DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I'm surprised you didn't ask about the Mad Hatter's backward cuffs, as much as it bugs you. No, but that's awesome news, as, frankly, I can't think of a single way a TAS Batman won't be a huge seller. I actually got an email back, as well. I asked about the thigh holes on the Catwoman and Batman figures, if there were any plans to revisit Freeze and Two-Face, the same way, and if there were any differences in Man-Bat, Robin, and Joker, for those of you who asked.

He said that, while the plan is for Batman and Catwoman to have no holes and better plastic, he said they won't be 100% sure that they're hole free until they get the production figures back. As far as Freeze and Two-Face go, he said they haven't scheduled a second wave, yet, but, if they do, they'll announce it on Facebook, and they, too, will not have hip holes, in the event that there is a second run.

I'm surprised you didn't ask about the Mad Hatter's backward cuffs, as much as it bugs you. No, but that's awesome news, as, frankly, I can't think of a single way a TAS Batman won't be a huge seller. I actually got an email back, as well. I asked about the thigh holes on the Catwoman and Batman figures, if there were any plans to revisit Freeze and Two-Face, the same way, and if there were any differences in Man-Bat, Robin, and Joker, for those of you who asked.

He said that, while the plan is for Batman and Catwoman to have no holes and better plastic, he said they won't be 100% sure that they're hole free until they get the production figures back. As far as Freeze and Two-Face go, he said they haven't scheduled a second wave, yet, but, if they do, they'll announce it on Facebook, and they, too, will not have hip holes, in the event that there is a second run.

HAHAHA!! I totally forgot about Mad Hatter's backward cuffs.
My main focus was on Batman.

But, yes! Man, that thing is crazy. You don't agree?
It's not likeness, painting or anything... Those cuffs are unreal! How and why did they do that?!
It's ridiculous.

And what bugs me most is that it seems as it is "supposed" to be backwards, you know?
See the photos of the prototype: it's backwards, right? At the same time, check his elbows - they are correctly positioned.
So, it's not a matter of swiveling it.

Too bad, Mad Hatter looks amazing as a whole. Love the new figure - dead on likeness...

Is it me, or does Phantasm seem a little too tall..... As in a LOT ??

so in this pack batman will get grapple gun and batarang as well (as shown in TF)?
but some site said batman only come with batarang and 1set of hand. which one is correct?

Technically, Phantasm is too tall. He appears big to everyone he's after but as we all know, she should be shorter.

DCC came with this image with what will be out out for the animated line and it shows the batmobile is on October along with series 4.

11731922_10153592740399258_3633853301448263591_o.jpg

so I think this means it will be out on October.

This is such a useful image, considering how often this line has pushed back release dates. It should be up on every page of this thread, since it's so easy to forget.

I'm looking forward to the September and October waves. Can't wait to get Drake Robin, Ivy, and Batgirl. Of course I'll be getting the other's eventually but those are the ones I'm most excited for. I love TNBA's art style.

I'm excited for Batman, The Batmobile, Riddler and Penguin. I have the TNBA Batman, but anything else I get will most likely be from BTAS. I'm for just waiting them to announce/show Bruce Wayne, BTAS Two-Face and BTAS Mr. Freeze.

I'm excited for Batman, The Batmobile, Riddler and Penguin. I have the TNBA Batman, but anything else I get will most likely be from BTAS. I'm for just waiting them to announce/show Bruce Wayne, BTAS Two-Face and BTAS Mr. Freeze.

Same here! October will be THE month!!
Can't wait!

I really hope they announce BTAS Two-Face and Freeze soon. And also BTAS Ivy and Scarecrow.

Probably the only figure I'll get from this line, but I dig it a lot. Great lines.

(Man-Bat is tempting.)

7c586a8fb01475358ba6f9cfed079f4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Zatanna, really happy they made her.

I do hope they do Superman and Supergirl.

My most wanted would be Poison Ivy from TAS, unmasked Harley from TAS, Batgirl from TAS, Talia al Ghul from TAS and Phantasm unmasked.

Supergirl was actually in an episode of TNBA so I think the chances of getting her are good.

I love Zatanna, really happy they made her.

I do hope they do Superman and Supergirl.

My most wanted would be Poison Ivy from TAS, unmasked Harley from TAS, Batgirl from TAS, Talia al Ghul from TAS and Phantasm unmasked.

I love Zatanna too! I ordered two hahaha.
And yes, Supergirl, TAS Ivy, unmasked Harley, Talia and unmasked Phantasm would be lovely!

I wonder if we will get Bruce Wayne, Barbara Gordon and **** Grayson.

I'm sure we will get both Bruce and ****, probably Barbara as well :)

really excited for the bat mobile in this line. i haven't picked up any figures yet, but the bat mobile is not to be missed especially at this scale. I'm sure once in hand a deluge of figure purchases will follow. I'm already eyeing harley and of course btas batman.

If we get a Batwing, I'd like to see them pack it with Alfred in his Cardigan and Pilot's Helmet from "The Forgotten."

I emailed DC Collectibles about the possibility of seeing Bruce Wayne in the line, here's the reply I got back:

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are big fans of the animated series as well. It does feel that we need to do a Bruce Wayne doesn’t it? We have been talking about how to introduce him into the line so stay tuned as we figure out what that may be!

Was that mysterious enough for you :)

Be well and keep checking our Facebook page and DCComics.com

Kev

I love their customer service, how they interact with their customers and how they work to improve the figures based on customer feedback.

They really are amazing. A lot of companies would probably just tell you to go through their "Ask DC Collectibles" line, like everyone else, but, ever since they opened up that email line, their communication has been stellar, and they really do go above and beyond when it comes to communicating with fans. Plus, they still keep the "Ask DC Collectibles" Q+As going. Which brings me to my next point, in that it seems that they are going to expand into the other corners of the DCAU. Hopefully, we get some peeks at NYCC in October. Here's what they actually said:

Hey, hey, DC Collectors! Yes, it’s been a while since our last “Ask DC Collectibles,” but rumors of the column’s demise are greatly exaggerated. No, we’ve just been busy designing and developing next year’s amazing collectibles. However, we received a bunch of great comments on Facebook from our San Diego Comic-Con recap and wanted to respond to some of the questions. So let’s get to it!

With every “Ask DC Collectibles” column, we receive a bunch of favorite character requests. We get it and we always appreciate the feedback, but we also don’t like to spoil things too early, saving our reveals mostly for NY Toy Fair and San Diego Comic-Con. But we can tell you this: We will continue the Batman Animated Series line and it will lead into lines from other DC Animated series (specifically the ones with the same design aesthetic as The New Batman Adventures…but no spoilers!).

Also of interest for anyone getting into their icons line: apparently, they'll be releasing accessory packs in 2015, so, it seems like they're really going all out, when it comes to being "collector friendly."

They really are amazing. A lot of companies would probably just tell you to go through their "Ask DC Collectibles" line, like everyone else, but, ever since they opened up that email line, their communication has been stellar, and they really do go above and beyond when it comes to communicating with fans. Plus, they still keep the "Ask DC Collectibles" Q+As going. Which brings me to my next point, in that it seems that they are going to expand into the other corners of the DCAU. Hopefully, we get some peeks at NYCC in October. Here's what they actually said:

Also of interest for anyone getting into their icons line: apparently, they'll be releasing accessory packs in 2015, so, it seems like they're really going all out, when it comes to being "collector friendly."

That's pretty awesome. I hope we see something in October as well.

Sorry, had to mop up some drool. Can't wait for a Superman, Lois, Turpin, and Luthor!

I imagine we'll see Bruce Wayne as part of a two-pack of some sort.

Back