DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Great news, guys!

I recently sent an e-mail to DCC suggesting they include a sickle as BTAS Scarecrow's accessory, basing him on the episode "Trial".

I explained that BTAS Scarecrow doesn't have a recurrent/obvious accessory like Penguin's umbrella or Catwoman's whip, but that on "Trial" he used a sickle, which has since become a fan-favorite and a classic Scarecrow accessory.

DCC's Kevin Kiniry LOVED the idea. Here's his reply:

Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you.

Love your idea of the sickle as we are always trying to find great accessories for the figures. We don’t have that Scarecrow on our schedule just yet but we are always talking about him!

I’ll pass the info over to Jim Fletcher, our creative director, and see if it sparks some thinking :)

Be well,

Kev

KEVIN KINIRY | Vice President – Creative Services/DC Collectibles

DC Entertainment | A Warner Bros. Entertainment Company

:yess::yess::yess:

View attachment 227517

This is awesome!!

Please ask about BTAS Bane :pray:

I sent them an e-mail recently and got a response just yesterday:

My e-mail: "Hi! I was e-mailing to inquire about your Batman: the Animated Series line. Specifically, I wanted to voice my desire for the ORIGINAL design of TWO-FACE to see a figure sooner rather than later. The original design, to me, is far more human and interesting than the later, New Batman Adventures one. (I feel that it made Harvey Dent too generically 'evil' looking, which missed the whole point of the character!)

If you guys DO get around to him, could you please try to make the Harvey half of his face look...interesting? So many toy makers ignore it in favor of the scarring. And the Animated Harvey Dent had SUCH a distinctive face. It would be SO awesome to finally see a figure that captured the dichotomy between both sides. (Perhaps even have the Harvey half smiling while the 'Big Bad Harv' side snarls?) Have you ever seen the Rogues Gallery Two-Face action figure that DC Direct put out around 2008? It was based on Brian Bolland's art... Anyhow, that figure featured one of the COOLEST Two-Face accessories in the form of his COIN, which came with a clear piece of plastic attached to it, causing it to resemble a mid-flip spiral coming off his thumb. It would be SO much cooler to see something like THAT attempted for B:TAS Two-Face, rather than another variation of the 'melted chocolate dollar' in his palm...

Also: Is there a chance at all that you guys could release a pre-Two-Face Harvey? He had several episodes! Obviously, I'm a Two-Face fanatic. I'd love to even see his 'JUDGE' persona made! (Heck, I'd buy Rupert Thorne, too!) Anyway, thanks for indulging this (lunatic) fanboy. I love the work you all have done on this line so far. I just want to see my favorite version of my favorite character so that I can happily put him on my shelf! Thanks for you time. - [My name.]"

Their response: "Hey [My name],

Good to hear from you and love hearing about your passion for Harvey!

We don’t have specific plans for the first version of Two-Face just yet but he is on our short list of characters to get done.

Hopefully you have been enjoying him in other product we do and the Capullo Designer figure should be hitting stores this month after a bit of a delay. - Kev KEVIN KINIRY | Vice President – Creative Services/DC Collectibles."

So, I didn't really get as satisfying a response, but at least I can say I fought for my dream Two-Face figure in some capacity!

I sent them an e-mail recently and got a response just yesterday:

My e-mail: "Hi! I was e-mailing to inquire about your Batman: the Animated Series line. Specifically, I wanted to voice my desire for the ORIGINAL design of TWO-FACE to see a figure sooner rather than later. The original design, to me, is far more human and interesting than the later, New Batman Adventures one. (I feel that it made Harvey Dent too generically 'evil' looking, which missed the whole point of the character!)

If you guys DO get around to him, could you please try to make the Harvey half of his face look...interesting? So many toy makers ignore it in favor of the scarring. And the Animated Harvey Dent had SUCH a distinctive face. It would be SO awesome to finally see a figure that captured the dichotomy between both sides. (Perhaps even have the Harvey half smiling while the 'Big Bad Harv' side snarls?) Have you ever seen the Rogues Gallery Two-Face action figure that DC Direct put out around 2008? It was based on Brian Bolland's art... Anyhow, that figure featured one of the COOLEST Two-Face accessories in the form of his COIN, which came with a clear piece of plastic attached to it, causing it to resemble a mid-flip spiral coming off his thumb. It would be SO much cooler to see something like THAT attempted for B:TAS Two-Face, rather than another variation of the 'melted chocolate dollar' in his palm...

Also: Is there a chance at all that you guys could release a pre-Two-Face Harvey? He had several episodes! Obviously, I'm a Two-Face fanatic. I'd love to even see his 'JUDGE' persona made! (Heck, I'd buy Rupert Thorne, too!) Anyway, thanks for indulging this (lunatic) fanboy. I love the work you all have done on this line so far. I just want to see my favorite version of my favorite character so that I can happily put him on my shelf! Thanks for you time. - [My name.]"

Their response: "Hey [My name],

Good to hear from you and love hearing about your passion for Harvey!

We don’t have specific plans for the first version of Two-Face just yet but he is on our short list of characters to get done.

Hopefully you have been enjoying him in other product we do and the Capullo Designer figure should be hitting stores this month after a bit of a delay. - Kev KEVIN KINIRY | Vice President – Creative Services/DC Collectibles."

So, I didn't really get as satisfying a response, but at least I can say I fought for my dream Two-Face figure in some capacity!

Oh, man...
I'm completely devasted to know that the original BTAS Two-Face hasn't been planned yet.

Two-Face is my all-time favorite Batman villian, especially his BTAS version.

I'm devasted. Seriously.

Can't believe it.

All I can do now is cry.

Well, at least he's shortlisted... Maybe they'll announce him for early 2017?

Don't worry, his time will come, but this line will pretty much feature everyone and their mom
Though so no worries. I'm curious to see if they could throw in a robin cycle since it could explain his curved than usual legs

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Hell I'd be fine with the Robin Cycle (also Batman's cycle) if they came with sculpted on figures. I'm probably in the minority compared to the over-all market on these figures, but I'd like a Harvey figure as well.

Didn't we have a general Batman Animated collectible thread? Not sure if it got merged with this one.

Just received Diamond's Harley Quinn bust. Don't think I'm going to collect this whole line, but just a few select characters. Have Batman already and like it a lot.

I really want a figure of Bruce and Alfred. Love the performances from Conroy and Efrem Zimbalist in that series. Still the best iterations.

Hell I'd be fine with the Robin Cycle (also Batman's cycle) if they came with sculpted on figures. I'm probably in the minority compared to the over-all market on these figures, but I'd like a Harvey figure as well.

Do you mean Harvey Dent, or Harvey Bullock?

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for a Bullock figure. He was portrayed so well in the show, and I love his dedicated episode "A Bullet For Bullock". He'd look great next to the Gordon figure too.

After the ultimate shock of knowing that BTAS Two-Face is not planned yet, I can totally this for the next wave:

BTAS Poison Ivy
BTAS Ventriloquist/Scarface
BTAS Harvey Bullock
+ someone from TNBA

Ivy and Ventriloquist totally bought right away.
Still don't know if I'd buy Bullock. I do like the character, but don't know if I have enough space for him. :dunno

DSC_0104.jpg
Just arrived!

Quick question tho. Who is number 09 and 17?

What happened to Mad Hatter's flashlight?

The final product doesn't come with it. LMAO

Not that I care about it, but it's just curious, you know? LMAO

DC-Collectibles-BTAS-Mad-Hatter.jpg

"Product may vary from image shown", yes, but still... HAHAHA

I decided to extend my shelf display and add the Batcave too. Not sure if I'm 100% happy with it just yet, I'll see how it looks with fresh eyes in the morning. Had fun making it though :D

I decided to extend my shelf display and add the Batcave too. Not sure if I'm 100% happy with it just yet, I'll see how it looks with fresh eyes in the morning. Had fun making it though :D

nice.

What happened to Mad Hatter's flashlight?

The final product doesn't come with it. LMAO

Not that I care about it, but it's just curious, you know? LMAO

View attachment 227753

"Product may vary from image shown", yes, but still... HAHAHA

Good call. It also says that he was going to come with a card as well as the control panel. He should've had that card, if anything. (just like Joker)

I really would've liked if he came with a headband with the 10/6 card that you could use with another figure.

Back