DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Wait what Robin is that coming out in Jan 2016? I thought they already released BTAS Robin? I'm pretty sure I've got it in my closet...I'm gonna have so much coming in October. Hill, Luke Trooper, Han and Chewie, Vader and probably Hulk

Hey there. I found your thread on google and wanted to ask if there are new informations about the quality. I was wishing for my whole life a BTAS Batman figure like this would come and then I read again and again of lacks in coloring or defect articulations and it breaks my heart to read that. I wanted to have such a Figure really my whole life and then this.
I hope you understand that I can't read all of the 347 pages so can you tell me some news?
(Sorry for my english. I am German, but I do my best ^^; )

Bear with me, as I'll try to address as much as I can. The first wave of figures that hit last year was plagued with issues of brittle plastic used within certain joints, and there were also some aesthetic differences, as well, in the form of the drilled holes in each thigh. As of now, the plastic issue has been solved, and all of the batches of first wave figures, as well as the figures in subsequent waves feature the new, stronger plastic, which I can attest has been free of any of the breakage issues, as far as I can tell. However, the presence of the holes in Wave 1 has not yet been altered, but resolicited versions of two of the Wave 1 figures (The New Batman Adventures Batman and Batman: The Animated Series Catwoman) are, from what I've read, supposed to have the holes filled, which will lead to a more cohesive aesthetic that matches with the rest of the line (as all of the figures released since Wave 1 do not have the holes).

From what I've read, there have been some issues of paint rubbing on certain figures, but, from what I can tell, it isn't a widespread issue and almost all of the figures from Series 2, onward, have been problem free. As far as an Animated Series Batman goes, if you're referring to the New Batman Adventures version, your best bet would be to wait for the re-release in December, but, as far as the actual Batman: The Animated Series Batman goes, he's not going to be released until October, and, from what I can tell, it will be a great figure. Here's the full, upcoming schedule, so far:

11731922_10153592740399258_3633853301448263591_o.jpg

The only figures not pictured on that release schedule that have been released so far and are not yet scheduled for re-issues are The Creeper, Mr. Freeze, and Two-Face from The New Batman Adventures, though, as the latter two were part of the problematic first wave, I would wager that they, too, will see a re-release with the aesthetic changes (even though later batches of the original figures have included the new plastic joints, fixing that issue). I hope that helps!

No, that's the TAS Penguin. What's throwing it off is that they decided to put a translucent plastic monocle over a regularly painted eye, as opposed to the distorted and enlarged all white eye/monocle from the show. As far as Man-Bat goes, that's tough to say. I have read some things about his arms, with wings outspread, being too heavy to be supported in the upright standing position, and so they sink down to the sides and, sometimes, fall out of the sockets, due to the weight (though they don't break, as the arms are removable).

My stance on it is that I'll use the wings, if I want to have a horizontal flying pose for Athens figure, by way of some fishing line or something, and use the "wings withdrawn" pair for standard, vertical poses with the rest of the figures.

this looks totally ugly and not faithfull to the original look. hope they change it for later releases (not that I'd buy him then...)

and for man-bat I hope they will re-release it with more lightweight wings or maybe additional standa for them.

Is it sure that the BTAS-Batman will come in october? because I once read something about july and then october and yet another page dated him for november..

You really think Penguin doesn't look faithfull to the show? :horror
Man... I think he looks dead on!! Except, as batfan08 pointed out, for the translucent plastic monocle. But that is minimal, IMO, as we can simply paint it white.

Try watching one of his episodes and have a photo of the prototype next to you.

You can see a good photo of the Penguin prototype at the 2015 Toy Fair here, along with Batman, Riddler and Mad Hatter:
Toy Fair 2015: DC Collectibles Batman the Animated Series (including Video Fly-Bys) - ActionFigurePics.com

I'm really excited to get that Penguin!

I was cleaning the area where my figures are and Two Face took a tumble. Both feet broke clean off. It was my fault for not being more careful but now I'll have to replace it because the feet are too small and I can't get them superglued back on.

hate that. been there many times.

probably best to wait and see if he gets a re issue? like batman and cat woman. better quality plastic, not as brittle.

Well pretty much what we do some times is when we get new figures (like marvel,dc or others) we notice some of the joints are tight or frozen. So we have a trick called the boil water trick, with the hot water (not too hot) we dip the figures joint in for a few seconds to a minute to soften up the plastic so we can wiggle the joint and finally move the joint without fear of ripping or breaking the figure.

^ That certainly is a tease! Looks like a great sculpt too. Hopefully they'll release an unmasked/de-caped version somewhere down the line.

I saw that list earlier today, and while I laughed at number 10, there was a part of me that shook my head and said "too soon, DCC; too soon.":lol

Pardon my ignorance, as I am only just now discovering this wonderfully nostalgic line; but just how many of these figures are currently available? NEW Batman, New Two-face, Grayson Robin, Catwoman, Manbat and Joker - is that correct?

Pardon my ignorance, as I am only just now discovering this wonderfully nostalgic line; but just how many of these figures are currently available? NEW Batman, New Two-face, Grayson Robin, Catwoman, Manbat and Joker - is that correct?

There is also NBA Mr. Freeze and NBA Creeper.

Sallah

Wait. So, only after buying 4 of the original series one figure releases did I learn they they are supposedly re-issuing these "problem" figures less the gawky peg holes. Two-facepalm!

Last edited:

Congratulations to Batman: The Animated Series, which turned 23 years old just five days ago, on September 5!

On September 5, 1992, Fox aired the very first episode of The Animated Series - "The Cat and the Claw", part 1.

What the actual ****! I literally had my BRAND NEW Batman out of the box for all of five seconds and already he is broken in two places: at the right hip and left ankle. God farking damn it! Just blew fifty dollars on him too. So god damn disappointing, that. Kind of makes you reconsider this line, doesn't it.

What the actual ****! I literally had my BRAND NEW Batman out of the box for all of five seconds and already he is broken in two places: at the right hip and left ankle. God farking damn it! Just blew fifty dollars on him too. So god damn disappointing, that. Kind of makes you reconsider this line, doesn't it.

1. Why would you spend $50 on him? He's like $20-25. Batman The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures - Batman - Batman Batman the Animated Series
2. Email customer support ([email protected]) and they will help you if they can. They've been fantastic for people.

Back