DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Harley's eyelids should be white, as they are in the show.

They "forgot" to paint them... They're black on the prototype/photos.

Minor detail. It'll take me 5 minutes to paint it. :)

That Harley looks way too short! I hope it's just the photo...

Its not short but the figure does look remedial. From this picture it looks like they need to go back to the drawing board with her.

DCC came with this image with what will be out out for the animated line and it shows the batmobile is on October along with series 4.

11731922_10153592740399258_3633853301448263591_o.jpg

so I think this means it will be out on October.

:clap

I have most of these on order from BBTS and a good chunk of them all have October, I was like that can't be so :lol Great to know when each will be shipping now.

just got, drooling now

Hey guys, I was wondering will if the other re-releases (aside from TNBA Bats and Catwoman) will have "improvements" over the original releases or are they kept the same? Thanks!

Last edited:

Hey guys, I was wondering will if the other re-releases (aside from TNBA Bats and Catwoman) will have "improvements" over the original releases or are they kept the same? Thanks!

I don't know how they could improve them, really, unless Man-Bat has some different joints to better handle the weight distribution of his wings (I saw a few complaints about his wings not being able to stay upright,. As for Joker, a couple people complained about paint chipping, but it was nothing widespread, as far as I know, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Joker, Man-Bat, and Robin releases are purely for fans who missed out.

Had paint chipping on jokers head, but not to fussed about it, as it still a great figure.
Batman's leg pin holes are a little annoying, but once the reissue arrives i will replace anyway and maybe use with the batmobile .
Im at work atm and cant remember but 2 more figures had leg pin's that were there but better covered.
Other than that, they are everything that a fan could hope for

I don't know how they could improve them, really, unless Man-Bat has some different joints to better handle the weight distribution of his wings (I saw a few complaints about his wings not being able to stay upright,. As for Joker, a couple people complained about paint chipping, but it was nothing widespread, as far as I know, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Joker, Man-Bat, and Robin releases are purely for fans who missed out.
Is the Manbat wing a common fault or just random figures? That one is put aside at a local store, i may cancel and wait for reissue.

I find DCC's paint application to be too inconsistent from figure to figure.

I know it's a commom thing in the world of action figures, but DCC is the worst of them.

Seriously, I've seen horrible painting on Joker's teeth. Too many of them has the red of the lips bleeding over the teeth and the teeth lines crooked.

I was lucky to have 6 figures in hand to pick one. And, trust me, only ONE was 100% perfect - the one I got, of course.

That the sucky thing about where i live, 5 hours to get to the store that sells the stuff, and i think they dont allow in store vists as it a online warehouse :-( It is always a hit and miss now for me. Gonna have to check those teeth again now, damn you :)

That the sucky thing about where i live, 5 hours to get to the store that sells the stuff, and i think they dont allow in store vists as it a online warehouse :-( It is always a hit and miss now for me. Gonna have to check those teeth again now, damn you :)

I highly recommend you to do that!
Check his teeth/lips before buying.

For curiosity: go to Google and search for joker "dc collectibles" "animated series". Look at the photos from reviews.
Horrible, horrible paint application.

Cheers, sadly i have no chance to check anything i get, i have only online shops for choices (ive just check the local store and they dont allow vists).
I checked google for photos before i brought, not a big thing for me, im using these as displays and i will keep boxed the reissues for batman and joker

Looks like the saturation was digitally increased to make the figure more noticeable when scrolling through a page full of different toys.

I highly recommend you to do that!
Check his teeth/lips before buying.

For curiosity: go to Google and search for joker "dc collectibles" "animated series". Look at the photos from reviews.
Horrible, horrible paint application.

Jokers teeth thank god are fine

DCC's Jim Fletcher is a guest on the latest BTAS Podcast. He talks about the animated series figure line and even gives a few tiny hints at what characters could be coming. From his reaction and answer to one question, I'd say Kyodai Ken sounds like a definite. He also seemed happy about the idea of a second bandaged head for the BTAS Two-Face.

Here's a link to the iTunes podcast:

iTunes - Podcasts - Batman: The Animated Podcast by Justin Michael

I got a reply to my e-mail (regarding BTAS Batman's head sculpt) from DCC's Kevin Kiniry!!!!

In my e-mail, I pointed out what we felt is wrong about Batman's head and sent him a bunch of photos of Kenner's Combat Belt Batman and the new DCC Batman, comparing both, and also a couple of stills of the actual Batman on the show. I also mentioned how beloved Combat Belt Batman is.

"Thanks for the e-mail. It is always great to hear from fans of the Batman Animated series like ourselves.

The interesting thing about the sculpting for the Batman animated figures is how different the character looked in each frame of the animation. Because of the inconsistencies there, we went back to the original model sheets from WB Animation to see what their intended look of the character would be. So if you notice differences like the ears on Batman, it is most likely because we went back to the source material to get the definitive look of the character.

We like hearing from you and the other fans and so if the figure is so popular, we may do a future version that looks closer to the Kenner toy.

Thanks again and be well,

Kevin"

Back