DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Direct 1:6?

I have all the Bat-related characters and I think they're great. The Black/Gray Batman is a ballin' figure.

Semi-Necro FTW!

I picked up the DC Direct Superman Classic the other day ($62 shipped off evilBay) to fulfill my need for a 1/6 (or, in this case, slightly larger than 1/6) Superman. I'm thrilled with it. The costume is very nice and I like the head sculpt... the paint job is a bit simple but for comic Supes I think it works well.

The body is not as bad as I expected after hearing about some of the issues with this line. I haven't tried to pose him too extremely yet because I don't want to rip up the costume, but it's very easy to get him into a good "heroic standing" pose, with his hands on his hips or otherwise posed to wreck havoc on some unlucky thug.

I have a couple nitpicks - the boot zippers in back are a tad big, the head articulation could be better (it doesn't want to til up or down at all), but I can overlook all of them except one. Those $@#% cut bicep joints. Seriously, if DC Direct had done the arms better this would be completely awesome. But those $@#% cut biceps make any pose where you have to rotate his arms (such as the hands on hip pose) look a little off. I could seriously kill whoever at DCD made that stupid decision.

Even with that one flaw, it's a beautiful figure and displays quite well. If you're any kind of Superman fan and have the chance to pick one of these up in the $60-$75 range I think it's well worth it.

Pardon the lousy pics. The last pic is with the flash to show the uniform closer to its true color, it looks too dark in the other pics.

Superman1.jpg

Superman2.jpg

Superman3.jpg

not too bad actually. maybe someone had modded and taken this headsculpt and put it on the hot toys superman returns one? or vice versa.

If ever I do start on collecting this line, I'll be very selective.
This one's an epic fail:

DCD110BatmanBeyond13.jpg

I'm tempted to buy the Batman Beyond since it is dropping in price on ebay just to get the parts cheap. I'll buy it if it hits $20.

Jediknight - This line really isn't so bad. I think what makes the line bad is the poor choice of cutting into the biceps for articulation and the poor paint job on all figures and the price.
The price - just wait on e-bay or amazon for the prices to drop, sometimes you get them for half off, the most I've gotten is 65% off for Two-face.
The paint job - if you are good at customizing, you can paint the faces and the excellent sculpt underneath will jump out.

Scale-wise it's not so bad since they are enough figures from DC that will make them stand on their own. Here's a picture of my group. I'm pretty happy with most of them except for the wonderwoman face, not because of the sculpt but the transluscent material they used that really destroys the shadows on the face but a good paint job will make it look good.

Picture103.jpg

Jediknight - This line really isn't so bad. I think what makes the line bad is the poor choice of cutting into the biceps for articulation and the poor paint job on all figures and the price.
The price - just wait on e-bay or amazon for the prices to drop, sometimes you get them for half off, the most I've gotten is 65% off for Two-face.
The paint job - if you are good at customizing, you can paint the faces and the excellent sculpt underneath will jump out.

Scale-wise it's not so bad since they are enough figures from DC that will make them stand on their own. Here's a picture of my group. I'm pretty happy with most of them except for the wonderwoman face, not because of the sculpt but the transluscent material they used that really destroys the shadows on the face but a good paint job will make it look good.

I agree. The biceps are just really noticeable on Supes because of his costume, and I suspect that holds true for some others. Still, if I can keep picking these up in the $60-$70 range for the big names and less for the others (Batgirl, etc.) I suspect I'll be adding a few more to keep Supes company.

That's a nice setup you have there too. :rock

you just have to be patient. The golden age flash was hard to find and when it was posted it was usually around the 70 to 80 price range. I got it for 50 with free shipping. My top price for any figure I want is usually 60 or 65 with shipping included. I only paid full price for Supes, Batman, Green Lantern and Luthor.
You're right about the biceps articulation showing up on any skin tight costumes.

The tough ones to get cheap are going to be KC Superman and the GA Green Lantern. Their listings stated that they were going to be "made to order" or something. So they probably won't be produced as much as the past offerings. The cheapest I've paid is $20 for a Dr Manhatten from Amazon and added a paperback book I wanted to get the free shipping deal. The most was $70 for the Green Arrow.

The tough ones to get cheap are going to be KC Superman and the GA Green Lantern. Their listings stated that they were going to be "made to order" or something. So they probably won't be produced as much as the past offerings. The cheapest I've paid is $20 for a Dr Manhatten from Amazon and added a paperback book I wanted to get the free shipping deal. The most was $70 for the Green Arrow.

Agreed on KC Supes, I'll be dropping a preorder on him. I've also toyed with the idea of trying to work some cotton into my Supe's outfit to try to even out the bicep cut joint... I'd have to futz with it every time I reposed it but I wonder if I could disguise the cut a little bit.

I like the fact that these figures exist at all. I wish Marvel would do some 12" size comic figures. I love what Hot Toys is doing with movie characters but, I really want some 1/6 scale comic versions fo Spidey and Captain America. Not a fan of the 12" Marvel Megos either.

Made to order? Is that because they aren't doing as well as they had wanted?

That new Batman looks sweet! Hopefully DCD has made the necessary changes to the bodies to really improve them.

Oh Snap!!! just when I thought I got out, they drag me back in!! KC Superman, Alan Scott GL and now this awesome looking Ross Batman. This looks even better than the the statue. I see they lengthened the leather cape. Cool! I always thought the original was too short when being posed. the only thing I want to know is whether the boots are molded rubber. It sure looks like it and I am afraid it would severely limit movement if the rubber is too thick. I don't think the modification refers to the changes on mid-muscle articulation more to the face sculpt but who knows.
DCD - you just need to change that stupid bicep cut articulation. That's the worst cut of all. Just ONE change. Do it and see the sales increase like crazy.

I passed on the KC Supes and I'll pass on the Bats too.

I am looking to streamline and there are just two more that have been released that I am going after right now...Wonder Woman and AS Green Lantern(has he been released yet?)

Just picked up Jay Garrett Flash today actually for $50 bucks on the bay.:banana

I just checked this out earlier today & I must say, I almost cried tears of joy!:monkey2

you know its funny......so many collectors bash DCD yet secretly collect it. so many rake DCD over the coals yet still fill their shopping carts with the product and create gallery after gallery. I have every last one of these gems & as far as I can tell, will continue to buy them.

DCD is not with out their faults but in no way deserve the bashing so many dish out.

Back