DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Seriously. I don't understand the delay of the Gordon wave at all. Last year they had the QC issues to fall back on as an excuse. I wonder why they would have delayed it this time.. The figures at Toyfair for this wave looked like production

I don't get it either, man. That's why I think they should immediately sent out a press release giving us their reasons.
Last year, before any words from them, we suspected the delays were due to the QC (later explained in a PR).
But this year, there's no apparent reason for all of this!!!

We DESERVE a explanations!!!!

While I agree that will be the excuse, why? Those reissues should have been ready and already released by now.

All will be forgiven if they're also redoing Freeze and Two-Face, but that's just me.:lol

If that were the case I would be cool with waiting a little longer to get the next wave. I really doubt that's the case though, unfortunately :/
Even so, I was hoping we would have the Clayface/Firefly wave by June/July. I hate getting bombarded with things all at once.

I'm waiting on the 5 designer series Harley's they're releasing and the Batgirl of Burnside from Icons, icons Joker, and possibly some others that come later in the year, and that's just DCC. I can't get all those plus 2 waves from animated,the 5 pack, LOTDR 3 pack, Batwing, and Christmas Joker all at the same damn time, right near the holidays lol. Not copping the Batwing, but if I was it would be way worse. I'm trying to give you my money DCC! Just less at a time

Yeah and I didn't even factor the reissues, LOTDK 3-Pack, Batwing, and possibly the Beyond pack if it shows in Jan 2017 in my $400 figure from above. Seriously, $700+ worth of stuff between Oct and Jan??? I seriously hope not. I know they said June for the next release but based on the past...

All will be forgiven if they're also redoing Freeze and Two-Face, but that's just me.:lol

Hahahaha I'm really hoping for Freeze!! I would be content with that for the time being. Until the time comes for me to have over a g ready for the madness and be stuck cherry picking because I spent my figure budget on **** for the house in the meantime lol

Yeah and I didn't even factor the reissues, LOTDK 3-Pack, Batwing, and possibly the Beyond pack if it shows in Jan 2017 in my $400 figure from above. Seriously, $700+ worth of stuff between Oct and Jan??? I seriously hope not. I know they said June for the next release but based on the past...

Right, it's just too much. I feel bad for those with limited budgets that collect Arkham, Animated, Designer and Icons from DCC. **** is going to hit hard lol

I don't get it either, man. That's why I think they should immediately sent out a press release giving us their reasons.
Last year, before any words from them, we suspected the delays were due to the QC (later explained in a PR).
But this year, there's no apparent reason for all of this!!!

We DESERVE a explanations!!!!
This is starting to sound like the old days over at Action Figure Insiders forums when people complained about Mattel's delayed JLU releases lol.

Speaking of, have they also decided to re-release Killer Croc for some reason I've yet to hear? I see he's up for pre-order again at BBTS.

Speaking of, have they also decided to re-release Killer Croc for some reason I've yet to hear? I see he's up for pre-order again at BBTS.

That's kinda weird. I can't imagine that version of Croc selling that well. Maybe they're giving him knee articulation? lol
Either way, we should see him released again by 2018

Has anyone sent an email asking what the reason for the delay is? They are usually good with responding right?

Has anyone sent an email asking what the reason for the delay is? They are usually good with responding right?

Well, it's been 2 weeks since a friend of mine e-mailed DCC complaining about the weird marks (especially on the back "ears") on the Batmobile and its fragile paintwork, and they haven't replied him yet.

Guess DCC thinks that is "normal", when that is actually a factory defect, since all Batmobile have the marks.

Well, it's been 2 weeks since a friend of mine e-mailed DCC complaining about the weird marks (especially on the back "ears") on the Batmobile and its fragile paintwork, and they haven't replied him yet.

Guess DCC thinks that is "normal", when that is actually a factory defect, since all Batmobile have the marks.

That ****in paint is the one thing I hate about the Batmobile. I've literally rolled mine across the carpet for fun 2 times, moved it from shelf to shelf like 5 times, and put figures in it on 2 seperate occasions and it's got some nasty ass scratches on it. I don't even know what it could have touched to scratch it in the places it has them. Luckily I kept my box and plastic intact for moves, but I can't imagine this thing lasting years and looking anywhere near pristine. It barely did out of box lol. It's not a huge deal, but the scratch marks are very visible.

That ****in paint is the one thing I hate about the Batmobile. I've literally rolled mine across the carpet for fun 2 times, moved it from shelf to shelf like 5 times, and put figures in it on 2 seperate occasions and it's got some nasty ass scratches on it. I don't even know what it could have touched to scratch it in the places it has them. Luckily I kept my box and plastic intact for moves, but I can't imagine this thing lasting years and looking anywhere near pristine. It barely did out of box lol. It's not a huge deal, but the marks are very visible.

Man, I'm starting to freaking HATE that Batmobile. Just like my friend.

YES! I've had the same problem as you! Also, when you slide the cockpit "door" it scratches the paint!
WHAT THE ******??? I can't even use it?!

Not to mention the HIDEOUS molding-process marks, which look like the car got shot several times.

Man, seriously: I haven't touched that car for weeks now. It's there on my shelf accumulating dust, because:
1. I "can't" touch it because it'll get scratched
2. I can't stand looking at the molding-process marks anymore

And all that breaks my heart really hard, because I waited 20 ****** years to have a decent BTAS Batmobile, and I ended up getting a cheap car with factory defects that I can't even touch.

Imma e-mail DCC this week. A lenghty e-mail about that.

Let the "Love/Hate" relationship with this line begin!
:) ;)

See, I kept telling myself after JLU, no more new action figure lines. Just stick with the already completed vintage lines. No worrying about when it's coming because it's all already out there. But I'm a sucker for Bruce Timm designs.

I think some people in this thread might need a new hobby.

Or at least a second one to help deal with the stress they obviously have regarding this one.

Mass production of anything is extremely complicated. Any number of uncontrollable factors could contribute to a delay: plastic or material shortages, shipping or distribution issues, customs, or even mechanical issues that result in entire batches of figures being thrown out.

And honestly, I can't think of a single instance of a production delay of a toy that resulted in a press release. Maybe it happens occasionally, but it's the exception and not the rule.

I think some people in this thread might need a new hobby.

Or at least a second one to help deal with the stress they obviously have regarding this one.

Mass production of anything is extremely complicated. Any number of uncontrollable factors could contribute to a delay: plastic or material shortages, shipping or distribution issues, customs, or even mechanical issues that result in entire batches of figures being thrown out.

And honestly, I can't think of a single instance of a production delay of a toy that resulted in a press release. Maybe it happens occasionally, but it's the exception and not the rule.
You are right. Really, this is nothing new or exclusive to DCC which is why I've never been too optimistic about the estimated release dates they give us. As I said before, reminds me of the old days at AFI. Still very frustrating though. I'm really not looking forward to being bombarded with everything all at the same time or at least close to the same time. So while I agree, I still don't like it much at all.

Lol I don't think anyone's so concerned that it's actually going to affect their day. As long as we have a place where we can all unite and suggest/praise/***** about things together we'll be just fine. Unity motha ****as lol

The delay is a annoying but in the end as long as we get them this year and they are well made I can wait it out.

I have a toy account that takes out a couple of dollars a day from my main account. Small enough not to notice but enough to get a bit of money stockpiled without any effort, so having a end of year rush like last year will not be too much of drama for me.

My TNBA Batman and Catwoman broke their ankles after falling off my shelf. I'm hoping the updated versions come out soon. I did end up scoring a Batman with painted teeth in the Phantasm 2 pack so that was great. I ordered one off amazon and I figured I would probably get one without painted teeth. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

My TNBA Batman and Catwoman broke their ankles after falling off my shelf. I'm hoping the updated versions come out soon.
You should email Kevin about those ankles breaking. He may replace them with the new versions for free.

Sent from the bat cave

maybe they should search for another manufactury, because the recent one just can't do it right. and fans like we are would like to pay a little more money if we get a better quality in exchange

maybe they should search for another manufactury, because the recent one just can't do it right. and fans like we are would like to pay a little more money if we get a better quality in exchange

They've gotten pretty pricey as is

So quick question to those who take the figures out for display! Do you keep the boxes? I'm about move the house and I'm packing up stuff and I can't decide what to do with the boxes? So far I have kept all of them but do I need them? Will I ever put them back? What do you do?

Back