DC Collectibles Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Man of Steel figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly seems to be a possibility given their press release and how they hype up the fact that for "the first time ever, finally we bring you figures from the films". This could be the beginnings of something great. Also, let's face it, a lot of "grails" these days have been coming to fruition. After awhile there might not be a lot left to dig into between movie years so going back to the classics, like we see with the Animated Series, is a no brainer.

Prepare to possibly cry. :lol

I do wonder if this, along with Mattel, will effect NECA in the future with possible 7" exclusives. I hope not. The more options, the better all these figures will be. It's great having all these companies developing these figures. Competition is good, the more options, the better.

DC would be smart to continue this into their old properties, but this is DC Entertainment we're talking about here. They only want to draw attention to their cinematic universe. So while I don't doubt those could happen at a later time (maybe after the BTAS line dies out), I bet they won't be in this particular series (and hopefully not at this price point).

That's the thing about this line. They look just like DCC's other offerings. I won't be paying the $45-50 price tag for these, especially if Mattel picks up the Suicide Squad license for their Movie Masters. I'm happy enough with my armored Batman from Mattel. This one's not enough of an improvement, and for high-end I'm buying the Hot Toys version. If I wanted the six inch deluxe kind, I'd buy the Mezco with glowing eyes. Plus, I hate the unpainted skin tone look on these. It reminds me of those custom action figures you can get made with your face on a toy's body.

DCC

12717709_10156492211595384_2320382519774280501_n.jpg

VS.

MAFEX

mafex_batman_v_superman_armored_batman_wonder_woman_medicom_2.jpg

VS.

Mezco

One12-DC-BVS-Armored-Batman-3.jpg

Nice surprise seeing this news! Showing El Diablo makes me think they'll make the whole squad, which I doubt any other company is planning to do right now, so I'll probably get them all if I can. And it's neat they're making Faora, I can replace that really not-so-great Mattel one from way back. And that Eisenberg figure made me laugh. :lol

That's tough...I think Mafex might have the best details and it looks more metallic too, but all of those are prototypes, so who knows what the final product will look like.

I love the MAFEX. The DCC is so much better-looking than the Multiverse but I'd like to see what the production piece looks like. And the proportions on the Mezco may be a bit too comic-bookish.

No kidding, that's spot on. What an ugly figure.

I dare DCC to charge $40 for Luthor.

DCC

12717709_10156492211595384_2320382519774280501_n.jpg

VS.

MAFEX

mafex_batman_v_superman_armored_batman_wonder_woman_medicom_2.jpg

VS.

Mezco

One12-DC-BVS-Armored-Batman-3.jpg

Thanks for this comparison shot. Mezco is my favorite out of the bunch. But that's also because of how great the Dark Knight Returns figures have been. From the articulation to the costume to the box, Mezco makes you feel like you're opening a mini Hot Toys.

The DCC one just doesn't seem worth the price tag.

The DCC version had the best cowl. Mafex looks the best overall, but Mezco is the most accurate/highest quality. They need to fix that cowl though, i don't like that paint around the yes

that's the best Gadot likeness i've seen on any figure yet.. not sure if the figure will come out looking like that though.

You sure about that?

preorder_wonder_woman__mafex_1451349536_89951a57.jpg

I know this isn't really the forum for it but are people into 6" figures enough to pay this much? I dropped out of the 6" game aside from the occasional BTAS figure once they crept toward $20. Asking for $50 for what seems like the same quality seems ludicrous. And yeah that Mezco line looks cool but I have abandoned my smaller displays for 1/6 and 1/4.

I'm not willing to jump up to this price point for the same old same old from DCC, even if they come with a boatload of extra accessories.

I am happy with the two pack and separate single I bought from Mezco, though, and thought they were worth the price. But that's because they're so different and well crafted. I'm still skipping the BvS stuff, though, in favor of Hot Toys.

Look great.

But I'm not expecting the finished figures to look like that at all, the last DC figure I bout was the arkham Knight batman and it was abysmal, it looked like it has been melted prior to packaging. Absolutely no details on his armour at all.

Back