DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Direct 1:6?

I sure hope this is what happens. The decision to make these 13" so that they can stand out was a poorly conceived one. DC characters would stand out just fine in true 1/6 scale.

13" for this line was perhaps the worst "1:6" decision ever conceived other than diamond's election to go 1:4 crap Trek line in lieu of SFM's 1:6.
DC in true 1:6, with a heroic body, could easily have taken off in this market. They had to create that horrible cut joint body anyway, why not create an aesthetically pleasant, working, articulate body that would have pleased everyone (or as best it could) AND had customizers buying them just for bashes?
DC = BIG OOPS!

DC in true 1:6, with a heroic body, could easily have taken off in this market. They had to create that horrible cut joint body anyway, why not create an aesthetically pleasant, working, articulate body that would have pleased everyone (or as best it could) AND had customizers buying them just for bashes?
DC = BIG OOPS!

Very true, even at the higher price point if these changes had been made I would have been in for a large number of their figures.

Still, here's to hoping HT gets a shot (and wants to pursue it) at the comic versions :rock

The line has been pretty successful, so I don't think you can say the size and design of the body were a mistake. But here's hoping HT takes over.

I think any figure line that has 35 figures to its credit can't be considered a failure by any means. Not to mention that only a few of the figures at the tailend weren't selling well at retail and while the line itself isn't supporting itself in the secondary market, the majority of owners paid close to retail for them.

I would love HT to pick these up but my only fear is that where the DCD line has large gaps still as extensive as it was that HT wouldn't even get as far as DCD once had.

Looks like I missed a few. Here is the list according to their official site.

1. 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE: CATWOMAN Action Figure
  2. 1:6 SCALE DELUXE: V FOR VENDETTA (MOVIE) Deluxe Collector Figure
  3. AQUAMAN 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  4. BATGIRL 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE FIGURE
  5. BATMAN (CLASSIC) 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  6. BATMAN 13" DELUXE Collecter Figure
  7. BATMAN BEGINS 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
  8. BATMAN BEYOND 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  9. BIZARRO 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
  10. BLACK CANARY 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  11. CATWOMAN (CLASSIC) 1:6 SCALE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  12. GREEN ARROW 13" DELUXE Collecter Figure
  13. GREEN LANTERN 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
  14. GREEN LANTERN CORPS 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  15. HARLEY QUINN 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  16. LEX LUTHOR 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
  17. MARTIAN MANHUNTER 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE Action Figure
  18. NIGHTWING 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR Action Figure
  19. POWER GIRL 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  20. ROBIN 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  21. SGT. ROCK 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  22. SHAZAM! 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR Action Figure
  23. SINESTRO 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  24. SUPERGIRL 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  25. SUPERMAN 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
  26. SUPERMAN CLASSIC 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR Action Figure
  27. SUPERMAN RETURNS: SUPERMAN 13" DELUXE Collector Figure
  28. THE DARK KNIGHT BATMAN 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  29. THE DARK KNIGHT THE JOKER 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  30. THE FLASH 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  31. THE FLASH: GOLDEN AGE 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  32. THE JOKER 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  33. THE SANDMAN (ABSOLUTE EDITION) 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  34. THE SPIRIT (MOVIE) 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  35. TWO-FACE 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE Action Figure
  36. WATCHMEN MOVIE: RORSCHACH 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figure
  37. WATCHMEN MOVIE: THE COMEDIAN 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  38. WATCHMEN MOVIE: DR. MANHATTAN 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figure
  39. WONDER WOMAN 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  40. ZATANNA 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE

Sure it did well, but so do the crappy DCD figures :lol

I'm just saying that if they had gone with a more universal 1/6 scale the sales would have probably been improved. Could be wrong, but I know the odd size was the major reason I stayed away.

DCD 6" figures are mixed bag. Some of them are fantastic, better sculpted than even some of the 12" from other lines even Sideshow and some look like they've been out in the sun for a week before being packaged.

I just received the Golden Age Flash, and I must say he looks pretty good. I like the new head style DCD is using on him, it gives the skin a more natural tone (like Hot Toys does). The eyes should be painted more realistic, so the paint apps would look more polished, but overall I'm happy with the direction DCD is going with the deluxe figures. Here's some pics of Golden Age Flash and another Batgirl I picked up to customize:

BatgirlBelt.jpg

BatgirlsSupergirl.jpg

ClassicFlash.jpg

FlashFace.jpg

FlashFaceProfile.jpg

Cool pix. I just saw the GA Flash in a comic shop today. Nice figure. Overpriced at $99 though. I've seen them on ebay for $70. I have the 2nd Batman, Green Arrow, Shazam, and 1st GL. Really want to see more golden age characters. Can't wait to see Alan Scott. Would love a Dr Fate figure.

If DCD needs to "reinvent" these, how about going with Alex Ross styled heads? I would buy another Batman with the head and cape based on Alex Ross art. Same with Superman. They wouldn't even have to change the bodies or uniforms, except for the Batman cape. I really want one that lays over the shoulders.

The started off as kind of an unofficial Alex Ross line. If you look at a lot of the earlier ones especially the big ticket JLA members they are all Alex Ross design copies. Batman and Superman's first versions are just like the large Alex Ross posters that came out a few years back.

I hope we get a Dr. Fate but I have my doubts. If I can get modern Kyle, modern Guy and John Stewart out of this line I'll be happy. Another weird thing is that you get headsculpts that you can't do anything with. For example I have three of the GLA Corps figures so I have spare Hal heads but there isn't blank bodies or even things to kitbash due to the scale.

Some of the latest DCD Deluxe figures I've picked up recently:

WWGAZanna.jpg

I'm impressed with Green Arrow too. I figured I'd finally pick him up and didn't realize he came with about 30 arrows and a collapsable bow.

Looks like I missed a few. Here is the list according to their official site.

1. 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE: CATWOMAN Action Figure
  2. 1:6 SCALE DELUXE: V FOR VENDETTA (MOVIE) Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]AQUAMAN 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]BATGIRL 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE FIGURE
    [*]BATMAN (CLASSIC) 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]BATMAN 13" DELUXE Collecter Figure
  3. BATMAN BEGINS 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
  4. BATMAN BEYOND 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  5. BIZARRO 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]BLACK CANARY 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  6. CATWOMAN (CLASSIC) 1:6 SCALE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]GREEN ARROW 13" DELUXE Collecter Figure
  7. GREEN LANTERN 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]GREEN LANTERN CORPS 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]HARLEY QUINN 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  8. LEX LUTHOR 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]MARTIAN MANHUNTER 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE Action Figure
  9. NIGHTWING 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR Action Figure
    [*]POWER GIRL 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]ROBIN 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  10. SGT. ROCK 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]SHAZAM! 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR Action Figure
    [*]SINESTRO 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*] SUPERGIRL 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]SUPERMAN 13" Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]SUPERMAN CLASSIC 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR Action Figure
  11. SUPERMAN RETURNS: SUPERMAN 13" DELUXE Collector Figure
  12. THE DARK KNIGHT BATMAN 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
  13. THE DARK KNIGHT THE JOKER 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]THE FLASH 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]THE FLASH: GOLDEN AGE 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*] THE JOKER 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
    [*]THE SANDMAN (ABSOLUTE EDITION) 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  14. THE SPIRIT (MOVIE) 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
  15. TWO-FACE 13" DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE Action Figure
  16. WATCHMEN MOVIE: RORSCHACH 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figure
  17. WATCHMEN MOVIE: THE COMEDIAN 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]WATCHMEN MOVIE: DR. MANHATTAN 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]WONDER WOMAN 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure
    [*]ZATANNA 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE
I didn't realize I already have so many of these figures. I have all the figures in bold, including the Batgirl variant.

I love this line and fully support it! I have every last one except for 1st issue GL (the re-issue is the exact same fig for a lot less), and variant Bat girl who I plan on getting at a future date. I will also be getting Zatanna the 1st week of December.

If I could force just one change on this line it would be too the women's feet. They need an inclined arch so that their feet will fit a high heel shoe or boot. My 2nd request would be to get rid of the thigh cuts in both male and female buck.

Oh yeah, one more thing about HT doing the JL. I'm all for it myself, but what we should all keep in mind is the fact that HT does its best work when sculpting a REAL LIFE actor. If HT takes over the League then HT will be sculpting a toon's or comics likeness.

Don't cry foul if you finally get what you wish for and the head sculpt detail is some what..............wanting.

Oh yeah, one more thing about HT doing the JL. I'm all for it myself, but what we should all keep in mind is the fact that HT does its best work when sculpting a REAL LIFE actor. If HT takes over the League then HT will be sculpting a toon's or comics likeness.

Don't cry foul if you finally get what you wish for and the head sculpt detail is some what..............wanting.

More JL the better for me. I'd be happy if HT, Medi, or even SS made them. Except in the case of Medi, the head would probably be the only good thing (being that they excel at animated sculpts, but the bodies look like crap in most cases [DBZ is an exception]).

Some of the latest DCD Deluxe figures I've picked up recently:

WWGAZanna.jpg

I'm impressed with Green Arrow too. I figured I'd finally pick him up and didn't realize he came with about 30 arrows and a collapsable bow.

Great pic. I was wondering if somone was going to replace WW's head with a Zatanna one. Looks much better.

I, too, like the DC 13's. The body design is heroic in stature and the price, like someone has said, can gotten at 30% to 50% off if you're patient. The only thing that truly bothers me is the mid-muscle cut in articulation. It wasn't even necessary since they could just as easily made the separation between the deltoids and the biceps.

Hi everyone.. I recently discovered the value of the DC Direct 13" figures for a collector, as the big guns of 1:6 (Hot Toys, Enterbay, Sideshow) do not manufacture comic-based likeness of DC characters that much.

Is it too late to start building a collection of DC Direct 13" figures? :( And is it possible to get an average price for a DC Direct 13" figure? I checked in eBay, and most of them still sell in the high $60s. :(

I'm selling my flash and aquaman for $45 each if you want it. Send me a PM.

Back