DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Direct 1:6?

He mentions an upcoming Alan Scott - but pretty much says the line is dying down. I think it's time to do a list thread of who they still need to do in this line.

Alan Scott should be impressive with all the clothing but he wasn't the next GL I was hoping for. I was really hoping to get John Stewart or the modern Kyle Rayner next.

I'd go for all the Teen Titans (although they need a teen girl body):
Kid Flash
Aqua Lad
Wonder Girl (Troy)
Raven
Speedy

I'd love the original TT as well although I have my doubts it'd happen out of that list I think I'd want Wonder Girl and Kid Flash the most.

Hawkman
Hawkgirl

Not including a Hawkman in this line would be a huge mistake. That figure would look phenomenal, although I could do without a Hawkgirl.

Black Adam
Captain Marvel Jr.
Mary Marvel

Out of these I think the only one that has a shot is Black Adam in all honesty.

Dr. Midnite
Hourman (Rex Tyler)

I'd be shocked if these two came to pass.

Booster Gold

No chance in hell of happening. I really believe that.

Guy Gardner
Star Sapphire

Guy has a chance but I think Star Sapphire is a longer shot not to mention that the with the line winding down it seems like another body isn't likely and the modern incarnation has a lot skin showing...

Brainiac
Doomsday
Mongul
Darkseid

Brainiac is possible, at least the classic version with the labcoat but the modern versions probably won't happen. Doomsday isn't going to happen, Mongul and Darkseid are in the same boats because the bodies are huge and it won't happen.

Mr. Miracle

I'd be shocked if this happens.

Batwoman (new one)
Hush
Riddler
Penguin

Seriously doubt all of these.

Etrigan
Starman (Ted Knight and Jack Knight)

I don't think these are at the top of the lists as well either.

I think there's enough to keep it going for a while...

There is more than enough especially considered there are incarnations that haven't been done and stuff teased from years ago like a Composite Superman or specific storyline pieces that were teased like a Red Son Superman or Gotham by Gaslight Batman, etc. This line could go ten maybe fifteen years if you really look at a conservative release schedule and all the figures yet undone.

If I can get the leaders from all the different Corps like Saint Walker or Larfreeze (although SS from the Violet tribe is probably unlikely like I stated above) and some of the modern GLs like John, Guy and Kyle I'll be happy although I am speaking from a Green Lantern fan standpoint of course. I would like to see them offering up the Justice Society members and even some of the classic Golden Agers would be nice but I have a feeling that we are seeing the last days of this formatting.

Alan Scott should be impressive with all the clothing but he wasn't the next GL I was hoping for. I was really hoping to get John Stewart or the modern Kyle Rayner next.

I'd love the original TT as well although I have my doubts it'd happen out of that list I think I'd want Wonder Girl and Kid Flash the most.

Not including a Hawkman in this line would be a huge mistake. That figure would look phenomenal, although I could do without a Hawkgirl.

Out of these I think the only one that has a shot is Black Adam in all honesty.

I'd be shocked if these two came to pass.

No chance in hell of happening. I really believe that.

Guy has a chance but I think Star Sapphire is a longer shot not to mention that the with the line winding down it seems like another body isn't likely and the modern incarnation has a lot skin showing...

Brainiac is possible, at least the classic version with the labcoat but the modern versions probably won't happen. Doomsday isn't going to happen, Mongul and Darkseid are in the same boats because the bodies are huge and it won't happen.

I'd be shocked if this happens.

Seriously doubt all of these.

I don't think these are at the top of the lists as well either.

There is more than enough especially considered there are incarnations that haven't been done and stuff teased from years ago like a Composite Superman or specific storyline pieces that were teased like a Red Son Superman or Gotham by Gaslight Batman, etc. This line could go ten maybe fifteen years if you really look at a conservative release schedule and all the figures yet undone.

If I can get the leaders from all the different Corps like Saint Walker or Larfreeze (although SS from the Violet tribe is probably unlikely like I stated above) and some of the modern GLs like John, Guy and Kyle I'll be happy although I am speaking from a Green Lantern fan standpoint of course. I would like to see them offering up the Justice Society members and even some of the classic Golden Agers would be nice but I have a feeling that we are seeing the last days of this formatting.

I'm sure you're right - especially at the prices they charge, people aren't likely to buy 3rd stringers like Booster or Etrigan. Really in my list the only ones I'd really think might be likely are Hawkman and Gardner. The GL thing seems to be working for DCD at the moment.

Yeah the GL licenses have some real steam thanks to the great storylines in recent times and the hype around the film coming. The fear is that we'll get one but not the other. I would like a classic Garner with bowl haircut but would prefer a modern. Same with Stewart because I like the differences between the costumings. As for Kyle there are so many different costumings from his origins suit, to his Ion costuming to Parallax to the modern that we'll never see all of those. So I'd be happy with the most modern.

As much steam as the GL license has I still say we only get three or four figures from that camp in this format still. I think we'll see other colored lanterns before seeing more GLs and I would love at least one Black Lantern in the mix.

The top figure I want right now is Hal Jordan Parallax but I think that is probably not going to happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Kingdom Come figures if they were taking request lists.

This line is really weird in terms of holding power. I just got a 1:6 Sinestro (one of the lines best figures from a lot of collector's standpoints) for $7.00 on eBay from a Comic Book shop. The shipping was $20.00 so it came out to almost $30 but that is way below MSRP in all reality. Maybe this line is in its last days.

It has to be because of the size difference as most of the figures are really well done other than the cut joints on the bodies.

I love the line on it's own but they just don't fit in with any other lines. Had they went with the 12" standard, maybe they would be bigger sellers and hold their value better.

I know I would have bought more if they were 12" figures... too many things added up against them.

His point was that they've "made everyone that people would want to see".
But, thats not always the case. Often its the company "thinking" that way. As you yourself have pointed out, there still are "core" heroes not yet done. Like Sideshow thinking they had completed POTA, Buffy,UM, Highlander.... ALL lines that the fans would differ with SS on the topic of core characters being done.
It has to be because of the size difference as most of the figures are really well done other than the cut joints on the bodies.

I love the line on it's own but they just don't fit in with any other lines. Had they went with the 12" standard, maybe they would be bigger sellers and hold their value better.

These are the two biggest reasons for my not continuing it. Sad, when you stop and think about it. DC could have doubled their money by making the heroes line in true 1:6. More folks may have bought them to add to their collections AND customizers would have welcomed a more heroic 1:6 body.

The thing that is keeping it down is the MSRP. I love a lot of these figures but they aren't worth what they are charging and the fans know it, a lot of them like myself pick them up dirt cheap on the secondary market.

I listened to the interview yesterday. Georg doesn't sound like he is saying the line is over but ready for something different to push new life in it. He said he feels they've done everyone who they think needs to be done and are ready for a change. He also said that he isn't sure what that change is.

Last edited:

The change should be to drop the MSRP down at least $30-40.:lol

I have a feeling they might offer up two packs with costumes we've never seen before. Like Bob Kane Batman or maybe even stuff from the animated features like Hal Jordan from First Flight.

If they go down to 12" that means new body and I have a feeling it'd mean a higher pricepoint not lower.

Who knows, maybe that is their cue that they'll lease out the license to Hot Toys like Hasbro did to Sideshow with Star Wars and GI Joe.

I have a feeling they might offer up two packs with costumes we've never seen before. Like Bob Kane Batman or maybe even stuff from the animated features like Hal Jordan from First Flight.

If they go down to 12" that means new body and I have a feeling it'd mean a higher pricepoint not lower.

Who knows, maybe that is their cue that they'll lease out the license to Hot Toys like Hasbro did to Sideshow with Star Wars and GI Joe.

Or they could also reach an agreement with Hot Toys to buy and use their bodies therefore eliminating the cost of making new bodies themselves.

I wouldn't put it past DCD to redo the line in its entirety. Let's look at DCD's history with lines other than their action figures. In the realm of 3 inch scale we have had Pocket Heroes (most of all the main characters made) which then morphed into the MiniMates line. With all the good characters mined DCD now shifts to Blamiods (which look stupid by the way). The statue and bust lines show the same trend. Once a certain amount of characters are made in a format DCD switches to something new be it style or scale.
So I can see DCD doing a 9 inch scale or true 12 inch scale with this line. Do I want to see it? I don't know. There are characters I want to see in the 13'' line like Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Alan Scott, Wildcat, Dr. Mid-Night and a few others but the sad thing is they take up a lot of real estate so chancers are they would join the rest in a tub in my closet for the time being until I switch out the shelves or get a bigger collection room. So I would love to see the level of detail of the 13'' figures on a 9'' line. I do not want to see Mego reproductions. I understand the love of this line and I appreciate the line in terms of toy history but I do not want to see it. In today's market I want detail, great costumes and actual fists on my figures - not oven mits. Plus, Mattel is handling this for those looking for that nostigila and if DCD is smart they might see the sales of this line and perhaps give their own treatment of the DCU heroes at this scale.

If they went to a 9" line then there would be yet another scale issue of a line that doesn't fit in to any existing popular lines to put off the majority of collectors so knowing DC Direct that will be the way they go!

I wouldn't put it past DCD to go 9" to attract the old Mego crowd even though that hasn't been successful in the past. I'm telling you, DCD happily imports Hot Toys figures to sell via their retailers after their have come and gone, I could see them getting HT to redo the entire Superhero line using HT bodies, sculpting and costuming and then importing them and selling them no problem, then after that seems to be failing flat reintroducing the 13" line. :lol

There is a revival of the Mego style DC figures coming from Mattel (mattycollector exclusives I believe) so I don't think DC Direct is planning on going that route.

Yeah the Mego figures are going to be released by Mattel starting I believe at the end of this year. Green Arrow will be a Matty exclusive with the rest of wave 1 coming out in 2010 at Toysrus. They look nice for what they are but they aren't for me.
I'll pick up Superman and Batman just for my shelves but as I said eariler I was wanting more from this scale than what this line is offering. If they are just doing Mego replicas of those figures that's fine but to be honest I was really hoping that Mattel was going to do a DCUC with this line. Just as DCUC is a homeage to Super Powers, I was wanting this new line to pay homeage to character selection but to be something more. And maybe DCD could do this if they are tired of the 13'' line.

Mattel has the Superman: the Movie figures too. That could mean they will be doing other DC characters as well.

Now that DCD has seen how well the Hot Toys Dark Knight figures do, maybe they'd let HT do comic based figures and just import them. Could do all the characters again.

Mattel has the Superman: the Movie figures too. That could mean they will be doing other DC characters as well.

Now that DCD has seen how well the Hot Toys Dark Knight figures do, maybe they'd let HT do comic based figures and just import them. Could do all the characters again.

I sure hope this is what happens. The decision to make these 13" so that they can stand out was a poorly conceived one. DC characters would stand out just fine in true 1/6 scale.

Back