DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I follow you on YouTube and you guys do such an awesome job reviewing together! Congratulations!

Thank you very much! We appreciate that!

The Robin and Freeze reviews are just me and the younger son (Keaton), but hopefully my older son (Blaze) will have time to get in on the Penguin & Ivy reviews too... Busy schedule of a 13 year old. :)

Sallah

Here is the Batmobile pic I mentioned:

https://instagram.com/p/8GmuQ8vLYx/?taken-by=coheteboy

He has another pic too

Batmobile.jpg

I'm trying to find Mad Hatter again. LMAO

:hi5:

WOW! That Batmobile is the greatest thing ever.

Looks like a snug fit... I wonder what the other side of the box looks like since the side it is sitting on is all black? I am hoping it has art instead of a window... If it has a window, I may need to buy 2 for display since I am doing one packaged and 1 loose. If it was an art box, I could be content with just displaying the empty box...

Sallah

It looks to me like there's no window on the other side judging by the other photo on that Instagram page. Just looks like art on the other side.

Found Mad Hatter unboxed again!

https://instagram.com/p/7oRq0nrte7/?taken-by=kgart82

This guy said he did the articulations of both Mad Hatter and TNBA Bane (photo available too).
So, based on that, I think he does the articulation of all figures and Irene Mattar, the sculpt itself.
He does articulations and is a sculptor of action figures for several companies, based on his profile.

Note that he said on the photo caption that he did the slipt of the coat as a custom, for fun. The figure does not have the split.

Mad Hatter.jpg

The face sculpt looks AMAZING. SO dead on. Much better than the prototype!

Thanks for posting the picture. That looks great! BTW, why does the front head lights are different color between those two?

The other pic he posted with 2 more Batmobiles states that they are all from different stages in the production process.

Sallah

You sure live up to your name, World'sGreatestDetective! :lol Awesome finds and I love that Bane pose!

Found Mad Hatter unboxed again!

https://instagram.com/p/7oRq0nrte7/?taken-by=kgart82

This guy said he did the articulations of both Mad Hatter and TNBA Bane (photo available too).
So, based on that, I think he does the articulation of all figures and Irene Mattar, the sculpt itself.
He does articulations and is a sculptor of action figures for several companies, based on his profile.

Note that he said on the photo caption that he did the slipt of the coat as a custom, for fun. The figure does not have the split.

View attachment 213820

The face sculpt looks AMAZING. SO dead on. Much better than the prototype!

Notice anything **cough**they fixed the cuffs**cough**?

That Batmobile's to die for. I went into my LCS today and saw Penguin and Ivy on the shelves. They look amazing, and I cannot wait to pick them up.

I am only about an hour away from getting my Penguin/ Ivy... And seeing next week's shipping list! I will update the thread with any news...

Sallah

*Casts haste ;)

can't wait for the news and photos (even though we will get it in UK in a month or so after you guys) :)

Got my Penguin/ Ivy! They look SO good!!! I will bust them open and snap a few pics tonight...

Sadly, it looks like no new figures for next week. :( The soonest we may get more is now October 14.

Sallah

You sure live up to your name, World'sGreatestDetective! :lol Awesome finds and I love that Bane pose!

hahaha! Thanks!!
I'm always searching for anything BTAS-related. I use a lot those hashtags I mentioned on Instagram.
It's so cool to see that even after over 20 years, the show is still so influent and hot.

Got my Penguin/ Ivy! They look SO good!!! I will bust them open and snap a few pics tonight...

Sadly, it looks like no new figures for next week. :( The soonest we may get more is now October 14.

Sallah

Great! Can't wait to see the photos!

Maaaan, what a bummer. I was hoping to see Harley shipping next week.
Maybe we'll get new figures every two weeks?

https://www.toychestnews.com/Home/1/1/4/805
It looks like the Batmobile has been moved up to 10/21, but Robin and Harley have been completely removed from the listings now.

Thank you for the heads up!!!
At least, we got a real date for the Batmobile and also Bats and Riddler (both 10/14)!

I'm excited!!!!

Penguin includes a new checklist mini-poster! Nothing new on there unfortunately.... but it is a handy reference for which episode each figure is based on. :)

bmminiposter.jpg

Sallah

^ I love the checklist mini-posters! Those checkboxes are SO nostalgic!

How do you like Penguin so far, Sallah?

Back