DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

You can tell the two versions of Two-Face apart better with this pic collage:

TNBA x BTAS
Two-FaceComparison.jpg

They look very different.

It's crazy to say while looking at these side by side, I like the Harvey side on the BTAS more but I also like the Two Face side better on the NBA :panic:

I personally don't like it (but I don't like any TNBA version anyway - except for Scarecrow).
Find him to lack many human details that, in the BTAS version, make him stand out amazinly well.
The TNBA versions look a lot like a silly cartoon, IMO.

By the way, have you decided wheter or not you'll get Zatanna?
I'm still not getting Ra's. :lol

I prefer BTAS too but the design works really well with that slicker style of animation used from TNBA onwards. Some dodgy designs aside, I think TNBA has a lot of good in it and I just consider it a separate/alternative universe to the BTAS. Same with Batman Beyond which is more a direct sequel to TNBA.

If you can't see the errors in your ways and get Ra's then there is no way I will be getting Zatanna! :lol

My first attempt at making some foam board steps. Still needs work but here's my TNBA shelf for now. Need to do a 3 stair for my BTAS figs next. Hate working with the foam board lol

30uwewg.jpg

It's crazy to say while looking at these side by side, I like the Harvey side on the BTAS more but I also like the Two Face side better on the NBA :panic:

What!? :rotfl

Well, curious to see how that would look. :lol
Mix the two versions on Photoshop. :lol

I prefer BTAS too but the design works really well with that slicker style of animation used from TNBA onwards. Some dodgy designs aside, I think TNBA has a lot of good in it and I just consider it a separate/alternative universe to the BTAS. Same with Batman Beyond which is more a direct sequel to TNBA.

If you can't see the errors in your ways and get Ra's then there is no way I will be getting Zatanna! :lol

:rotfl

I might get Ra's when they do him in his regular green suit. :lol

My first attempt at making some foam board steps. Still needs work but here's my TNBA shelf for now. Need to do a 3 stair for my BTAS figs next. Hate working with the foam board lol

Looking good so far.
Have you attemped to make a background for your BTAS figs too?

Yes, that has been.

It's been confirmed DCC will do all versions of all characters.
BTAS Two-Face, Freeze, Scarecrow and all others will get made sometime in the future.

#TeamBTAS here. :wave

Agreed, and more detailed too.

Sweet got all the BTAS stuff so far except the redone Catwoman and plan on getting all the figures they release. Was going to cave in and get Bane and Croc for TNBA, but now i dont have to. Man i so hope they do the Justice League

^^ Yours is AWESOME! Your steps look great, really clean and well made! I love how you chose the red sky for BTAS and blue sky for TNBA, just like how they used red and blue on the figure boxes too. The figures all look great on your display :D

Okay I could use a little help from the members here. Does anyone have both variations of the batman figure from the phantasm 2-pack with the white teeth and the flesh colored teeth? I've seen pics of the white teeth batman and I can't tell if its just my imagination or not, but it looks like the correctly painted head has better tooling than the original release. The ears look a little taller and the flesh on his face looks to have a slightly darker shade. Can anyone post a picture of the two grumpy faced batman's side by side so I can see if there is a legitimate difference between the two?

Okay I could use a little help from the members here. Does anyone have both variations of the batman figure from the phantasm 2-pack with the white teeth and the flesh colored teeth? I've seen pics of the white teeth batman and I can't tell if its just my imagination or not, but it looks like the correctly painted head has better tooling than the original release. The ears look a little taller and the flesh on his face looks to have a slightly darker shade. Can anyone post a picture of the two grumpy faced batman's side by side so I can see if there is a legitimate difference between the two?

I took my unpainted version back to my LCS and exchanged it for the painted version. I can assure you that they are identical other than the paint (or lack there of) on the teeth. I held them up side by side and compared them for about five minutes (the employees probably thought I was nuts). The differences you've described are probably either picture lighting or mods.

Sent from the bat cave

Actually on my grumpy batman with painted teeth, the eyes are smaller than my grumpy batman with no painted teeth was. Kinda bothered me a little bit. The sculpt is exactly the same but - on mine - the eyes got smaller.

It's frustrating because i've had to buy this batman like 3 times just to finally get a show-accurate face - the single release with the weird face sculpt, the phantasm 2 pack with blank teeth, and then finally the phantasm 2 pack AGAIN with painted teeth.

Gordan wave listed on the new "Upcoming Releases For 3/30/2016" on previewsworld.

PREVIEWSworld - Upcoming Releases

^^ Yours is AWESOME! Your steps look great, really clean and well made! I love how you chose the red sky for BTAS and blue sky for TNBA, just like how they used red and blue on the figure boxes too. The figures all look great on your display :D

Thanks! I really hated working with the foam lol. Yea I wanted them to match the packaging! Can't wait to add more figs!!

Fantastic display! :rock :duff

Thank you!! :eek:

They've been scheduled for that date for a while, but can still be delayed last minute so hopefully it holds up.

Hey!

I e-mailed DCC a little over month ago about my BTAS Catwoman, whose all three left hands had broken. Kevin replied me very quickly, saying they would be sending me a replacement as soon as they had her in the office. The replacement figure took a month to arrive from China, and they immediately sent me the figure, which took just three business to arrive here, with a letter from Kevin.
That, my friends, is a true customer service.

Anyway, let's talk about the NEW Catwoman:

New BTAS Catwoman.jpg

First and foremost: this is an all-new BTAS Catwoman figure.

As expected, it is sculpted with the new, improved plastic - like the figures from Wave 2 and beyond. You can feel it's different and better.
The terrible thigh holes are gone forever, as are the holes on the knees and ankles.
I suspect the head/face was re-sculpted, because it is slightly different from the first one.

The paintwork is absolutely incredible. No bleeding at all.
Seriously, amazing paintwork. Even Isis' eyes have a better paintwork, as have the necklace and camera she comes with.
Catwoman has an overall matte effect on the painting, with just the lips being glossy - a very nice touch.

However, I'm still not sold at Catwoman's eyes.
Although the paintwork on them is far superior and better now, I still kinda don't like the sculpted eyelids (I think it should be drawn, like the rest of the eyes). However, I might get used to it - let's see.

Yes, the whip you see on my picture is the old 90's Kenner whip, which I find to be way superior, because it's way longer and rubberier.

And, yes, I still prefer our beloved old Kenner Isis:

New BTAS Catwoman 2.jpg

That's it. I'm SO, SO pleased with it.
And it arrived just in time for the Gordon way to come out.

Really excited.

That Catwoman looks sooo good <3

Mann that Catwoman looks way better! Cool that they did the glossy lips like the Designer figs. Ugh wish the would announce a wave 1 reissue date!

That Catwoman looks sooo good <3

Mann that Catwoman looks way better! Cool that they did the glossy lips like the Designer figs. Ugh wish the would announce a wave 1 reissue date!

She is so beautiful, guys! And so, so much better!!!
You guys will be very pleased once you get her!!

Yep, phantasm, the glossy lips was a very nice touch. Loved it.

I'm almost sold at her eyes.
I just might darken the green of her iris - it's kinda too light - for them to pop out better.

Anyway, she's incredible!! Best Catwoman fig I've ever own.

Hey!

I e-mailed DCC a little over month ago about my BTAS Catwoman, whose all three left hands had broken. Kevin replied me very quickly, saying they would be sending me a replacement as soon as they had her in the office. The replacement figure took a month to arrive from China, and they immediately sent me the figure, which took just three business to arrive here, with a letter from Kevin.
That, my friends, is a true customer service.

Anyway, let's talk about the NEW Catwoman:

View attachment 253793

First and foremost: this is an all-new BTAS Catwoman figure.

As expected, it is sculpted with the new, improved plastic - like the figures from Wave 2 and beyond. You can feel it's different and better.
The terrible thigh holes are gone forever, as are the holes on the knees and ankles.
I suspect the head/face was re-sculpted, because it is slightly different from the first one.

The paintwork is absolutely incredible. No bleeding at all.
Seriously, amazing paintwork. Even Isis' eyes have a better paintwork, as have the necklace and camera she comes with.
Catwoman has an overall matte effect on the painting, with just the lips being glossy - a very nice touch.

However, I'm still not sold at Catwoman's eyes.
Although the paintwork on them is far superior and better now, I still kinda don't like the sculpted eyelids (I think it should be drawn, like the rest of the eyes). However, I might get used to it - let's see.

Yes, the whip you see on my picture is the old 90's Kenner whip, which I find to be way superior, because it's way longer and rubberier.

And, yes, I still prefer our beloved old Kenner Isis:

View attachment 253796

That's it. I'm SO, SO pleased with it.
And it arrived just in time for the Gordon way to come out.

Really excited.

I'm really happy you got yours too :)

My figure didn't come with the necklace, yours yes? And mine only took 32 hours to arrive here, from Los Angeles to Madrid :p

Back