Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it this morning and it was AWESOME!!!
the movie is an ideal blockbuster.
You get great characters on both sides, the movie takes its time to set up everything then it goes BOOM.
And when it does man its really cool.
The apes assault you see in the latest trailer is really something.
Some images are straight out of a nightmare and are so cool.
Watch the first movie before going in, it will help a lot the viewing character building wise.
The story is pretty straigforward and without surprises (save for maybe one that is really cool).
Best Summer flick so far :)

AMC is doing a double feature showing the first before the second. Highly considering doing this.

That would be cool to attend! :D

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just waiting to see if either of my folks want to go. They I think are both interested but may not be able to go. So I may do that and then go again on Saturday to take them if I do this alone.

Hopefully your parents can go with ya! :D

Either way it sounds like something fun to attend! :yess:

Good chance I can drag the old man. :lol Mom probably won't since she gets up super early for work. I'll take her over the weekend since she likes these movies.

Agreed :rock

Saw it this morning and it was AWESOME!!!
the movie is an ideal blockbuster.
You get great characters on both sides, the movie takes its time to set up everything then it goes BOOM.
And when it does man its really cool.
The apes assault you see in the latest trailer is really something.
Some images are straight out of a nightmare and are so cool.
Watch the first movie before going in, it will help a lot the viewing character building wise.
The story is pretty straigforward and without surprises (save for maybe one that is really cool).
Best Summer flick so far :)

This has been getting great reviews, (9.5 out of 10 from the site I usually check out since their writers and I share similar interests & opinions) and I hadn't known that Gary Oldman was in this until a few weeks ago and that is always a big plus for me. I want to know, but it is a spoiler question, but how bad does he get it at the end (since he seems like the main guy leading the war against the monkeys)?

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just waiting to see if either of my folks want to go. They I think are both interested but may not be able to go. So I may do that and then go again on Saturday to take them if I do this alone.

That's awesome that you're spending time with your parents. :hi5:

New poster on herocomplexgallery

caesar.jpg

That's awesome that you're spending time with your parents. :hi5:

Yeah, I think so. Dad especially likes to go to the movies with me. At least some of them and the old man loves comic-con after going so many times. Mom is the main person that got me into Middle-earth. Though, I know some folks think it's strange that my parents do these things.

Do you (or anybody else) know if the poster they are giving away is a normal size one sheet (27 x 40) or just a mini poster?

I don't know yet. The last couple have been regular full size posters, but I've also had some that were smaller. I'll let ya know Thursday.

Back