DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Because that's rrp in Australian Pesos.

I may just do that. Although I honestly can't foresee them refunding the purchase or exchanging/substituting the figure, seeing I am in Australia. It's more than likely they'll just ignore my complaint altogether, but you never know.

What the actual ****! I literally had my BRAND NEW Batman out of the box for all of five seconds and already he is broken in two places: at the right hip and left ankle. God farking damn it! Just blew fifty dollars on him too. So god damn disappointing, that. Kind of makes you reconsider this line, doesn't it.

DC Collectibles has been very communicative and open about the QC issues on Wave 1 (mush more so than I can remember any other toy company being). Once it became apparent that there were issues with the wave, they let folks know they could contact them about replacements... and they took the pretty drastic (and likely costly) step of delaying all the following waves until the issues were completely sorted out. Wave 2 has been mostly problem free from what I have seen online.

Yes, if you buy one of the first wave figures from the original production run, it is a gamble... But they haven't hid that fact, nor are they just sitting on their hands when it comes to fixing things moving forward.

Sallah

Guys, two questions:

1. What's the official release date for TAS Harley Quinn and the other September figures?

2. Has there been any info on TAS Batman's second cape? Just like TAS Robin, I was expecting it to feature an alternative cape.

Thanks!

Although I am pretty excited about the BTAS Batman, after reading all those horrifying posts mad fans did because of broken figures, I do not dare buying even one of those figures until I find news that those issues are REALLY fixed.

Wave 2 was produced after the Wave 1 issues were realized and corrections were put in place. If you search around online, you'll find that there are a few (if any) complaints about QC on those (including Robin, who has joints as tiny as Catwoman's).

Long story very short.... Wave 1 had bad QC due to the materials used. They were made aware of it, offered replacements, and took the necessary steps to improve things moving forward. We have seen the improvements in Wave 2. I don't think it is really fair to keep bashing them for Wave 1's problems at this point. I'm not sure how they could be handling it any better than what they are.

I for one applaud them for how they handled it, and I'll be first in line for all future releases. :)

Sallah

Guys, two questions:

1. What's the official release date for TAS Harley Quinn and the other September figures?

2. Has there been any info on TAS Batman's second cape? Just like TAS Robin, I was expecting it to feature an alternative cape.

Thanks!

1.) Diamond has Harley, Ivy, and Tim drake Robin listed as 9/30... Though that is likely just an estimate. My comic shop gets notifications a week before something arrives definitively, so the minute I see them on the list I will post in this thread. :)

2.) As far as I know, we still haven't seen the second cape. I too am hoping we get a draped over the shoulders look for Batman. :)

I am even more curious how the capes are going to be handled when placing figures in the Batmobile...

Sallah

1.) Diamond has Harley, Ivy, and Tim drake Robin listed as 9/30... Though that is likely just an estimate. My comic shop gets notifications a week before something arrives definitively, so the minute I see them on the list I will post in this thread. :)

2.) As far as I know, we still haven't seen the second cape. I too am hoping we get a draped over the shoulders look for Batman. :)

I am even more curious how the capes are going to be handled when placing figures in the Batmobile...

Sallah

Personally, I think it'd be awesome if the Batmobile included "half capes" for Batman and Robin, to where they could sit without anything being bunched up or, potentially, even damaged, if there were some sort of slot for the capes.

After speaking with Kevin Kiniry & Jim Fletcher at SDCC, I'm pretty sure the capes just stay on while they're in the car. No cropped capes coming...if I remember correctly...getting old sucks.

cannot wait for the car. it looks fantastic but i think i would display it hood open with Batman stood outside it. mainly to avoid any damage to the figures from long term sitting in the cockpit.

in any case, i hope it does incredibly well. Well enough to ensure a Batwing down the road.

Sallah

Thank you for the info, Sallah! I hope to get that draped cape for Bats too!

Personally, I think it'd be awesome if the Batmobile included "half capes" for Batman and Robin, to where they could sit without anything being bunched up or, potentially, even damaged, if there were some sort of slot for the capes.

I'd rather get clothed capes for at least Batman with the Batmobile.

I don't know if you've tried this, but the Kenner clothed cape that came with the first TAS Robin fits PERFECTLY on the new DCC TAS Robin, and it looks awesome.
So, that will be my Robin cape for the Batmobile. I still don't know about Batman, tho.

Yeah kenner never seemed to want to make a black cape with blue lining for Batman even though they gave Robin the yellow lining for his cape.

Yeah kenner never seemed to want to make a black cape with blue lining for Batman even though they gave Robin the yellow lining for his cape.

Closest they came to it was the World's Finest 2-Pack version... It was bigger than the standard cape, with a dark blue exterior and light metallic blue interior.

image.jpg

That is actually one of my favorite Kenner Batman figures. :)

Sallah

After speaking with Kevin Kiniry & Jim Fletcher at SDCC, I'm pretty sure the capes just stay on while they're in the car. No cropped capes coming...if I remember correctly...getting old sucks.

Yeah I remember watching a video from SDCC with Jim saying that the capes just fold underneath the figures in the Batmobile. The cape on TNBA Batman is pretty flexible so it doesn't seem like it'll be a problem to me.

so then you can tell me about your experiences :D

Sure... For the record, so far-

Wave 1- Five sets opened. One Freeze broke. Everything else totally fine after dipping them in warm water for a bit.

Wave 2- Four sets opened. Zero problems (no warm water even needed).

Sallah

Sure... For the record, so far-

Wave 1- Five sets opened. One Freeze broke. Everything else totally fine after dipping them in warm water for a bit.

Wave 2- Four sets opened. Zero problems (no warm water even needed).

Sallah

That's funny, of the five Batmans I opened, four had broken left ankles (even after taking a dip in warm water).

Both of the Batman's I bought also broke at the ankle (and one at the shoulder). But DCD did replace one of them for me, and that one hasn't broken at all - even after countless shelf-dives! So the newer plastic they're using is definitely much stronger.

I have tons of capes from TNBA, could you maybe use one of those and cut it down to size? Bought 4. 3 broke and the dog got hold of the good one.

Nothing on the shipping list for next week... So if Harley, Ivy, and Drake Robin really are coming in September, Diamond might be right on with that September 30 estimate.

Oh... And I don't know if it was confirmed anywhere else, but I asked DC Collectibles if the reissued Batman & Catwoman slated to arrive in December will definitely have the pin holes in the thighs eliminated (as all the replacements sent out by DC with the better plastic have so far still had the pin holes in the upper thighs). Here is their response:

The plan is that they will not have the pin holes if they are the ones that ship out in Dec/Jan. It is only for Catwoman and Batman right now from the first wave. Thanks for checking in.

Very exciting to see it confirmed! I was getting a little sad thinking that the first wave figures would not match the rest of the line...

Sallah

I'd rather know if they would get a different package or other features that make them different from the first releases. I don't want to buy a "new" catwoman and get an old one only because I don't see any differences

You will see the difference - the lack of pin holes in the thighs.

It'll be pretty easy to tell the new and old ones apart.

My comic book shop owner was like "Ooooh i wonder if the original easy-break Wave 1 figures will be worth a lot one day!"

Back