DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

You know, September is gone and, once again, DCC delayed the releases.
We were supposed to get 3 figures this month (Harley, Ivy and Robin) and we got 2, with one of them previously planned for October (Penguin). Actually, I don't even count these 2 as Sep, as they'll actually hit shelves in October.

I don't know about you, but I kinda feel "betrayed", as we don't get what we were promised. Plus, several collectors pre-order the figures and ultimately get nothing? What the hell???
It's been what? 5 months since we last got these figures.

I was thrilled that we were getting Batman, Riddler, Penguin and the Batmobile in October and now I don't know what will happen next month.
Not to mention Harley in September... No words as of now.

And what's even worse: they don't even care about explaining this.

I'm bummed about the delays, but ultimately, I'd rather get a good product, than something that'll break out of the package.

I'm bummed about the delays, but ultimately, I'd rather get a good product, than something that'll break out of the package.

Exactly. They really did explain the flip-flop of the waves, juggling the figure dates, and this being a tentative schedule through multiple outlets- Things were going to be mixed up a bit as they switched over production to the new materials in an effort to avoid the QC issues of Wave 1. All the dates they then gave were tentative, all depending on what made it out of production first.

I have no problem with things being a little off if it means better product. And they have been very up front with what is going on with the line.

As for folks preordering and getting nothing... That sounds more the fault of the place that people preordered from and not DC Collectibles? DC Collectibles fulfills orders from retailers placed within the initial ordering time frame. If a store oversells what they initially ordered and then keep taking preorders for product assuming that DCC will just be able to fulfill them, that really isn't DC Collectibles fault. They can't just turn on the machines and make 5 or 10 more to satisfy any orders not placed during the original availability window.... Mass production doesn't work like that.

And Penguin/ Ivy hit tomorrow... Which is September 30. So those will be out in stores in September still.

Last edited:

Here is a couple of photos of Ivy and Penguin that I found online - they look pretty good!

Here is a couple of photos of Ivy and Penguin that I found online - they look pretty good!

Nice! Thanks for the pic!

I really like Ivy's eyes.... Pretty great looking figure overall.

But Penguin is the star here for me. He looks better and better with each new pic... I may be in the minority, but I much prefer the Batman Returns DeVito inspired look of BTAS to the TNBA version. I absolutely cannot wait to get him tomorrow!

Sallah

Waiting for lot's of photos from you Sallah :)

I agree with Sallah!

I LOVE the Batman Returns DeVito-inspired look of BTAS' Penguin.
And this figure is absolutely GORGEOUS and dead on! I'm even starting to like the "real monocle" (clear plastic).

This Ivy figure turned out really beautiful and accurate. Her eyes, as Sallah pointed out, turned out really good - you can see the paint application was done right.
With that in mind, I hope they do a good paint app this time on the new pin-free TAS Catwoman's eyes!

Nice! Thanks for the pic!

I really like Ivy's eyes.... Pretty great looking figure overall.

But Penguin is the star here for me. He looks better and better with each new pic... I may be in the minority, but I much prefer the Batman Returns DeVito inspired look of BTAS to the TNBA version. I absolutely cannot wait to get him tomorrow!

Sallah

You're not alone... I've always hated the NBA re-design of Penguin. The original design is so versatile. He really had a RANGE of expression and was one of the richest characters to see animated. The re-design was just so much blander in comparison, and so much more BORING. Did he even have an episode to himself in the New Batman Adventures? I only recall him having cameos, like in Judgment Day...

To be totally honest, I find this new figure kind of bland-looking, considering how rubbery the Penguin's face was in the show. They went with such a sour, grumpy expression here. And to top it off, they didn't even bother giving him a cigarette holder, something that he was almost never without on the show! (Hell, MATTEL gave the Meredith Penguin a cigarette!) It's really inexcusable to have not given him one.

It's awesome to see all of these in-hand photos in the last few days! I can't wait for Bane and Hatter. Penguin too- actually, all of them. :p
Thanks for the Ivy shot, zelu. :)

Riddler and The Penguin's redesigns in TNBA were the ones I just could not get behind. Joker's too, to an extent. Everybody else was done great. I've said this before, but I generally prefer the TNBA designs over the ones in BTAS. I love the simpler look.

If anyone has a Penguin, could you let us know if he has a modified clear stand or peg holes on the base?

On Instagram, photos of Penguin and Ivy are already starting to pop up.

And... Aaaaaaand: I've seen the BATMOBILE sealed, inside the box. And, guys, it's *****ING AWESOME!!!

Use these hashtags to find them:
#batmantheanimatedseries
#batmananimatedseries
#batmananimated
#batmantas

I've also seen Mad Hatter unboxed there.

Riddler and The Penguin's redesigns in TNBA were the ones I just could not get behind. Joker's too, to an extent. Everybody else was done great. I've said this before, but I generally prefer the TNBA designs over the ones in BTAS. I love the simpler look.

If anyone has a Penguin, could you let us know if he has a modified clear stand or peg holes on the base?

aragen, who first posted a photo of Penguin unboxed here, said he doesn't have peg holes, but stands easily on his own.

Ah, okay. Must have missed that post. Thanks for letting me know.

On Instagram, photos of Penguin and Ivy are already starting to pop up.

And... Aaaaaaand: I've seen the BATMOBILE sealed, inside the box. And, guys, it's *****ING AWESOME!!!

Use these hashtags to find them:
#batmantheanimatedseries
#batmananimatedseries
#batmananimated
#batmantas

I've also seen Mad Hatter unboxed there.

I am seeing Penguin/ Ivy... But nothing else you mentioned. Can you post the Hatter and Batmobile pics here?

Sallah

I agree on TNBA Penguin and Riddler redesign - they are pretty bad. I would also add Poison Ivy to this list and Catwoman.... BTAS were SO MUCH BETTER!

Waiting for lot's of photos from you Sallah :)

Thanks! We have been on a bit of a review hiatus lately just due to school and a new baby, but I started playing catchup this week in anticipation of the new stuff hitting. :) Galleries & reviews for Freeze and Robin should be up soon, followed by Penguin & Ivy.

Sallah

Thanks! We have been on a bit of a review hiatus lately just due to school and a new baby, but I started playing catchup this week in anticipation of the new stuff hitting. :) Galleries & reviews for Freeze and Robin should be up soon, followed by Penguin & Ivy.

Sallah

I follow you on YouTube and you guys do such an awesome job reviewing together! Congratulations!

Back