DC Collectibles Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Man of Steel figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this isn't really the forum for it but are people into 6" figures enough to pay this much? I dropped out of the 6" game aside from the occasional BTAS figure once they crept toward $20. Asking for $50 for what seems like the same quality seems ludicrous. And yeah that Mezco line looks cool but I have abandoned my smaller displays for 1/6 and 1/4.

Japanese figures are regularly that price and above. But their quality is unparalleled. I am one of those guys that buy them.

I exclusively collect batman and Metal Gear figures, and even then only the really good stuff that interests me so it's not a bother for me to collect expensive 6 inch lines

Very excited about this line

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

They're all up for preorder except for Wonder Woman and Superman on BBTS (edit: up now, see two posts down) for $40 each. I missed the price when I first read this thread...what is the justification for $40?? I'll preorder some in case they sell out, I hope in hand pics show up early so we can all judge quality. Still happy Suicide Squad figures are being made at all, of course, and I'll buy them if they turn out ok.

Thanks for this comparison shot. Mezco is my favorite out of the bunch. But that's also because of how great the Dark Knight Returns figures have been. From the articulation to the costume to the box, Mezco makes you feel like you're opening a mini Hot Toys.

The DCC one just doesn't seem worth the price tag.

No problem. I prefer the MAFEX but duly noted. :duff

You sure about that?

preorder_wonder_woman__mafex_1451349536_89951a57.jpg

I'm very impressed with that WW. If only the ankle joints weren't flesh-colored though.

what is the justification for $40??

Something about movie accuracy and hyper-realistic blah, blah, blah. :lol

BigBadToyStore.com Search
they are all up for pre order now, including wonder woman and supes at this link.
and i pre ordered Harley, yes the price is insane but considering that Mattel has no plans at making the suicide squad figures since they are only doing the kid stuff and the other companies are doing the squad, then i dont see a way around the high cost to get a movie harley , unless mafex has one underway thats better then this one

Just açcurred to me that maybe the only way for DCC to do 7 inch figures was to have them $45 or higher since that's a pretty big price difference compared to Mattels

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Just açcurred to me that maybe the only way for DCC to do 7 inch figures was to have them $45 or higher since that's a pretty big price difference compared to Mattels

In regards to film figures....

Yeah, or maybe they have to pay Mattel for them to be able to make the film figures, hence the higher price? I doubt the quality of the film figures will be better than their other lines.

I'm very impressed with that WW. If only the ankle joints weren't flesh-colored though.

Her ankles are supposed to be flesh colored. Her leg pieces are separate plates, and don't even wrap around her whole leg.

Might be of interest to people. Jim Fletcher says that Superman and Wonder Woman are still being worked on, and that they might try to streamline Luthor's clothes. Also features a mock-up of their intended packaging. All within the first ten minutes:

it's all gonna come down to paint applications. At 45- 50 a piece, everything falls down to quality. The man of steel figures looks great and will be a buy for me. The superman joints are horribly mind-boggling. Wonder woman looks more like the actress that plays Ras al Ghul's daughter in Arrow.

Might be of interest to people. Jim Fletcher says that Superman and Wonder Woman are still being worked on, and that they might try to streamline Luthor's clothes. Also features a mock-up of their intended packaging. All within the first ten minutes:

Said they only going from Man of Steel on wards....Were not going back and doing older stuff"......

So much for the older movies... Figures...

I like that they're gunning to make higher quality 6" figures to compete with the foreign toy companies.

$35-40 is not too bad considering people are paying $50+ for imports.

Well at least we got that confirmation. Nice to know it's just Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and the current DC cinematic universe and not the older stuff. At least people won't get their hopes up.

NECA (and hopefully Mezco if they ever get around to showing their Keaton Batman) should take care of us on the older, classic films 6"-7" front. The only thing that sucks is it'll only be 1-2 figures a year, if that. It's slow, but at least there's something.

Dumb move if you ask me they could do so much with the Previous Superman,Batman films....

Well at least we got that confirmation. Nice to know it's just Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and the current DC cinematic universe and not the older stuff. At least people won't get their hopes up.

NECA (and hopefully Mezco if they ever get around to showing their Keaton Batman) should take care of us on the older, classic films 6"-7" front. The only thing that sucks is it'll only be 1-2 figures a year, if that. It's slow, but at least there's something.

Oh come on, do you really believe that? They will make older films eventually....we might not get a Nicholson Joker, but there is no way they will not revisit those older films. I believe they will focus on the new films for now...because they have to, but we'll see some "classic" films.

Back