DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

@batmon85 yes, that's me :D Nice to see you here ^^

As big of a fan as I am. I'm gonna pass on the vinyl set. My plate is full with upcoming offerings. Hope someone here can grab it though!

When they used the good animation house, as they did with episodes like never fear, tnba looked awesome.

I totally agree with you. I TRIED to get used to the change, but... nah....! >__<
so ugly, so dark and it seems like the show lost its heart and soul after changing the style.
the Original BTAS is more... lively?

Yes! Lively!

The character design in TNBA is too cartoonish and poor, making the show look like it had no budget.

It, however, as far as I can remember, had a few good stories (like "Over The Edge" and "Mad Love") that I'd love to watch with the original BTAS design.

Bane creator Chuck Dixon has a deal in place where he always receives any bane toys that are produced. Guess what he just got...

12029591_10153628157234844_6805397209275174692_o.jpg

Wonder if this means he'll be released sooner than thought

Wow! Bane looks AWESOME!

As for TNBA designs... I quite like most of them. Are they as good as BTAS? For the most part, no... But just because they aren't on the same level as BTAS in no way makes them bad in my opinion.

Had BTAS never existed, we'd all probably have zero issues with most of the TNBA designs. It is only when we have the greatness of the original designs to compare them to that they fall short.

For me- Bring 'em all on. This will eventually be the most diverse and awesome Batman toyline ever made.

Sallah

Very clean and perfect paint application on Bane. Awesome job.

Hope all the new figures have this same paint app.

I totally agree with you. I TRIED to get used to the change, but... nah....! >__<
so ugly, so dark and it seems like the show lost its heart and soul after changing the style.
the Original BTAS is more... lively?

Yay :D

Yes! Lively!

The character design in TNBA is too cartoonish and poor, making the show look like it had no budget.

It, however, as far as I can remember, had a few good stories (like "Over The Edge" and "Mad Love") that I'd love to watch with the original BTAS design.

I prefer Penguin from TNBA. Never cared for the Batman Returns styling of him in BTAS.
I also like Batman's new design as much as the old one.
Other than those, I prefer the original designs.

Got the new Penguin! Awesome figure! Wish he had peg holes in his feet for a stand but Oswald stands great on his own!

(Forgive the 7 year old Camera quality)
CIMG3607.JPG

....couldn't resist.
Bickering Birds.jpg

Does the monocle fit / stay in place okay or does it fall off easily?

I want that Penguin so bad!!! He's so cool!!!

Finally a REAL BTAS Penguin figure that actually looks like the one on the show!!!! 23 years later, but ok!!

Texastoys on Amazon has Ivy and Cobblepot right now for 35 bucks, if any of you simply can't wait until they drop to MSRP.

Thanks for the pics!

How is the quality? Feel solid?

Man... Can't wait for Wednesday! Would be nice if the shipping dates all fall into place to give us weekly releases for awhile...

Sallah

you know that mad love actually WAS a BTAS Story? The story is from a Batman Adventures comic drawn in the original BTAS style and was released BEFORE TNBA was released as fas as I know.

Yeah, I know! I have that comic, and I love it so much!

Too bad they did not make a BTAS episode based on that.

Got the new Penguin! Awesome figure! Wish he had peg holes in his feet for a stand but Oswald stands great on his own!

(Forgive the 7 year old Camera quality)
View attachment 213005

....couldn't resist.
View attachment 213007

How, where and when did you get that Penguin??? I canne find him anywhere online a of yet.

Yea I agree. TNBA style ruins it all...

Oh one question. It might be out of topic but does anyone of you know the Year One animated movie?

View attachment 213136

I once saw screenshots while googleing for pictures of our good old BTAS Batz and I thought that the style looked different, but still totally similiar and today in our Saturn I saw the disk and in the credits I've read one name: Bruce Timm!
so please if someone of you knows it, tell me more of it. is it great and can it mess with our beloved hero? (but no spoilers about story content please)

Batman Year One is one of Warner Brothers direct to dvd animated films based on famous comic storylines. They are not based in the DC Animated Universe established in Batman The Animated Series. Bruce Timm usually serves as a producer on these films, not as a designer (except on some occassions like the new Justice League Gods & Monsters). The direct to dvd films are usually loosely based design-wise on the art from the original books they are derived from.

In the case of Batman Year One, the art style is based on the original book's artist David Mazzuchelli, while the story is based on the writing of Frank Miller. It is a fantastic book, and the cartoon adaptation is quite faithful.

Sallah

Back