders, I could see they making the blue thing part of the chest/torso of the figure, and then have the shoulder articulation inside it, like any figure.

Same for the elbows. As you suggested, make the blue thing part of the upper arm, and have the forearm articulate inside it.

No need to extend his arms. :pray:

Guess I was too dramatic? :rotfl

They could make the forearm/elbow removable and include bent elbows with forearms in the accessories, but make the shoulders articulated to give that a range

I managed to track down Bullock and dang, he's huge.

I just got this email from Kevin over at DCC regarding BTAS Batgirl:

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully you saw the image of the head and how
it sits on the neck that we added to the Facebook page commentary.

We also didn¹t reuse the body from Catwoman so no need to worry there.
This is an original sculpt.

We will take your comments into consideration and appreciate you being
there for us!

Be well,

Kevin

KEVIN KINIRY | Vice President * DC Collectibles

DC Entertainment | A Warner Bros. Entertainment Company

visit us: https://www.dccomics.com <https://www.dccomics.com/

15585362_10154969498229258_245409055091769683_o.jpg

This looks like what they were referring to.

Back