DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

After watching that Facebook video with Kevin showing off the TNBA Harley figure, I'm struggling to see if it's actually a different body sculpt or a re-use of the previous Harley. Her calves may look slightly thicker to me, but I'm not 100% sure......

are that video visible also for people who doesn't have FB?? :D

The comparisons I'll make are between DCC's BTAS Mask of the Phantasm Batman headsculpt and Kenner's Combat Belt Batman headsculpt.
The first DCC BTAS head doesn't even exist in my world.

IMO, this is the only headsculpt Kenner still tops DCC.
I'm by no means saying the DCC Batman head is bad. It is really good.
It's just that Kenner's Batman head is better.

However, I can perfectly live with this Batman head.
And I can't agree when people say this is bad, because it's clearly good.
The Kenner head is better, yes, but this DCC Batman head is good:

View attachment 311741

I'm not saying that DCC is horrible either but after the Kotobukiya, they are light years away IMO

are that video visible also for people who doesn't have FB?? :D

Looks perfect, so much better than the TAS version!

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-22 a las 17.00.09.jpg

I'm not saying that DCC is horrible either but after the Kotobukiya, they are light years away IMO

Yes, I 100% agree with you.
And I got your point on your first post, just to be clear. :lol

And, can I be honest? Somehow, the Kenner head still tops Kotobukiya's too.

IMO, it goes like this:

#1 Kenner
#2 Koto
#3 DCC (MOTP)

View attachment 311743

Yes!! SO much better. Vast improvement.
I'll swap their heads and make the perfect BTAS Harley! :blissy

Yes, I 100% agree with you.
And I got your point on your first post, just to be clear. :lol

And, can I be honest? Somehow, the Kenner head still tops Kotobukiya's too.

IMO, it goes like this:

#1 Kenner
#2 Koto
#3 DCC (MOTP)

Well Koto looks better in hand , especially on the side profile..so as a collector of the original Kenner line, I still put koto ahead of Kenner so far..there is still the Mondo version coming out with the blue highlights so we shall see. :wave

Well Koto looks better in hand , especially on the side profile..so as a collector of the original Kenner line, I still put koto ahead of Kenner so far..there is still the Mondo version coming out with the blue highlights so we shall see. :wave

You're probably right. I would need to have both Koto and Kenner side by side, in hand, for a final comparison.
I'm considering getting Koto to put on my desk. It looks fantastic.
Your pictures have really made me want it.

We have 2 new placeholder dates to possibly look forward to:
5d2af016e97cfd225f9e08720e2beff7.jpg

Has that Beyond set always been $65? I thought it was $50? Could be wrong. Seems like a lot though

After watching that Facebook video with Kevin showing off the TNBA Harley figure, I'm struggling to see if it's actually a different body sculpt or a re-use of the previous Harley. Her calves may look slightly thicker to me, but I'm not 100% sure......

Yea, I was having trouble trying to tell also. I really hope not because the 3 BTAS Harley's I got all had one shorter leg. Some worse than others though

I'm sorry, but are you guys even serious?

View attachment 311712View attachment 311713View attachment 311711

Sometimes I can't believe what I read here.......

LMAOOOOOO! I needed that laugh today WGD! Thanks for that lololol. DCC's sculpts **** on those :chug

I saw this on DCC's Facebook page and thought, "God bless DCC's damage control!"

View attachment 311724
View attachment 311725

Good stuff!! Nice to see the addressed it on a public page, as well as responding to emails! Props DCC. Only thing is, it looks like the eyeliner goes right into the mask on that image. There's no part for skin tone separating the eyes and the mask, unless I'm just blind lol. That's one of the most important details for me when it comes to this Batgirl. If Funko can do it, you can do it DCC! :clap:joy

You're probably right. I would need to have both Koto and Kenner side by side, in hand, for a final comparison.
I'm considering getting Koto to put on my desk. It looks fantastic.
Your pictures have really made me want it.

Considering it was $40 ( and I got mine cheaper at an xmas price discount) with all the options it comes with it..for a statue, it is well worth it

Good stuff!! Nice to see the addressed it on a public page, as well as responding to emails! Props DCC. Only thing is, it looks like the eyeliner goes right into the mask on that image. There's no part for skin tone separating the eyes and the mask, unless I'm just blind lol. That's one of the most important details for me when it comes to this Batgirl. If Funko can do it, you can do it DCC! :clap:joy

I think you're blind. :lol
Kidding.

Don't worry, buddy! They got that right.
Here's the image they posted of the digital sculpt in a huge size.
You can see there's a considerable space between her eyes and the mask.
https://scontent.fsdu5-1.fna.fbcdn....=5d9e7ebbd45ddb2ffcbae027770bb9f7&oe=58E3C9CB

Plus here's a zoom-in of the colored proto image.
You can see her skin under her eyes.

DCC12194.jpg

Considering it was $40 ( and I got mine cheaper at an xmas price discount) with all the options it comes with it..for a statue, it is well worth it

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums...ated/cb701825-eaa4-43d9-b467-6169f589cc30.jpg
https://i270.photobucket.com/albums...ated/5b8e6104-26ca-4faa-be3d-51c4e712c3a8.jpg

What?! Just $40???
That's unbelievable! Thought it was, like, $80. LMAO

Imma get that, defenitely. And I might find him for less on eBay.

Love those multiple faces! All just so accurate!

Can't believe the 5 pack is Feb 2017 :thud: oh well gives me more time to save

View attachment 311743

Thanks man! ;)

About Batman head.. call me crazy but the DCC Batmobile Deluxe/Batsignal is my favourite over all the other faces ever done. Kenner one was awesome too.
Koto doesn't convince me at all.. especially on the front view. Angry faces are way better but standard one keeps to remind me Buzz Lightyear.

Actually you can already do it, the head is the same of the Mad Love 2 pack :D I think the body is too small for that head so probably TNBA Harley will have a brand new body sculpt :)

I saw this on DCC's Facebook page and thought, "God bless DCC's damage control!"

View attachment 311724
View attachment 311725

It's really great that they acknowledged and addressed people's concerns :)
That digital sculpt looks nicer than the painted prototype we saw, but I still think the hair is the main problem though. If they re-do the hair, she'll look perfect.

3D printing action figures was a mistake.

I was under the impression that Irene Matar sculpted these by hand. I'm so sure I heard that in an interview somewhere. Perhaps this Batgirl is done by Gentle Giant and they 3D sculpt theirs while Irene hand sculpts? Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong....

I actually spoke to her on Instagram and she said she does digital/3d sculpting.

I wonder if they have such a 3D programm why the heck have they that big problems getting the figures right?

I do think part of the problem is the plastic they use in production. It's not great for capturing strong detail. All their recent sculpts come out quite soft, even in their Arkham/Icons/Designer series lines.

I actually spoke to her on Instagram and she said she does digital/3d sculpting.

Ahh..... I definitely must've imagined that then!

I tried adding a little colour to that 3D scan image. Would be perfect with more accurate hair.

Last edited:
Back