DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

just opened my btas Batman and Robin. purchased to go in my Batmobile. Batman promptly split in two at the crotch LOL. first and last purchases LOL.

just recently watched Phantasm again, noticed the cape on Phantasm is grey inside black outside but figure has the cape as all grey... is that bugging anyone too or am I the only **** one? (unlikely)

Yeah, Batman the animated series was all about those two-toned capes! I was so glad that they painted BTAS Batman's cape blue on the inside. If you look closely, the Ra's Al Ghul figure's black cape is painted gray on the inside so . . . they totally could have given phantasm the two tone cape . . . but ooooh well. they apparently had a hard enough time painting batman's teeth white lol

lol true enough
Easy fix anyway, easier to paint the black than the grey

just recently watched Phantasm again, noticed the cape on Phantasm is grey inside black outside but figure has the cape as all grey... is that bugging anyone too or am I the only **** one? (unlikely)

Ugh I've been thinking the same thing since I opened it! Would love to fix it up myself, but I've never painted anything but wood and fear I would ruin it lol

Ugh I've been thinking the same thing since I opened it! Would love to fix it up myself, but I've never painted anything but wood and fear I would ruin it lol

only concern would be if that part of the cape is flexible, than acrylic paints may chip or crack... otherwise.. dare I say.. a sharpie might do the trick (super lazy method and not the best)
I'm not sure which paints are best for flexible plastic though, maybe the ones florists use?

Anyone know when the Joker / Harley 2 pack hits ?

Anyone know when the Joker / Harley 2 pack hits ?

According to previewsworld it's still February 24th. But I assume it will come out sooner than that. I hope the Joker isn't just a repainted (especially shiny) version of the one that's already out. It would be perfect to get a NBA Joker in the set

How do you make your backgrounds SFA? Construction paper? Noob city over here lol

I used strong craft card for my backgrounds. very simple but very effective, especially for these figures. Your displays looks great though! :)

Just picked up my batmobile-it's a beast! Bigger than I thought it'd be. Brings back great memories of the animated series. Good day today,got my hot toys batman returns on its way.
Now where am I going to display them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got BTAS and TNA Batmen, Catwoman and Freeze so far. For Christmas I'm getting Joker, Harley, Robin and Manbat.

I'm hoping to get croc and baby doll for Christmas. They're the only ones I wanted that I haven't bought myself.

I used strong craft card for my backgrounds. very simple but very effective, especially for these figures. Your displays looks great though! :)

Hmm never heard of that. Is that something you can find at a Michael's or Joann's? I've been wanting to do a city background like yours. I was going to make it out of perler beads, but it would take 10's of thousands, which would be pricey and time consuming. Is that also what you made the stair/steps out of? Your display is so awesome, I just want to replicate it lol. Thank you :D

I'm hoping to get croc and baby doll for Christmas. They're the only ones I wanted that I haven't bought myself.

I'll probably get that set in the next month or so. I'm definitely getting the car in January.

Really liked the teddy fluff around the Phantasm idea. Tried it with mine and put a Tech Deck fence and random Michael's Tombstone behind her. Looks cool to me
2j2u4ow.jpg

Yeah, Batman the animated series was all about those two-toned capes! I was so glad that they painted BTAS Batman's cape blue on the inside. If you look closely, the Ra's Al Ghul figure's black cape is painted gray on the inside so . . . they totally could have given phantasm the two tone cape . . . but ooooh well. they apparently had a hard enough time painting batman's teeth white lol

Yep.
I too noticed the missing black paint on the outside of Phantasm's cape ever since it was announced with the proto photos.

only concern would be if that part of the cape is flexible, than acrylic paints may chip or crack... otherwise.. dare I say.. a sharpie might do the trick (super lazy method and not the best)
I'm not sure which paints are best for flexible plastic though, maybe the ones florists use?

I've been thinking how to paint it black too, in a way it would work just like Robin and Batman's capes.
Bats and Robin's capes have the black outside painted, and I wonder which paint DCC used for those, in a way the capes remain flexible and the paint doesn't crack.

Maybe spray paint?

We need help!!! :lol

Just stumbled upon this forum randomly. Looked through about the last 70 pages of this thread, and wow! So many amazing setups! Not to mention that awesome Harley repaint. You guys really make me want to step my display game up! This is the first line of figures I've collected in years, and I'm not very creative when it comes to displays/making background images (Would love to make some cool backgrounds like that Batcave ect)
Anyways, will be coming here regularly now to see everyone's stuff. Thought I may as well post a pic of my setup. I have everything except NBA Mr Freeze. (Never saw him in person, and hate ordering things online)

Any advice for making my display look better would be appreciated! How do you make your backgrounds SFA? Construction paper? Noob city over here lol

I want to make a Gotham display too.

Meanwhile, I've been using part of the packages of Man-Bat and the Batmobile as backgrounds, just like you.
I think it works for now, as, like some people have pointed out here, the beauty of the show was the simplicity in its backgrounds.
The all-black display created with those packages really helps the figures pop out.

Collection.jpg

it's not the inside they painted, it's the outside. I know because my batman lost color there and I also could easy pull on this "rubber" like color film. the cape itself is blue and head, hands and feet are skin color.

Just stumbled upon this forum randomly. Looked through about the last 70 pages of this thread, and wow! So many amazing setups! Not to mention that awesome Harley repaint. You guys really make me want to step my display game up! This is the first line of figures I've collected in years, and I'm not very creative when it comes to displays/making background images (Would love to make some cool backgrounds like that Batcave ect)
Anyways, will be coming here regularly now to see everyone's stuff. Thought I may as well post a pic of my setup. I have everything except NBA Mr Freeze. (Never saw him in person, and hate ordering things online)

ip78l1.jpg

Any advice for making my display look better would be appreciated! How do you make your backgrounds SFA? Construction paper? Noob city over here lol

you! i saw you on deviantART xD i posted a comment there too but let me repeat, great display and collection :)

Back