DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

As much as I'd love them to release BTAS Mr Freeze, Two-Face and Ivy in the next two waves, something tells me they'll only release one or two of them at most, so here's my guesses for the next batch of figures:

Wave 9

BTAS - Poison Ivy
TNBA - Penguin
TNBA - Riddler
TNBA - Jet Glider Batman

Wave 10

TNBA - Catwoman
BTAS - Clock King
BTAS - Scarecrow
BTAS - Bane

Deluxe - Alfred & Bruce Wayne 2 pack

Here are some backgrounds from both versions of the animated series. I've tried to clean them up as best I could. Some are pictures I found via Google, others are screenshots from the show.

I found one Catwoman without the peg hole at the local store but her face had paint glob right under her eye so I couldn't buy it. Still no Batman. If I order Catwoman through BBTS and get a crappy paint, will they let me exchange? Probably wishful thinking lol.

I want a figure of Sid the Squid that includes the empty cowl with a "kick me" note on it.

Fingers crossed for a Mr Freeze/ Nora Deluxe 2pack with snow globe, freeze gun and cryogenic chamber for Nora! Lol

This.
And it could be labeled "Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzeo" Deluxe 2-pack, in honor of that great movie.
Pretty much like the MOTP and Mad Love 2-packs.

I found one Catwoman without the peg hole at the local store but her face had paint glob right under her eye so I couldn't buy it. Still no Batman. If I order Catwoman through BBTS and get a crappy paint, will they let me exchange? Probably wishful thinking lol.

Perhaps, but who knows. I wouldn't take the risk.
Just wait until you find a perfect one at a physical store.

You could also ask eBay sellers that have like 4+ pieces available for in-hand photos, so you can pick the best one before buying.
I do that a lot, since I don't have any comic shop here. :lol

I want a figure of Sid the Squid that includes the empty cowl with a "kick me" note on it.

:lol Gotta love that episode! The funeral and robbery scenes are fabulous.

But do you think DCC would go that deep and make a Sid figure?

Hmmm..never even considered a Sid the Squid figure. I want one too. Also would love a Rupert Thorne :)

I'd be in for a Sid the Squid on two conditions: first being that he also include his coffin. Second being that they made a companion figure: Kazoo blowing Harley with an "Amazing Grace" sound function.:lecture :lol

I'd be in for a Sid the Squid on two conditions: first being that he also include his coffin. Second being that they made a companion figure: Kazoo blowing Harley with an "Amazing Grace" sound function.:lecture :lol

He'd definitely need the coffin. Maybe a swap-out prison costume? The chair from the barroom brawl scene with Batman's cowl draped over it would be great. It could be their best figure yet! :lol
And we need a Lawyer Harley. :lecture

Oh gosh, I really want this to exist. :lol

As much as I'd love them to release BTAS Mr Freeze, Two-Face and Ivy in the next two waves, something tells me they'll only release one or two of them at most, so here's my guesses for the next batch of figures:

Wave 9

BTAS - Poison Ivy
TNBA - Penguin
TNBA - Riddler
TNBA - Jet Glider Batman

Wave 10

TNBA - Catwoman
BTAS - Clock King
BTAS - Scarecrow
BTAS - Bane

Deluxe - Alfred & Bruce Wayne 2 pack

Man, that wave 9 sounds absolutely terrible haha. I def don't want that hideous Riddler! He didn't even get an episode, just a short cameo in "Over the Edge" and a small appearance in the Superman animated series. Forgot the episode name. It had Knight in the title and it's where Superman pretends to be Batman when Brainiac takes control of Bruce. I'll pass on TNBA Mad Hatter as well. Both hideous designs lol. That wave 10 sounds perfect though

I bought today a MadLove pack at a comic shop here in Madrid,
_MG_8247.jpg

The Joker of the pack have a worst paint job in his face than the single figure, blurred lines in his teeth, worst paint job in his eyes and lips, and like all the jokers that I saw, it have the "spalling" nose. And his hands with a lot of paint too, like the single.
_MG_8267.jpg

The comic included with the pack I thought that would be a special one, but when I have seen it I noticed is the same that i have (But in english :lol) only changes the cover and that is paperback instead of hardcover.
_MG_8270.jpg

And the good thing is the Harley figure, I love her head, her form the paint job and the way it's painted, and her body looks awesome. I'm waiting for the TNBA Harley. Only miss some articulation in her feet but it's ok.
_MG_8266.jpg

I think the only thing worthwhile is the figure of Harley, and they could have done something better with the Joker.

Last edited:

Hmmm..never even considered a Sid the Squid figure. I want one too. Also would love a Rupert Thorne :)

Thorne is a must for me. He was a major antagonist. He is right up there with Grey Ghost, Trench coat/Hat Joker and Bruce wayne for me.

So many still to come, just hoping that DCC stick with it long enough to give them to us.

I bought today a MadLove pack at a comic shop here in Madrid,
View attachment 275320

The Joker of the pack have a worst paint job in his face than the single figure, blurred lines in his teeth, worst paint job in his eyes and lips, and like all the jokers that I saw, it have the "spalling" nose. And his hands with a lot of paint too, like the single.
View attachment 275321

The comic included with the pack I thought that would be a special one, but when I have seen it I noticed is the same that i have (But in english :lol) only changes the cover and that is paperback instead of hardcover.
View attachment 275322

And the good thing is the Harley figure, I love her head, her from the paint job and the way it's painted, and her body looks awesome. I'm waiting for the TNBA Harley. Only miss some articulation in her feet but it's ok.
View attachment 275323

I think the only thing worthwhile is the figure of Harley, and they could have done something better with the Joker.

Nice Harley figure! Shame about the Joker, i wished dcc didn't re-release figures that one already have together with a brand new figure. Ah, recuerda compartir el comentario en mi grupo de Facebook. Cheers!

I love the clear photos, AngelR26! Harley looks really good.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for a guess at the Wave 9 to be revealed at SDCC. I'm still going off of the podcast interview from last year and AFI's scoop since we still haven't seen anything from those slight hints.

TNBA Riddler
TNBA Deluxe Jetwing Batman (the same way Clayface and Etrigan are deluxe in their waves)
TNBA Penguin
TAS Poison Ivy

And then I'm thinking the no-photography-allowed Wave 10 could be:

TAS Kyodai Ken
TAS HARDAC Batman
TAS Bane
TNBA Catwoman

Also, we don't seem to get any hints or early reveals at SDCC the way we do with NYTF, so I wouldn't count on them.

Gordan wave changed on previews and toychest from 7/27 to 8/31 LOL. Deluxe Batmobile now changed from 8/31 to 11/30
I'm sure the wave will eventually go to 9/28 as well

At the start of the year I thought we would have had Clayface by this time, preparing for the Bullock wave. I wonder what the delay is now, since people in Hong Kong have gotten theirs already

Huzzah for delays!

I'm hoping we get a Grey Ghost figure in one of the upcoming waves. I forgot all about Kyodai Ken!

Yes Kyodai Ken with no shirt so you can see his tattoo! I also would love to have Rupert Thorne. Maybe even Rolland Dagget

Huzzah for delays!

I'm hoping we get a Grey Ghost figure in one of the upcoming waves. I forgot all about Kyodai Ken!

I hope he comes in a single pack and not a two pack with another BTAS Batman.

Back